Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Comment on my build

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Melkoroth

[WH] Comment on my build

Post#1 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:05 pm

I feel there's a lack of WH discussion and guides for newbs, so I'd like you to show my build so you can comment on it and maybe we'll all learn something.

Link to the Build

Used it from RR40 onwards. Just dinged RR70 and got Pistol Whip for another knockdown althought with immunities I'm not sure if it's more than marginally useful. I want to test a Burn Away Lies build shortly too.

Tactic sets:
- General purpose: Brute Force, Blessed Blade, Fanatical Cleansing, Flanking
- Anti-melee: Brute Force, Blessed Blade, Riposte, Righteous Steel
- Anti-casters: Brute Force, Flanking, Vindication, Fanatical Cleansing

Rotation and general strategy:
From stealth I open with Sudden Accusation and with those 2 accusations Dragon Gun. Now your target is knocked down and you got 3 secs of 50% armor penetration with Blessed Blade. Position yourself behind for the 15% damage from Flanking and from here on Torment away (+ Feinted Positioning if needed), Seeker's Blade and Sever Blessing when you can. I mainly finish with Trial by Pain as you get the armor penetration from blessed blades at the start (and at the end too).

* Against casters I usualy Silence after the first knockdown wears off and Shroud of Magnus after that. Sigil of Sigmar when rooted by Sorcs, etc.
* Against healers I try to save silence till about 30% life to burst them down but mostly fail at it.
* Against melee use Repel Blasphemy and Confusing Movements morale 1 for parry.
* Against heavily armored tanks with shield I tend to go all PvE and Fervor dot them finishing with Burn, Heretic!

Sanctified oil can be used to re-apply opener, to chase off running enemies or to attempt to vanish if Incognito is up, alhough this fails quite more than I would like to, frankly. Very useful skill. Declare Anathema on the other hand I seldom use. Maybe when being on a wall to jump to my faction but that's it.

With all these I found myself able to 1vs1 effectively since about getting Conqueror/Vanquisher set, maybe winning like 2 out of 3 encounters. Some DoK's are unkillable and some just burn me down, some I kill easily. Zealots sometimes get away but they don't generally hit much. A very good-geared marauder or choppa I fear a bit but usually the fight goes in my favor. The classes I'm consistently unable to kill no matter what are Shamans and Melee Squig Herders. Any tips against these will be greatly appreciated.

Questions to the community:
* Have you found another opener besides Sudden Accusations useful at all? I think it does the most damage overall.
* What factors break stealth? I'm not sure on these and sometimes find myself out of it in the midst of destro zerg :/
* What finishers do you use and when? I read someone the other day saying Trial by Pain was crap. Am I missing something?
* I am the only one that gets to experience Feinted Positiong bugs sometimes and doesn't activate nor trigger CD? Really annoying
Ettenhard Abarca - Witch Hunter

Ads
StrongUn

Re: [WH] Comment on my build

Post#2 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:34 pm

Melkoroth wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:05 pm I feel there's a lack of WH discussion and guides for newbs, so I'd like you to show my build so you can comment on it and maybe we'll all learn something.

Link to the Build

Used it from RR40 onwards. Just dinged RR70 and got Pistol Whip for another knockdown althought with immunities I'm not sure if it's more than marginally useful. I want to test a Burn Away Lies build shortly too.

Tactic sets:

From stealth I open with Sudden Accusation and with those 2 accusations Dragon Gun. Now your target is knocked down and you got 3 secs of 50% armor penetration with Blessed Blade. Position yourself behind for the 15% damage from Flanking and from here on Torment away (+ Feinted Positioning if needed), Seeker's Blade and Sever Blessing when you can. I mainly finish with Trial by Pain as you get the armor penetration from blessed blades at the start (and at the end too).

* Against casters I usualy Silence after the first knockdown wears off and Shroud of Magnus after that. Sigil of Sigmar when rooted by Sorcs, etc.
* Against healers I try to save silence till about 30% life to burst them down but mostly fail at it.
* Against heavily armored tanks with shield I tend to go all PvE and Fervor dot them finishing with Burn, Heretic!

Sanctified oil can be used to re-apply opener, to chase off running enemies or to attempt to vanish if Incognito is up, alhough this fails quite more than I would like to, frankly. Very useful skill. Declare Anathema on the other hand I seldom use. Maybe when being on a wall to jump to my faction but that's it.

With all these I found myself able to 1vs1 effectively since about getting Conqueror/Vanquisher set, maybe winning like 2 out of 3 encounters. Some DoK's are unkillable and some just burn me down, some I kill easily. Zealots sometimes get away but they don't generally hit much. A very good-geared marauder or choppa I fear a bit but usually the fight goes in my favor. The classes I'm consistently unable to kill no matter what are Shamans and Melee Squig Herders. Any tips against these will be greatly appreciated.

* Have you found another opener besides Sudden Accusations useful at all? I think it does the most damage overall.
* What factors break stealth? I'm not sure on these and sometimes find myself out of it in the midst of destro zerg :/
* What finishers do you use and when? I read someone the other day saying Trial by Pain was crap. Am I missing something?
* I am the only one that gets to experience Feinted Positiong bugs sometimes and doesn't activate nor trigger CD? Really annoying

Another barracudas fanboy :o :lol:

abezverkhiy

Post#3 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:47 am

I used it while levelling. Not bad. The most annoying thing in the build is shared cooldown of SoM and SO. I'd drop SoM and replaced it with Seeker's Triumph tactic.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Faef

Post#4 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:39 am

I've been away a while so not aware of the current meta - SoD was essential before, but people I trust tell me Blessed Blades is just as effecive - Trial by pain would seem logical to use but does its damage stack up against multiple 2 execution absolutions with FA (although random, did apply alot in the past)?

You may already know this bu you can fire off your stealth opener + feinted at the same time, plus if you use a tool like cast sequence you can get an extra torment in to. For cast sequence I have stealh opener, plus torment as the next skill in line on one key, with feinted on another, press both on opening

This is an old thread but it had good tips for soloing (gear and skill info maybe out of date) viewtopic.php?f=75&t=19052

As for having your stealth popped it was only from direct damage, so if you are getting found out try upping your ini (this governs your visibiliy) and keep people from your back, as its revealable from back only.

kryss

Post#5 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:36 am

Melkoroth wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:05 pm I feel there's a lack of WH discussion and guides for newbs, so I'd like you to show my build so you can comment on it and maybe we'll all learn something.

Link to the Build

Tactic sets:

A decent and fair low rr setup, with the right choices of tactics sets. Works for me, don't listen to riposte whiners, frag them as much as you can, get ranks with their deaths. The people who complain are the same who would follow you over an entire map with their party/premade/pug to get one digit rr for the kill of a soloer. Also, for fresh WHs: don't try to be fair with 1 on 1s, duels or anything on this server, nobody will appreciate it and they'll only jump on your corpse when they kill you 3 vs 1.

This is in general, but since you're RR70, I'd definetely move on to a BAL-based solo spec,available with some variations.

At RR70, you can go
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4368,4367
ok spec, but you are missing some defensive/offensive combos (SoM+vindication for 100% disrupt and +35% dmg against shammies that punt you, or zealots that stagger, or casters in general)

This is a more dueler oriented spec, available from RR60: BF and FC tactics are ofc mandatory, the other two vary from target in your sets: riposte+10% parry vs some melees, flanking + vindication against casters, for example. ALSO BF, FC, flowing accusations and flanking works well, but I'm no fan of a tactic that gives you nothing 50% of the time.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... =4395,4367

With sovereign +2, a new world opens up. The solo spec becomes like this
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,6103,4368

For cities that's a whole different story and specs.

Moving to questions:
-no, sudden is always your best option for a variery of reasons.
-dmg can break stealth: if you got low initiative, ppl like tanks and other mdps can spot you, hit you and destealth
-finishers: BAL if you have it (exit wound is useless), trial by pain if you spec blessed blades: it's not crap, it's good with that setup, especially if you open up on someone, KD him, fire off BAL, get another combo -point with a torment and then move away while hitting them with trial of pain: some WEs and mdps die from dots+DDs before they can even reach you. Also abso if u need to secure a kill from a target who's running. Then Dragon Gun if you run draining specs, ofc, but for stuns I rely on the good old hardhitting pistol whip.
-feinted positioning bug: It never happened to me.