Recent Topics

Ads

[KotBS] Help needed by a returned player

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ariakan43

[KotBS] Help needed by a returned player

Post#1 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:09 am

Greetings my friends,

First of all i wish to tell you how happy i am for coming back to the game i love after almost a decade.Also thank you all for being such a helpfull community.

I play a KotBS and i was searching for some guides but evel all were old or they were for high RR players.

If you are kind enough i want you to help me and answer me to the following questions.

1. What build should i follow for leveling till lvl 40. I play with 1H+Shield but i would love also an alternative for 2H too.
2. What are my stat priorities as a tank and what as DPS.
3. I would love a build for 1H+Shield and 2H for Scenarios,ORvR and Solo for after i become lvl 40 and RR 40 and above.
4. Is PvE gear any worthy?
5. What renown tactics should i use for every build i asked above and what renown tacts and Morales
6. Any tips or advices that you wish to share.

Please use simple terminology since i still have no idea about the class.

Thank you in advance
I know i am asking a lot of things but i am looking forward for your answers and help.
John

Ads
pavoht

Re: [KotBS] Help needed by a returned player

Post#2 » Mon May 04, 2020 9:55 am

1. What build should i follow for leveling till lvl 40. I play with 1H+Shield but i would love also an alternative for 2H too.

Depend on how you level up. Through ORvR stick to SnB. 2h is viable only AT LEAST lvl 40 for Arcing Swing + the wounds debuff, but you'll implode because you'll be undergear and without a shield. For skill tree, take Focus Mending in first place, and that's pretty much it. For the rest, you can take the KD and Dirty Tricks in the Vigilance path. Runefang is also usefull to easily be at 0% crit while leveling. Coordination in Vigilance path too is usefull for the 15% parry.

What are my stat priorities as a tank and what as DPS.

You can't DPS. I don't tell you this with animosity, don't get me wrong. But you just can't DPS. Your kit don't allow you to even just try to DPS. Raw damage of your spells are too low, scaling is too small, you'll lack in weapon skill, and even if you go really fuuuull dps you'll gain some damages but you'll sacrify all your tankiness. That's useless. BUT. You can play 2h as well, that's not the issue. 2h is very usefull and fun, but geared as tanky 2h, not dps 2h. You'll tank well, you'll put some more damages, you'll bring to the table some usefull things like wounds debuff, and, mostly, A BIG SWOOORD. You need to understand that, as tank, 2h is viable but its an other way to tanking, not a new way to dps.

I would love a build for 1H+Shield and 2H for Scenarios,ORvR and Solo for after i become lvl 40 and RR 40 and above.

There isn't a specific build, there is mostly some mandatory things to take in SnB or in 2h, but you are free for the rest. SnB : Focus Mending, Dirty Tricks, Now's our Chance, Vigilance, Smashing Counter.

In 2h : Arcing Swing crits debuff, Focus mending (opt), Silence Through, To Glory (opt), Now's our Chance, Heaven's Fury,

4. Is PvE gear any worthy?

Yeah, but PvE gear is mostly dps stats. To start, I strongly recommand you to farm the Ruin Set (set lvl 35), its an excellent set to start SnB at 40, give tons of armor and tons of block chance. Beastlord set is also a good starting offensive set.

5. What renown tactics should i use for every build i asked above and what renown tacts and Morales

SnB : Block chance > Crit resist > Parry > Disrupt/wounds

2h : Crit resist > Parry > Wounds > Disrupt

For tactics : Rugged, Focus Mending, Slice through, Banish Darkness, Gilded Shield, Coordination, Runefang, overpowering swing, pick what is needed on the situation.
SnB : Rugged, Focus Mending, Gilded Shield, Coordination for example.
2h : Slice through, Runefang, Rugged, Overpowering swing for example.

For Morale :

SnB : Rank 1 = Barrier, Rank 2 = Shield Wall, Rank 3 = No Escape, rank 4 = base morale or Solare Flare if you take it
2h : Rank 1 = Barrier, Rank 2 = Distracting Blow (or Emperor's Champion if you play in sc or small scale maybe, the wounds buff is like a heal, quite usefull), Rank 3 = No Escape, Rank 4 = base morale or Solare Flare if you take it

Ariakan43

Post#3 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:01 am

Thanks for the amazing answer!!!i appreciate it....can you post me a build here for SnB and 2H,with renown tacts and morales so i can practice? if you have the time i mean.

pavoht

Post#4 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:30 am

SnB, something like this at 40RR40 : https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3069,3099

2H at 40RR40, something like this : https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3080,3094

on 2H, depend on the content, you can switch Slice Through for Banish Darknes.

Ariakan43

Post#5 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:39 am

Thank you my friend,and one last question.....whats my stat priority with SnB and whats my stats priority with 2H

pavoht

Post#6 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:44 am

SnB at 40 : Aim to 650 toughness, 4000 armor, 9k HP, 25% block chance, 20% parry/disrupt. Something like this. Without buff and pots.

For 2H, dunno exactly. But bit of strength and WS, but still 600 thoughness mini I guess, 8k HP, 3800 armor~, 25% parry, something like this.

Ariakan43

Post#7 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:19 pm

So the prio is for SnB : Toughness, Wounds,Weapon SKill
And for 2h is Toughness, Weapon Skill, Str, Wounds

pavoht

Post#8 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:33 pm

There isn't any stats prio, because that depends on your current gear, talis and so on. As SnB for example, you need to aim to minimum cap that I tell you. Use your gear, talis and Renown Abilities to reach these stats.

This isn't an exact science, because some argue that wounds is the best stat for a tank because that mitigate everything, some will tell you that armor is a prio stats, ...

I think that while you level up, Wounds > All. When you reach 40, just try to get all stat that I tell you.

For SnB, with a ruin set + armor / wounds talis + renown abilities in block/crit/parry, you'll reach this.

Ads