Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Ranked solo

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
sighy

Re: [WH] Ranked solo

Post#11 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:42 pm

Stelien wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:57 am
Spoiler:
sighy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:46 am
Wdova wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:12 am

Sadly its just like that. Pretty nice sum.

Starting to regret I havent rerolled to WL insted of trying to improve my old WH. No statement from devs if anything going to happen to WH/WE in (near) future neighter.
WH is overshined even in 6 man by slayer,WL and aSW. In warband play they are overshined by Slayer and WL too. Are they just doomed to solo roam forever and solo(Pug) cities and forts?
TLDR from another thread to save you time.
They are not planning anythign any time soon and even once they get to it the buff will probably revolve around them drastically overestimating the value of stealth, as an unique mechanic only the pairing has. Probably not fixing any of the real issues, because of that...
Yeah, i realized that devs don't have real understanding of balance issues in this version of the game, or even class knowledge, which is fine as you cant expect them to have played and understood all the details which make one class, but they easily dismiss any complaints or suggestions (my perception of it) and arguments are usually very generalized and weak. I don't expect them to waste too much time on reworking classes but they could tweak numbers easily i guess (as they did for mara). Anyway as a competitive player in all games i couldn't stand the imbalances in game so i quit after reaching 80 on my WH (my main). I still think this game is among the best mmorpgs out there, even better than most which you have to pay for.
They do put a lot of work into it and i believe that their intentions are good, but i think it's fair to say that sometimes they don't entirely think through the impact of the changes they make and then it becomes a bother. Fundamental problem for WE/WH is that the pairing doesn't feel like it's in a game designed to accomodate their nishe, even if you like the idea of the class.

Ads
Elemint

Post#12 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:43 pm

Issue with WH is that all of his kit (besides bullets, which are weaker than kisses) is physical, and there is simply not enough weaponskill on the gearsets, so you'd struggle to even reach 50% arpen (700WS). This leaves only 2 options: pair with a WL for the armor debuff, or a SW which will bring a healdebuff so you can go arpen tactic. Even so, you would get better results by combining the 2, since they have the same damage and utility, while having much more armor and mobility. Sure, you have a spammable armor ignoring attack, but in this game if you're snared even a keyboard turning backpedaler can keep you in their frontal cone. So yeah, i like the class too, but it's definitely the weakest out of all mdps in the game

xscottx9

Post#13 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:21 pm

i think they use Math. I dont think they play a "white Lion" and go, OMG .. tone down that crit larry.

velenne

Post#14 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:31 pm

You're absolutely correct that you'd be better off rolling another class. Like you, I'm a 70rr WH and I tried really hard to seek out the best advice from people who knew how to play the class, contribute as much as possible with the toolset given to me and while I see the potential for greatness in the toolset of the class, it's just... well it's just hot garbage right now. There's nothing, literally nothing, that WH does that isn't done better by another class. Oh and you're in light armor which is hilarious.

I rolled a SW and am continually amazed at how much easier the game is. Reroll and don't look back until WH's get a balance pass.

tommydgun

Post#15 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:49 pm

the thing that always cracks me up is how characters in heavier armor are doing more single target dps and that is supposed to be what we do - single target dps. because we all know it isn't our identity to provide useful aoe dps for warband / group play so we won't fix that. but the ONE thing we should excel in is single target dps and we don't even do more than a WL, slayer, marauder, or choppa. it is comical. i just jumped a WL from stealth in a scenario moments ago and he turned immediately knocked me down and i was dead before standing. as a WE i have to ramp up to 5 blood lust to pop my witchbrew and then maybe i can see about doing some burst. but yeah guys WE/WH should be top tier single target dps... except we aren't.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#16 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:32 pm

The only time I play my 81rr WH is pug city. Not even worth playing in there either.

The WH (and WE) needs the WS from gear and Crit bonuses from gear and talismans of live in order to be competitive. That is what the class was designed around, not confession tree dragon gun and needing an armpen tactic, and parry bonus.

But these devs have moved the game too far away from what it was designed as. So the WH/WE are casualties of that move. And I do not think the devs care one bit about it. They are happy to sacrifice 2 classes they never cared about.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Atropik

Post#17 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:35 pm

Elemint wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:43 pm Issue with WH is that all of his kit (besides bullets, which are weaker than kisses) is physical, and there is simply not enough weaponskill on the gearsets, so you'd struggle to even reach 50% arpen (700WS). This leaves only 2 options: pair with a WL for the armor debuff, or a SW which will bring a healdebuff so you can go arpen tactic. Even so, you would get better results by combining the 2, since they have the same damage and utility, while having much more armor and mobility. Sure, you have a spammable armor ignoring attack, but in this game if you're snared even a keyboard turning backpedaler can keep you in their frontal cone. So yeah, i like the class too, but it's definitely the weakest out of all mdps in the game
Once upon a time i asked devs to revert PA to as it was on life before 1.2.
From what i see it should be reverted and mirrored for the WH aswell, this could solve struggling with WS, and Repel Blasphemy should become a core ability for both classes.

But... Ive been told its too much to be asked xd
Nicelook | Obey

tommydgun

Post#18 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:47 pm

Repel Blasphemy for both classes? sounds great, but WE can only dream of repel blasphemy lol...

Ads
Atropik

Post#19 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:04 pm

I do not value RB that much. Besides/ they mirrored OyK, arent they? xd
Nicelook | Obey