Recent Topics

Ads

WH solo build

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Wdova

Re: WH solo build

Post#11 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:14 am

Hey there!

I logged my old WH rr 56 from times when conq/beastlord was endgame gear. I was runing zones up to fort and city just for one night.
Until fort I pretty enjoyed it with my standard build I found the most universal to suit my hit and run playstyle: At my rr 58 I still mis 2 mastery points for Seal of destruction which help to deal even higher dmg.

I was surprised that It still can be verry effective with fast bursting down targets and inc. heal debuff is always handy against healers or targets which gets some healers attention.
Big plus of this hit and run playstyle is You can fully focus on offensive and dont put all of Your renown points in to defensives, just 10 points in parry, 10 points in dodge disrubt, rest in crit chance.

I tried AoE spec with dragon gun and It was crap par excelance. Hitting max 3 targets with Razor Strike and cooldown on Dragon gun 10s I found I was just a dead weight and I would be more useful to stay with Exit Wounds build and bursting down healers in back line than try to wannabe AOE.

I suggest try to standard BaL build which I never could get in to it and always felt that EW build provide more burst (only my personal feeling) One important thing on the end. Always and I mean Always have several tactic sets for different situations. Even on my Choppa I jump between 5 sets (Party, solo RDPS/healers, solo MDPS/tanks,warband, PVE)
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
TreefAM

Post#12 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:47 am

Honestly I'm just playing the riposte build, I tried many others, even went for Dragongun and Punish the false together, while sloting the armor pen, str, flanking and crit tactic, but I don't know, feel safest with the ripost build since otherwise I'd get nuked.
I don't run any defensive gear or talis at all, just full str.

abezverkhiy

Post#13 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:07 am

[/quote]
thanks alot man, ye with judgement tree and "gear" would you go glasscannon then ? WS-Str ? or go with more parry gear ? are you playing as a duelist yourself ? with riposte? or more CC-nuke ?
[/quote]
1) Glasscannon or survivalist - you decide. Try both, choose the one you like. I've always been a bit of survivalist (wounds talis, avoidance stats bought with renown) during levelling but I played Confession and never solo'd.

2) STR or Wounds. WS will come into play at 50+ as it is a secondary attribute and you need it after you amass minimal amount of STR. But 'minimal' comes with Conq set I would say... There is plenty of theorycraft about WS or STR and in a nutshell - at 40 lvl WS is better when your target's armor is 2000+. But this is a long term perspective, so - STR or Wounds while levelling.

3) Parry rocks. Train it with renown. Take respective tactic(s) if you have extra slot(s).

4) No, my playstyle is not about duels. I am like Bronn - I prefer castles.

5) Riposte at times when I had slots during leveling. Once hit 40 I always have Brute Force, Flanking, Fanatical Cleansing. Tactic 4 is always experimental - Riposte, Righteous Steel etc. I like Seeker's Triumph too - do not overlook Seeker's Blade. A very powerful UNDEFENDABLE ability.

My current build at 40/50+ is pretty standard:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mt=4395&t=

My WH guide I wrote ages ago:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=19492
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

MMXX43

Post#14 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:45 am

When will it be okish to drop brute force on wh ?

Wdova

Post#15 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:21 am

MMXX43 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:45 am When will it be okish to drop brute force on wh ?
Probably when You have strenght around 1000-1050 with pot, but I gues that require hard set mixing.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Deifact

Post#16 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:33 am

Is Protection from Heresy any good for survivability? It seems cool in theory but maybe too weak for what is essentially on a 30 second cool down tactic

abezverkhiy

Post#17 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:36 am

Deifact wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:33 am Is Protection from Heresy any good for survivability? It seems cool in theory but maybe too weak for what is essentially on a 30 second cool down tactic
It is only good in dueling and small scale fights. In rvr it is utter rubbish.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354