Recent Topics

Ads

[Warrior Priest] Polyvalent healer

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
reistahlen

[Warrior Priest] Polyvalent healer

Post#1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:20 pm

Hello everyone.

I've got my eyes on building a Warrior Priest who can smash faces and still be a decent healer, a Battle Chaplain sort of, and I'm looking for some advice.

First of all: I don't want to be OP. I don't want to play what's the best right now. I already know the best healing spec for WP is going book and Salvation. What I want is being useful to my teammates, heal, but be able to retaliate if attacked and not flee while flailing my arms. Even if it's not optimal, it's the build I want to play. I don't care IF it works, I just wanna know HOW to make it workable.

Here's the build I thought: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4153,4170

The idea behind this: Willpower scales poorly, so not having Willpower to heal is not a big whoop. I voluntarily didn't take Divine Fury, because I am still a healer: no tank would take the Focused Offense tactic, because even if they go DPS they are still tank. Same idea here: I go DPS because I heal with that, but I'm also going to heal with Salvation heals if necessary. The loss of healing through DPS will be compensated by actual standard healing.

How I see this work: in big fight stay in the back and do classic Salvation healing. When aggroed or if the fight turns to a charge, enter the fray and smash faces and assist DPS while healing with Grace healing, while keeping Salvation Group Hot up to help AoE Grace healing.

So my question here is: how can I make this work? Is the Mastery choice good for what I intend to do? Which set should I aim for, which Talisman should I use (Armor? Wounds? Strenght?), which Renown Abilities (Futile Strikes, and then?)

Sorry if the beginning of my request sounded a bit harsh, but I know a lot of people like to shoehorn to a specific class/spec, and I want to avoid that kind of reply on this post.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time :)

Ads
Rydiak

Re: [Warrior Priest] Polyvalent healer

Post#2 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:21 pm

Read the Grace Guide found in the link in my signature. You are describing the "hybrid Grace" build here.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Zxul

Post#3 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:32 pm

Regular healing abilities buffs (Exalted defenses) have no effects on lifetap heals, and the other way around.

Also, will might not scale too good, but 160 will is still enough to add lot of healing, which you will be missing.

Also, which armor set are you planning to use- heal or dps? Cause heal= low dmg= low lifetap heals, and the other way around.

Also, in any sort of mass rvr you will be focused by ranged then focused again, with likely no targets nearby except tanks to heal off, no real mitigation, and no guard (since tank will be busy guarding the mdps, if you will even have one in pug- and as melee heal wp you likely won't be invited to organized wbs).
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

reistahlen

Post#4 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:34 pm

Rydiak wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:21 pm Read the Grace Guide found in the link in my signature. You are describing the "hybrid Grace" build here.
Wow, that's splendid! Excellent guide, sorry I missed it, it completely answers my queries!

A big thank you :)

reistahlen

Post#5 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:51 pm

Zxul wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:32 pm Regular healing abilities buffs (Exalted defenses) have no effects on lifetap heals, and the other way around.

Also, will might not scale too good, but 160 will is still enough to add lot of healing, which you will be missing.

Also, which armor set are you planning to use- heal or dps? Cause heal= low dmg= low lifetap heals, and the other way around.

Also, in any sort of mass rvr you will be focused by ranged then focused again, with likely no targets nearby except tanks to heal off, no real mitigation, and no guard (since tank will be busy guarding the mdps, if you will even have one in pug- and as melee heal wp you likely won't be invited to organized wbs).
Following your advice, if Exalted Defenses doesn't work with lifetap, I can swap then with Discipline, if the +160 is indeed a big change.

I absolutely don't know what gear to wear. Strenght gear obviously, but I don't know how to mix them, what jewelry to use...

I''ll be honest, I don't know a lot of the endgame. I've got a good grasp of the "basics" of RoR, but it ends at endgame gear, mixing sets, etc... Hence, my request.

Thanks a lot for your infos, I didn't know ED wouldn't work on lifetap, would have been a waste of tactic :)

Zxul

Post#6 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:41 pm

reistahlen wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:51 pm
Zxul wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:32 pm Regular healing abilities buffs (Exalted defenses) have no effects on lifetap heals, and the other way around.

Following your advice, if Exalted Defenses doesn't work with lifetap, I can swap then with Discipline, if the +160 is indeed a big change.

I absolutely don't know what gear to wear. Strenght gear obviously, but I don't know how to mix them, what jewelry to use...

I''ll be honest, I don't know a lot of the endgame. I've got a good grasp of the "basics" of RoR, but it ends at endgame gear, mixing sets, etc... Hence, my request.

Thanks a lot for your infos, I didn't know ED wouldn't work on lifetap, would have been a waste of tactic :)
On my dok I like to dps while still having heals, here is the post I made about my spec a year or so ago.

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=33084

Still, in wb I go full chalice healing, and if I expect needing heavy healing I switch to healing tactics as well. Melee healing only works in small scale.

As for gear, what I found to work the best is defensive gear, personally going for full anticrit/toughness. A time using a mix of 4 invader/3 sentinel (3 sentinel gives 80ish toughness/70ish init, worth the will tradeoff even in city full heal spec).

Edit: one advantage which lifetap heals have is that they aren't effected by heal debuffs, still doesn't helps much in mass rvr since the second you get to frontlines you will be focused by lot and lot of other side rdps.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh