Recent Topics

Ads

Need a WH Guide ( renown rank + specs )

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
thomas1995

Re: Need a WH Guide ( renown rank + specs )

Post#11 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:53 am

Mystry wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:57 pm Just a friendly reminder that anyone trying to refute my original reply is either completely out of touch with the game, or just plain wrong.

Anything WH can do, WL/Slayer can do and infinitely better. Don't waste a year and a half of your life like I did trying to make WH work. It won't happen.
Well a duo WH can melt Oil, Yesterday I had the most fun I had for a while.
We just melted Oil with our guild.
a WL or Slayer can't do that.

Tbh I didn't feel like I was useless, i'm happy that my Guild and Alliance can appreciate WH's in their WB's.

Ads
Freerider

Post#12 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:50 pm

Here is your basic build
RoR.builders - Witch Hunter

You run right tree because it gives your three most important tools
Burn away the lies: Main execution a dot damage with a burst at the end, always have it on your target
Pistol Whip: Main tool for killing, do a good damage and let you set kills for your group
Sanctified oil: Can be used as a offensive tool to refresh opener and to charge an enemy or as defensive tool to reach your healers
Fanatical Cleansed: Just more damage for your crits

Middle tree: We dont care about it

Left tree
we want blessed blades, but since you lack the renown to reach it take shroud of magnus and use it as a defensive tool against Rdps

For tactics:
Flowing accusation: Chance to get accusation points back so you can add more burst damage with absolution
Brute Force: More strength = more damage at least until you can cap it
Flanking: 15% more damages when striking from back or sides (you should always be there)
Fanatical Cleansed: Just more damage for your crits

Renown points:
Increase critical chance and reduce your chance to receive it, disrupt magic if you think that will work

Gameplay style:
-Use stealth before enemy notices you
-Focus a squishy target
-opener -> pistol whip-> Fervor -> torment-> BAL (if you get accusation back spam torment to get 5 points and use absolution)
-if the target isnt dead keep aplying BAL and pistol whip when the invulnerability buff runs out, remember to use fervor at least one time to shield BAL from being cleansed
-sanctified oil to run to your group if things get nasty
-If BAL is already on the enemy and you cant pistol whip him use torment to get 5 points and use absolution.
-If you are not facing a high priority target (a healer) always be sure to check the enemies around. focus the one who are already with low hp since your burst damage is amazing to secure kills also absolution is a range attack so before using it you should check again for any low hp enemy who is fleeing the battle and finish him unless you are sure that it is going to kill your current target.
-Repeat

popperz

Post#13 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:40 am

ST DG WH

Absolution at 2-3 mech points to keep the blessed blade up 100% of time. I use it at 2, to be able to hit 50% of absolutions ignoring armor.
Max crit and parry, rest futile strikes.

Advantages: good defensive arsenal. KD every 10 sec, pistol whip in case of parry, disrupt/parry/re-stealth gap closer. Good against melee opponents.
Disadvantages: no heal debuff. It's a critical disadvantage. In the context of the mainstream BAL spec the burst is lower since with BAL you stack damage (BAL + torments in parallel), but if/when you play mostly solo I find DG spec superior due to universality. In group (have no idea why somebody would chose WH over slayer/WL/ASW) BAL + HD I guess is better since there are tanks/heals to worry about your survivability/cc.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

jokerspsycho

Post#14 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:33 pm

popperz wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:40 am ST DG WH

Absolution at 2-3 mech points to keep the blessed blade up 100% of time. I use it at 2, to be able to hit 50% of absolutions ignoring armor.

Advantages: good defensive arsenal. KD every 10 sec, pistol whip in case of parry, disrupt/parry/re-stealth gap closer. Good against melee opponents.
Disadvantages: no heal debuff. It's a critical disadvantage. In the context of the mainstream BAL spec the burst is lower since with BAL you stack damage (BAL + torments in parallel), but if/when you play mostly solo I find DG spec superior due to universality. In group (have no idea why somebody would chose WH over slayer/WL/ASW) BAL + HD I guess is better since there are tanks/heals to worry about your survivability/cc.
What's the draw to have PW and DG? Since immunity pops on first kd.

Also how long is the KD on DG anyways?

Sarnai

Post#15 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:53 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:33 pm

Dragon Gun CD is 10 sec. I would assume one would be a back-up KD if the other gets parried. I'll make a note about Fanatic Cleansing: it should really only be taken when you're approaching late game and can stack your crit chance above 20% at the very least. It's a great tactic but you need to give it a chance to actually go off, and running around with +50% crit damage but only 6% chance to crit isn't going to help you. While you're leveling that tactic slot can be used for something more useful.
WH looking for gunbad left

jokerspsycho

Post#16 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:10 pm

Sarnai wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:53 pm
jokerspsycho wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:33 pm

Dragon Gun CD is 10 sec. I would assume one would be a back-up KD if the other gets parried. I'll make a note about Fanatic Cleansing: it should really only be taken when you're approaching late game and can stack your crit chance above 20% at the very least. It's a great tactic but you need to give it a chance to actually go off, and running around with +50% crit damage but only 6% chance to crit isn't going to help you. While you're leveling that tactic slot can be used for something more useful.
I know the cd is 10s, was wondering what the knockdown duration of DG was. Sry shoulda clarified.

Instead of Fanatic would one take the AA speed increase on crit instead or 25% crit from absolution?

Trying to find my class and I get suckered into cool looking classes even if they arent considered meta like wh and sw lol

popperz

Post#17 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:23 pm

PW in DG spec is a good ability. It's not like you have something else to choose.
It is useful in case your target parried KD. Also, it's very useful when multiple targets are present.
Lastly, I frequently use it when blessed blade is up as dps ability. Its' damage is higher than other abilities.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK