Recent Topics

Ads

KotBS vs IB

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Orpheus66

KotBS vs IB

Post#1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:21 pm

I'm playing IB right now (lvl19) and it is fun but man I really love how KotBS looks when you hide the helmet. So whats the compare and contrast between these two classes?

Ads
ashton007

Re: KotBS vs IB

Post#2 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:06 pm

KoBS is in higher demand for group play. The auras are hard to beat. IB is going to have better damage.

zulnam

Post#3 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:44 pm

Kotbs is always in high demand due to aura buffs but man is it boring.

In contrast, ib has a lot of abilities and is very strong in solo and 6-man but the weakest tank for warband play.

At the end of the day a tank is a tank. You will always find a group.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Orpheus66

Post#4 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:08 am

zulnam wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:44 pm Kotbs is always in high demand due to aura buffs but man is it boring.

In contrast, ib has a lot of abilities and is very strong in solo and 6-man but the weakest tank for warband play.

At the end of the day a tank is a tank. You will always find a group.
That's too bad, while I enjoy Warbands I find them boring at times (just standing around waiting) whereas in Scenarios I'm always doing something

I think I will stick with IB. I like the mechanics and I like the damage but man I hate the looks

Lime

Post#5 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:40 am

Knight/SM has more synergy with WL/BW.
IB has more synergy with physical dps that lack an armor debuff like slayer, asw, wh, wp, etc.

Every group wants 2 tanks so generally you run a knight and Second tank is SM or IB generally depending on which dps you have in a balanced group.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

StrongUn

Post#6 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:53 am

Orpheus66 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:08 am I think I will stick with IB. I like the mechanics and I like the damage but man I hate the looks
Try the Black Guard, has the same mechanics and even more offensive than IB and doesnt look like a potato hahaha