Recent Topics

Ads

Best method of gearing for a newly 40 KotBS?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Machiara

Best method of gearing for a newly 40 KotBS?

Post#1 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:14 pm

My KotBS is in his late 30s and should be hitting 40 soon. Once that happens, what's the best approach for gearing up so that I make him at least kind of competitive? From everything I'm hearing the gear differential once he hits 40 will make him nigh useless until he's able to get geared? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!

Ads
mytreds

Re: Best method of gearing for a newly 40 KotBS?

Post#2 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:35 am

You’re not nigh useless. Kotbs job is to give auras, guard and hold the line.

Gear wise, you can buy conqueror gloves and boots. Earn the rest by doing orvr, getting pieces in gold bags, and your subjugator weapons in purple bags.

Also, start doing dungeons, get gunbad going so you can unlock sentinel gear. Nightless is the best 2h sword. Use Dawn, a T4 epic quest reward, until then. Also start doing scenarios to earn tokens to get your scenario shield.

Charon

Post#3 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:02 am

Gunbad
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Akilinus

Post#4 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:18 am

Ruin from t4 pqs is a good start for snb.
Once you got ruin you can start looking to do beastlord this should be enough to start doing rvr/scs without feeling way too weak.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Biro123

Post#5 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:17 pm

I'm a fresh 40, and you can definitely be competitive.

I'm sure there are other routes, but I got winds impervious, bought the 2 conq pieces (still mixed with anni at the mo) - but just made sure to slot enough defensive tali's and specced for defence.

KOTBS doesn't need to do damage to be useful (it helps, but isn't *necessary*) but you do need to be able to survive, guard, buff and cc.

So long as you have 700+ toughness and 0% crit chance (definitely doable), you can do your job.. While your block/parry etc. are still low, Speccing vigilance can help you stay up longer too.