Recent Topics

Ads

WH help

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vlad333

WH help

Post#1 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:38 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm encountering a very legit issue. I'm a lvl 18 WH and I cannot understand how I am supposed to get RvR gear ( which is the dps spec ) when i can do nothign RvR's.
I am at a siege, as we speak, and i can't do anything besides AFK-ing. I get 3 medals in 1 hour. This means it will take weeks to get my 2nd set of RvR.
I cannot help in any way, and i cannot 1v1 anyone since i fight lvl 40 people.

Any suggestions?

Ads
Fey

Re: WH help

Post#2 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:24 pm

Scenarios are going to be your best bet. Duelist is defensive, but better than green gear.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Mystry
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:28 pm

You can't. Leaving aside the fact that you're in the 16-40 bracket, WH/WE are very gimped at the moment. I know I'm gonna get **** for this, but do yourself a favor and just reroll slayer or white lion. I gave up on my WH a long time ago.

If you REALLY WANT TO you could try to do an AOE dragon gun morale-drain build; but you need to be a much higher level than 18 to do that. Here's a minimum build for it, you'll need to get to at least level 28: Minimum Dragon Gun

If you don't know what the purpose of Dragon Gun is, it reduces the morale bar for enemies it hits and grains your group extra morale on use. It'll also knockdown the person you shoot it at.

For reference, at much later levels (and with better melee classes), the idea during a siege is to use Bypass Defenses to get into their postern and mess up their squishies and the oil on the wall, and when you're about to die, jump off to your teammates to get resurrected.

abezverkhiy

Post#4 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:48 pm

Not much you can do. Do scenarios and afk in wb’s. If you have rested bonus - spend it in pve to speed up your progression
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Vlad333

Post#5 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:16 pm

Thank you for the input guys.
I decided to spam SC's as i enjoy them anyway, and take the offspec sets with SC currency.
I added full STR talismans on everything plus some renown ( maxed parry already ), at least for this early level. Seems to work, my dmg ain't that bad.

bossabe

Post#6 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:51 am

Mystry wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:28 pm You can't. Leaving aside the fact that you're in the 16-40 bracket, WH/WE are very gimped at the moment. I know I'm gonna get **** for this, but do yourself a favor and just reroll slayer or white lion. I gave up on my WH a long time ago.

If you REALLY WANT TO you could try to do an AOE dragon gun morale-drain build; but you need to be a much higher level than 18 to do that. Here's a minimum build for it, you'll need to get to at least level 28: Minimum Dragon Gun

If you don't know what the purpose of Dragon Gun is, it reduces the morale bar for enemies it hits and grains your group extra morale on use. It'll also knockdown the person you shoot it at.

For reference, at much later levels (and with better melee classes), the idea during a siege is to use Bypass Defenses to get into their postern and mess up their squishies and the oil on the wall, and when you're about to die, jump off to your teammates to get resurrected.
i approve that strongly

Zxul

Post#7 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:22 am

Your best bet- team up with another wh and search for targets. Even 2x lvl 18 wh tend to hurt with boost.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Vlad333

Post#8 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:30 pm

Update. Currently 32 with 30 renown.
I cannot keep renown level anymore through SC's, so i went again to a siege. I tried being sneaky, stealth + lockpick to get on walls.
Perma stealth needs to be added to this game. It is a must. It would never make WH/WE broken, just give them some worth. I can deal some dmg, albeit meh, but the fact that I stealth, lockpick, enter keep, and by the time i reach any stairs my stealth is over, is pathetic.
I have to hide around walls for 30 seconds to wait for stealth, many people see me, some do not. I died enough times, regardless. So you do all of this jusut to get the 4 seconds of combat chance you have on a wall, just to tickle some destro because they are surrounded by healers and such.
Nice and fun class, but bad stealth mechanic and uselessness in the zerg creates frustration.

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#9 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:57 pm

Vlad333 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:30 pm Update. Currently 32 with 30 renown.
I cannot keep renown level anymore through SC's, so i went again to a siege. I tried being sneaky, stealth + lockpick to get on walls.
Perma stealth needs to be added to this game. It is a must. It would never make WH/WE broken, just give them some worth. I can deal some dmg, albeit meh, but the fact that I stealth, lockpick, enter keep, and by the time i reach any stairs my stealth is over, is pathetic.
I have to hide around walls for 30 seconds to wait for stealth, many people see me, some do not. I died enough times, regardless. So you do all of this jusut to get the 4 seconds of combat chance you have on a wall, just to tickle some destro because they are surrounded by healers and such.
Nice and fun class, but bad stealth mechanic and uselessness in the zerg creates frustration.
I don't think it needs unlimited. 1m duration and 10s cd would be good imo. But yeah, if you arent a choppa/slayer, sorc/bw, tank, of healer you arent really "wanted" in a siege wb.

abezverkhiy

Post#10 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:55 am

Do not touch destros if they have upper hand. And use hit-and-RUN tactics better. Run, Forest, run!
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354