Recent Topics

Ads

warrior priest dps, thoughts

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
BurnSetting

Re: warrior priest dps, thoughts

Post#51 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:49 pm

Leecifer wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:26 pm
I don't think TTK is a good metric for what weapon is best on Wrath WP. In my opinion our best chance to kill an enemy comes from burst. The only way we can get close to a real DPS burst window is when we have our auto-attacks crit at the same time as an ability. I think theres a sweet spot for slow speed weapons syncing with our global cooldown. I will need to do some tests to be sure, but I thought that was always a rule of thumb with DPS WP.
Yeah, there can be a sweet spot for sure. I think most people who have tried them all agree that you want the biggest white numbies you can get, thus why bloodlord is so popular and why the Fortress Weapon is so popular now. It's like you said - BURST. Plus the utility of additional anti-heal is really nice.
Sekshual Healin - Warrior Priestess of Sigmar
RR82

Grinding to be the best face smasher in the west!

Check me out on Twitch!
www.twitch.tv/burnsetting

Ads
BurnSetting

Post#52 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:58 pm

duds wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:41 pm What is your renow build if i may ask?
Hey, apologies for the late reply. LIFE!

My RR is currently:
- Futile Strikes 3
- Opportunist 3
- Reflexes 4

Occasionally I'll run glass cannon with:
- Opportunist 4
- Reflexes 4
- Might OR Blademaster 3
- Might OR Blademaster 2

There's a lot of people who believe that you just need to kill people faster than they can kill you and so just maxing out STR/WS is the way to go. They do well, but only with a guard. They melt otherwise.

But again, as a Melee DPS build, you NEED A GUARD JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER MELEE DPS CLASS!!

Any slayer who says they are great without a guard is full of it.
Sekshual Healin - Warrior Priestess of Sigmar
RR82

Grinding to be the best face smasher in the west!

Check me out on Twitch!
www.twitch.tv/burnsetting

Mordecaieth

Post#53 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:07 pm

This sounds like something everyone deals with when gearing your off-spec. Your stats are going to suck unless you have the grit and patience to grind out bloodlord. My 2h black orc was essentially a waste of space until I hit 75+ and had full bloodlord.

Curious what gear you're running with this. And if we seriously give gap closers to healing dps why would anyone play anything else. I get people want their classes to perform better, but it's a lot more complicated then you might think.
Last edited by Mordecaieth on Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VindicoAtrum

Post#54 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:29 pm

Mordecaieth wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:07 pm This sounds like something everyone deals with when gearing your off-spec. Your stats are going to suck unless you have the grit and patience to grind out bloodlord. My 2h black orc was essentially a waste of space until I hit 75+ and had full bloodlord.

Curious what gear you're running with this. And if we seriously give gap closers to healing dps why would anyone play anything else. I get people want their classes to perform better, but it's a lot more complicated than you might think.
What a sad way to approach balancing a pair of classes that have dps specs. "Here's a damage spec, but you're a moron for playing it without the best pve or pvp gear set in the game hahaha".

DPS DoK is my favourite class but seeing damage totals at the end of every scenario makes me sad. Class would be fine with 65-75% of MDPS damage, lucky to get 30-50%.

duds

Post#55 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:15 am

BurnSetting wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:58 pm
duds wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:41 pm What is your renow build if i may ask?
Hey, apologies for the late reply. LIFE!

My RR is currently:
- Futile Strikes 3
- Opportunist 3
- Reflexes 4

Occasionally I'll run glass cannon with:
- Opportunist 4
- Reflexes 4
- Might OR Blademaster 3
- Might OR Blademaster 2

There's a lot of people who believe that you just need to kill people faster than they can kill you and so just maxing out STR/WS is the way to go. They do well, but only with a guard. They melt otherwise.

But again, as a Melee DPS build, you NEED A GUARD JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER MELEE DPS CLASS!!

Any slayer who says they are great without a guard is full of it.
Thank you!

Onigokko0101

Post#56 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:33 am

VindicoAtrum wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:29 pm
Mordecaieth wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:07 pm This sounds like something everyone deals with when gearing your off-spec. Your stats are going to suck unless you have the grit and patience to grind out bloodlord. My 2h black orc was essentially a waste of space until I hit 75+ and had full bloodlord.

Curious what gear you're running with this. And if we seriously give gap closers to healing dps why would anyone play anything else. I get people want their classes to perform better, but it's a lot more complicated than you might think.
What a sad way to approach balancing a pair of classes that have dps specs. "Here's a damage spec, but you're a moron for playing it without the best pve or pvp gear set in the game hahaha".

DPS DoK is my favourite class but seeing damage totals at the end of every scenario makes me sad. Class would be fine with 65-75% of MDPS damage, lucky to get 30-50%.
DPS DoK is about 100% in line with other DPS, if they are specced ST. DPS DoK/WP are full single target specs, with some minor AoE, you arent going to top the damage charts because you dont have AoE to speak of.

That said, once again, if comparing ST to ST the DPS DoK/WP is pretty much in line with other DPS, with the benefit of being able to provide lifetaps and **** too.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Gareul

Post#57 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:31 am

Wrong WP now have some of the best aoe funnel damage, Run in Soulfire pop Sigmars Shield+Sigmars Wrath (SW has no GCD or very small), if enemy is clustered backout while spamming Smite combined with Guilty Soul ticks, empty AP bar then pop pot keep spamming then pop second AP pot by then 20 sec should be up, if SM pops WW even better. Because its a very large cone affect the melee ball can be seperate from healers its like aiming a cannon just hit healers then aim at melee ball and slam in them to make sure guilty soul is eating them. All you idiots that keep saying WP is **** dps wake up and play the class properly or get into the right gear and shutup.

Gareul

Post#58 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:39 am

If u want to do good damage yes u need to be atleast rr70 points i stick with
Might 4
Blademaster 4
Opportunist 2
Reflex 3
Futile 2

Only 2 Points in futile because of stat starvation if u want the damage+lifetaps u gotta have the str/WS and WP are stat starved even in warlord/off sov, there are ways to get your chance to be crit down but u are mdps stop worrying about being to tanky otherwise u wont get the damage numbers u want. WP can also be tankier with managing our Sigmars Shield over other Mdps.

Ads
Gareul

Post#59 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:42 am

Oh and dont use str pots like other WP do its silly use your strength buff it only has a 5sec cd and its larger then a pot, use tough/crit or WS/crit reduction liniments.

Parallels66

Post#60 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:41 pm

^^^^^^ listen to gareul, he **** DELETES people...usually top 3 melee dps overall (usually top) with high KB in organised city groups aswell. dudes insane
Skargraive the Chosen - [Unreal]