Recent Topics

Ads

[WH]: is crit pointless?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
aylictal

[WH]: is crit pointless?

Post#1 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:05 pm

hello

when i hit high realm rank shamans/zealots like this, this is the experience i'm seeing. is crit pointless to build on witch hunter? honest question as i'm currently rolling with max opportunist with the crit tactic encourage *edit confession /edit* for ~25% crit rate, but it sure as hell doesn't feel like it...

beginning to wonder if i should just dump it as well as BAL and start abso spamming because i can't ever seem to crit any of these high rank supports.

https://imgur.com/QTUSxVO

Ads
Aerogath
Suspended

Re: [WH]: is crit pointless?

Post#2 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:30 pm

People have either on gear or renown "reduced chance to be critically hit" if you have 25% and the enemy has "10% reduced chance to be critically hit" its lowers your chance to 15%

aylictal

Post#3 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:40 pm

so in 35 attacks i get 0 crits as shown in the screen. this isn't abnormal, this happens A LOT.

how is me spending 45 of my renown levels, as well as two tactic slots (encourage confession AND fanatical cleansing) for 0% crit in any ways an effective way to kill others?

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:43 pm

Normally on higher RR and with better gear it is possible to get high critchances so it should be balanced, its still an mmo what means Gear > Skill.
That the Balance on ROR is ... meh is something else but WH is fine you just need better gear/higher RR

aylictal

Post#5 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:48 pm

What way to get higher crit than opportunist 4 + encourage confession?

Only gear? What gear would give more ? I'm currently sporting annihilator which gives 6% and there are no talismans that give crit. so theoretically here i'm looking at marginally 4 or 5 % more even in sovereign / invader.

This is what spawned this post, I'm not sure if crit is even the correct way to go with this class.

Ysaran

Post#6 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:20 pm

Many classes (Choppa, slayer and IB at least) have abilities that reduces your crit chance.
In addiction sometime the fourth tactic slot bugs out and the tactic doesn't work.
You have problems because you play alone, the other classes have abilities that increases your chances to crit, play in group and you will enjoy the game much more
Zputadenti

aylictal

Post#7 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:25 pm

Theres a lot of assumptions being thrown out here.

A) I wasn't alone I was in a group when this happened.

B) I hit this guy 35 times with 25% crit chance and not a single crit. The shear odds of that occurring is mind boggling but this ISNT happening irregularly, in fact it happens QUITE OFTEN.

C) The shaman in question was ALONE and still managed to kill me with a team and got away lol.

I'm looking for an effective way to deal damage as a witch hunter and crit clearly doesn't seem the right route.

Zxul

Post#8 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:54 pm

On my dok I'm running with FS3 and another -10% to be crit from items, and going FS4 in 1.5 rr. Prepare for the above to happen more as following sov added (especially engi/magus one) more will go with max anticrit.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
aylictal

Post#9 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:59 pm

Yeah so I'm thinking crit isn't the right way to go not unless you go abso spam or something.

Looking for other ideas.

Sulorie

Post#10 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:48 pm

aylictal wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:59 pm Yeah so I'm thinking crit isn't the right way to go not unless you go abso spam or something.

Looking for other ideas.
First, you don't solo a healer. You are not geared to provide any threat, assist on others.
You have healdebuffs up to 75%.
20-25% reduced chance to be crit is the most you get without stacking too many items just for -crit, while losing too many other stats.
With anni set you will kill only afk players, this is t2-3 gear.
Dying is no option.