Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] As a 55rr WH, I feel useless in RvR

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
velenne

Re: [WH] As a 55rr WH, I feel useless in RvR

Post#11 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:05 pm

So, in summary:

"Play with others" : Yes, that's something every class can do. Getting a guard, picking lone targets, any class can do that. WH isn't special.

"Play solo": Same as above. It's clear from people who say that WH is "designed to be solo", that they've never played WH. 30 seconds of stealth with zero immunities scarcely even qualifies as stealth, especially when other players can still see you half the time!!

"You picked the wrong class. Play another class to actually have fun": Well that's a coward's way out. If people aren't made aware that the class doesn't do what it's supposed to do, they can't change it.

So here I am, trying to make people aware in the meager hopes that something, anything, can be done.

The class does not work as advertised. A lightly armored MDPS with no built-in knockdowns, one snare/root break, and few built-in debuffs is without question worse than all the other MDPS classes.

Ads
Wam

Post#12 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:14 pm

velenne wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:47 am Everything I can do, other classes do better. I have one thing: stealth,
you also have a hat :lol: :twisted:
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

mickeye

Post#13 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:19 pm

Some if this is true, but most of it is not. WH is nowhere near that bad as people tend to say.

Bear in mind every mDPS in this game need gear to start doing noticeable damage. If you now reroll to WL, and start RvRing as CR16you’ll hit t4, you will hit the wall again. Hard.

Your damage will go up eventually as you progress your gear so I suggest stay on the class if you like it and if you really do like RvR, join some RvR guild, which can help you not only with gearing but also with your gameplay.
Fionne WL | Burlok > Karak Eight Peaks > Eltharion > Karak Azgal > Karak Norn

Starx

Post#14 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:36 pm

velenne wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:47 am Since cr16 I've done everything in my power to be useful in RvR. To my warbands. It's just...

Everything I can do, other classes do better. I have one thing: stealth, and it's only good for 30s before I'm revealed and likely die a meaningless death. Yes, I can scout, but there's no reward for that, not even in the minds of my warbands or their leaders.

I'm specc'd for Dragon Gun to pump/dump morale, and Punish the False to debuff healing on our target. My damage numbers are trash compared to slayers and white lions, just absolute garbage... like 10%. Now I realize I'm helping them do more damage, but do they realize it? I don't think they do. In fact, I know they don't. They just want more damage.

And I die so fast!! Whoever thought of putting a MDPS in light armor must have found that HILARIOUS.

Just ranting here, I guess. I wish I could be useful in RvR.
MDPS kinda just SUCK in general in RvR, unless you are in a very good group with 2 good healers and a tank + probably voice comms, so your bad experiences on WH probably would have been just as bad on a top tier class like WL assuming you are just pugging in open parties.

Now 24v24 is another story, there isn't absolutely insane amounts of damage coming out of 200+ ppl sitting on walls or behind a choke point and mdps can actually breathe, and yes this is city... and WH is probably the worst DPS class for it. It's not that WH is godawful, its there are just as many dps slots and tanks/healers but you are competing against twice the amount of classes... and to make this exponentially worse DPS is regardless overpopulated. That means spots are competitive. A class I main on destro magus, in the right hands is going to do about 75% of the damage of sorc, that 25% less dmg on average is enough for absolutely NO ONE to want them in warbands.

6man/sc WH isn't terrible it's just the "worst" mdps choice. Double slayer or slayer + WL is just disgustingly good, and ASW+WL is same story.

I'd say just reroll, but I know how awful it is to level up a new character esp now after the tourists left. If you like the class just stick with it, get the gear try your best and maybe one day WH will get some love.

velenne

Post#15 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:38 pm

mickeye wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:19 pm Some if this is true, but most of it is not. WH is nowhere near that bad as people tend to say.

Bear in mind every mDPS in this game need gear to start doing noticeable damage. If you now reroll to WL, and start RvRing as CR16you’ll hit t4, you will hit the wall again. Hard.

Your damage will go up eventually as you progress your gear so I suggest stay on the class if you like it and if you really do like RvR, join some RvR guild, which can help you not only with gearing but also with your gameplay.
Did exactly that, actually. I noticed a tiny dps/survivability bump when I got full Conq+Defensive Genesis, but it's still nowhere near enough. WH has no role in RvR that isn't better performed by another class. It's not the damage itself, it's the kit that's lacking.

Zxul

Post#16 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:54 pm

Your best bet is probably antihealer spec with inc+outgoing heal debuff (Blessed Bullets of Confession+Punish the False), for a total -75% healing. That + say wl or asw for burst, and you got a very effective setup to burst healers.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

flatfoot1987

Post#17 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:49 pm

Got a rather fresh rr45 WH and WL around the same RR. The amount of firepower the WL has makes it pointless to stick to the WH unless you're really into the looks/lore.

I've played a live WH version only briefly, it also felt lacking in some departments at that point. But one thing justified it all - burst was high, time to kill a target was low. You're squishy but you kill things rapidly. That seemed fair.
Last edited by flatfoot1987 on Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

velenne

Post#18 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:06 pm

flatfoot1987 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:49 pm I've played a live WH version only briefly, it also felt lacking in some departments at that point. But one thing justified it all - burst was high, time to kill a target was low. You're squishy but you kill things rapidly. That seemed fair.
That is no longer the case, I assure you.

Ads
flatfoot1987

Post#19 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:22 pm

Yeah that's obvious. I was actually pushing my WH forward hoping there are some dev plans for both WH and WE in forseeable future. But Wargrimnir just replied in other topic that there's nothing planned for both of these. So unless you enjoy it as it is, I suggest rolling something else
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

velenne

Post#20 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:28 pm

I'm hoping to convince them to change their plans. I have lots of ideas if they're open to ideas, but if they're not I won't waste my time. I'm sure there are many other WH's who have been playing far longer than I have who could chime in as well.

I really hate the "well you have to have better gear to start having fun" argument from others (not you, but I see it everywhere). The answer to a fun class should be built in to the kit, not having the best stats.