Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Hunter] clarification on the state of WH

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fenris78

Re: [Witch Hunter] clarification on the state of WH

Post#81 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:45 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:53 am Could you share your build and tactics plz? Also interesting to hear more about your playstyle and experiences. Players mostly hate playing WHs.
Not the quoted player but here is mine :
RoR.builders - Witch Hunter - Dragon Gun
Renown - Sov+2

I plan to achieve 7 pcs Sov + 2 Sentinel (Jewel + Hat) + 2 Genesis, Bloodlord Sabre + Wit (Sentinel weapon). Work in progress for now but with 3 Sov + 5 Vanq I feel pretty solid, and will boost my crit chances with sentinel ring next week (hopefully).

Without +2 Sov masteries (if you want more STR or Wounds with 4 Sent + 5 Sov or 2 Sent + 2 Vanq + 5 Sov for instance) just drop pistol whip and max out Confession masteries.

The key here is to maintain pressure on enemy with chaining finishers (flowing accusations and a bit of luck), while recovering some health (Sanctified bullets are about 350-550 hp regen each time, with dragon gun its about getting back full life hitting a blob every 10s).
Use repel blasphemy and shroud of Magnus to 100% avoidances accordingly, care about shared cd between sanctified oil and SoM however. With the morale pump of dragon gun you can achieve a nice Repel Blasphemy + M1 for a total of 12s 100% parry.
With the right timing you can litterally be impervious to any damage for 5-7s, taking your charge/heroical action then autobumping you our of safety, effectively allowing you to be frontliner (even better with proper support of course), and winning almost every 1v1.

I strongly advice the use of Aura addon to quickly see magic spells like Sorc sequences and debuff, Magus magic res debuffs, and your Repel Blasphemy/M1/Shroud timers to disengage at the right time. Also displaying bothersome enemy morals like 100% block, confusing movements and tanks M4 is needed to not waste your attacks (wich need to hit/damage to trigger procs and tactics).

Some feedback against opponents (in 1v1 fights) :
Ranged SH will cause you trouble if they get you from range, so maxing out your dodge chances (and going faster to M1 thanks to dragon gun) are crucial.
Good WEs will depop you no matter what if they got their opener on you, but failing that with hp recovery and 100% parry you should mincemeat most of them if played right.
Deftards tanks will always be a problem since high block/parry, but you can out-damage them in the long run if they are solo.
Shamans are usually tough nuts to crack, be aware that against dps ones you will not be able to both be immune to their spells AND catch them if they decide to bump you and flee (shared cd between your two relics).
Be careful against maras that can outdamage you (brutality) or ignore your arpen (Monstro).
Sorc and maguses are basically free renown, while choppas can pull back a good fight, and zealots need a good constant shatter blessing to be dealt with.
Healing DoKs are nearly impossible to kill solo, and forget about DPS DoKs, they will usually win the encounter thanks to their healdebuff immunity... You can try to pick a fight against lower level ones, but even Sanctified bullets could not rival their lifetaps.

A note on ST builds that every other WH seems to run :
While I'm not against the burst they provide (being Exit Wounds or Burn Away Lies), I feel they are pidgeon-holing you into one role (solo roamer) without getting the fullest of your class, while you can achieve great burst and win most of your 1v1 fights running defensive/AoE build with dragon gun alone.
Dont forget this simple skill can AoE debuff while bringing you much hp back, with a ranged kd every 10s (even better 5s with a SM and WW), and a group moral pump/AoE drain to get to M1 under 10s.

With my kind of build you will feel far more useful in warband settings (including City, yes, dont forget AoE healdebuff too), both for your party with moral pump, or even running frontline as a solo without fearing for your life (while getting the enemy mad at you too :p), at least for the first 5-7s of the fight. :p

More options to deal with your opponents and various situations, you survive longer meaning you'll kill more often.

Ads
Bowldancer

Post#82 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:03 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:45 pm ...
Thank you for the effort to give your extensive input. I will give that one a testrun.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Hulgore
Suspended

Post#83 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:38 pm

Thank you guys for your answers, I'm going to persevere and find out what's waiting for me with higher gear

Rumpel

Post#84 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:28 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:53 am With the morale pump of dragon gun you can achieve a nice Repel Blasphemy + M1 for a total of 12s 100% parry.
None here think thats some kind of over performing? Specially Repel Blasphemy?
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

abezverkhiy

Post#85 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:54 pm

Rumpel wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:28 pm
abezverkhiy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:53 am With the morale pump of dragon gun you can achieve a nice Repel Blasphemy + M1 for a total of 12s 100% parry.
If this question is is coming from a WE having access to a Corporeal damage spec and better burst in general then my answer would be NO
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Rumpel

Post#86 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:47 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:54 pm
If this question is is coming from a WE having access to a Corporeal damage spec and better burst in general then my answer would be NO
In that comparison, shouldn't get RB even more some kind of cut like WE got with it's internal cooldowns on proccs?

Like 30% parry with an 15sec cooldown? I mean, RB Is at least doing damage. Its not even a simple selfbuff.

But ok, i will stop here. Wrong place.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Skoll888

Post#87 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:51 am

what uses the super high burst(what isn't even true) if your opponent have 100% parry for 12sec?
devs should make Sever Blessing undefendable to have a conter for tis :)

abezverkhiy

Post#88 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:05 am

Look guys, I see where you are coming from and you have your truth and your reasons. So do I.

With this in mind we will continue our arguments on a battlefield not forums:-)
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
Likeaboss

Post#89 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:14 am

Rumpel wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:47 am

In that comparison, shouldn't get RB even more some kind of cut like WE got with it's internal cooldowns on proccs?

Like 30% parry with an 15sec cooldown? I mean, RB Is at least doing damage. Its not even a simple selfbuff.

But ok, i will stop here. Wrong place.
12s 100% parry is good, specially in PvE, but what do you expect in RvR?

I can tell you how the fights against competitive enemies goes...

-Melee's charge away for some seconds when you active parry moral or RB
-Choosen uses Cleave, ignoring your parry anyway
-Other tanks root you
-heals & rangedps dont hit into your parry
-Melee SH charges, kicks himself, charge again

I really don't know where you find these enemies beating in your parry until they are dead.

Actually Running without RB... It causes the opponent to flee until the parry runs out,
That makes the fight longer, and in general you cant afford that... In and out max. 15s

There is always a warband arround the next corner

And dont think there is something like Honor on one or the other side.
When you fight 1v2 already and a WB sees you, they wanna get you
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#90 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:33 am

my WH is rr73 now and from my experience it started to be fun at around rr60 when i got vanquisher and subjugator stuff. before that WH was really a pain to play, you are basicly just sticking the zerg, do a little dmg here and there and hope for some loot bags.