Recent Topics

Ads

WP Melee Heals

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Gareul

WP Melee Heals

Post#1 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:28 pm

1.Sacrifice - Nice ability for burst heals but needs to be a 15 sec cd 30 sec is stupid long, either let it do less damage to the WP or more heals otherwise your punishing the WP for just wanting to play grace. In my opinion should affect a large radius of players for such a punishing ability.

2.Movement - Seriously all specs need this no target no heals/damage and no group support off of attacks. Even salvation as powerful as it is needs movement prob only thing it needs. I don't think i need to add more because people have given plenty of ideas to give this class what it needs do something please the class is lacking badly in melee out there in all situations due to movement.

3.Divine Strike - Should be 50 feet radius its useless right now i barely even use it in Wrath spec because such minor healing at 10feet and even less heals off lords in rvr. Grace needs out of group healing and this would help allot.

4.Sigmars Shield - i like it and i don't like it i sometimes wonder if we should just get to use it as a single target mitigation ability to use one yourself or friendly target, i guess again it wouldn't be an issue to hit a target if we had movement again another ability that be more useful with movement.

5.Morales - Rampaging Siphon is awesome for grace but not much else is again the class lacks morale choices.

These few changes would help with class in RvR and premades to help keep the Warband up atm it sucks outside of 6man plain and simple. I still have to thank the devs for taking the WP in a great direction but it has along way to go. Please leave ideas and constructive comments please.

Ads
Jinxypie

Re: WP Melee Heals

Post#2 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:01 pm

Some sort of base heal from lifetaps is a must imo to make dps healers perform reliably. Hitting tanks, guarded dpsers,bubbles or facing other types of mitigation result in very subpar heals which is killing those specs. Not saying you shouldnt pick your target, but even hitting other stuff shouldnt render you useless by double digit heals. Let the mobility and tossing yourself voluntarily frontline as melee heal aside.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Gareul

Post#3 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:00 am

I thought of something, what about taking either Refreshing Radiance/Cleansing Power baseline, put Exaulted Defence/Discipline (maybe fueled fury) in there place since only salvation benefits from those 2, make RR and also proc off Lifetaps that way Grace can be a battery with Divine Replenishment that would make Grace so good in pve and pvp.

anarchypark

Post#4 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:55 am

you wanna remove weakness from ur class and buff it, for more easy play.
that's not balancing.

positioning and finding target are player issue.
perhaps gather some numbers and compare it with other healers or mdps then it might look more serious.

for example,
at 700 str, hit sorc with X skill, dmg was Y healing was Z, spent A sec to perform it. dps tanks do same dmg with B, salv WP would heal C with same resource, but grace's tankier etc.

That's minimum requirement to start balance discussion, i think
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Gareul

Post#5 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:56 am

I think your right to some extent i got abit hot headed there, there has always been a struggle for the WP not only to get enough strength for Damage/Lifetaps but the scaling could be better i think to help the numbers it would be cool if someone could volunteer with good math skills.

Gareul

Post#6 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:18 pm

From my continued testing with Grace i take back allot of the buffs i just think some minor adjustments needed though. Sacrifice doing less damage to the WP not by much just needs minor nerf to the damage, Divine Strike could use slightly more range 50ft is OP i think 20ft would be good starting point, and same as my post for Wrath dps more strength needs to be available to the class or some adjustments to strength scaling, lastly a decent M2/M4 same as wrath. I also miss soulfire being available to grace.

Wiede

Post#7 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:23 pm

Tbh 10ft on divine strike often gets even out-lagged sometimes... 20-25ft would be good. To address the issue with the channeling skills of sac/grace, shields or set item bonus should contain a little Ressource-Reg like 2per second (shield)/4per second (set). That way you dont stand around completely blank after a full channel of your skills. Actually i for myself abuse the reg ability, cause it ticks for 2 times for 60reg whenever you start the channel... but i think, thats not intended that way. The self damage of the grpheal is okay imho for the huge heal it gives.

Gareul

Post#8 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:06 am

Testing the new Grace changes good so far still need sov/war to compete, running into armor pen issues though, one thing i would like looked at is WP M1 Divine Aegis its complete crap needs a buff to the HoT part of it so there is more then 1 m1 to use and Morales need to be looked at next i think for grace/wrath but going in the right direction still happy with the changes.

Ads
betozg

Post#9 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:54 am

How did you make it work?, talking about the new changes, it feels more like a nerf to me, since sigmar radiance now depends on str, and you cant invest in wounds or thoughness, which is a big problem considering you need to be at frontlines to heal and as a WP you are ALWAYS focused hard, people see WP's like easy taregts, even grace WPs

Rydiak

Post#10 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:57 am

betozg wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:54 am How did you make it work?, talking about the new changes, it feels more like a nerf to me, since sigmar radiance now depends on str, and you cant invest in wounds or thoughness, which is a big problem considering you need to be at frontlines to heal and as a WP you are ALWAYS focused hard, people see WP's like easy taregts, even grace WPs
The numbers were tuned so that if you have at least Mercenary-level gear you will have an increase to the base heal of Sigmar's Radiance/Transfer Essence. A bug was discovered yesterday involving absorbs and guard that also negatively affected the base heal of Sigmar's Radiance/Transfer Essence, causing the heal amount to be drastically lower than intended. I would highly recommend testing Sigmar's Radiance/Transfer Essence again today post-hotfix.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!