Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Hunter] clarification on the state of WH

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zymer

Re: [Witch Hunter] clarification on the state of WH

Post#51 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:09 pm

WH is an incredibly fun class, if you play it the way it’s supposed to be played. You are not a frontline fighter, and based on the devs input, it never will be.

I don’t like cities. Boring content, so WH really works out for me. I like being able to stealth and choose my fights, and I can do that in oRvR and SCs to an extent. I also like that I never have trouble getting to a keep to defend or attack. Other classes I miss most of the keep fights if I join late or die in a weird spot just because destro has so many roamers killing people trying to get to the keeps and forts (Echo and his WE cult always out there).

It may not be for everyone, but it’s the most enjoyable class I’ve played. WE could be fun too, but I don’t like the aesthetics of the class.

Ads
Zxul

Post#52 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Koha wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:52 pm
Zxul wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:41 pm
Vandoles wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:05 pm
Spoiler:
WE isn't "stronger" than a WH, it just has options, WH has a lot fewer. Those defensive builds with withcbrew, self-heal builds, regen builds - they let you do stuff a WH can't. Maybe a WH hits harder, but that's all it does. That's why its usually considered 24th out of 24 classes and WE is maybe 23rd.
Like I mentioned, wh does has a regen spec, and I did run into whs using it.

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=39590
I still have to try it, but I feel it will lack resistance and damage compared to the WE version : less bubbles and less damage.
If you saw some WH running it how did it look ?
Actually it does works very well, you can argue about bubbles (bubble on being crit vs bubble every 3 sec), however with a Bullet going off in 3/4 or so of GCDs it provides lot of healing. +Absolution spam, combined with constant 50% armor ignore and Bullet spam, is very nice to make use of the sustain to take out tanky targets (Bullets ignore toughness mitigation).

From personal experience, running on dok into unteamed wh in this spec + ib, I switched to attacking the ib since he was taking more dmg (when accounting for wh's self healing).
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Lyability

Post#53 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:38 pm

Damnit. I'm just starting out with an IB main, a WH secondary and a melee WP on reserve. Why do the non-meta classes interest me? I'm gonna keep chugging, at least I know what I'm getting into now.

Krima

Post#54 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Vandoles wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:05 pm
Spoiler:
WE isn't "stronger" than a WH, it just has options, WH has a lot fewer. Those defensive builds with withcbrew, self-heal builds, regen builds - they let you do stuff a WH can't. Maybe a WH hits harder, but that's all it does. That's why its usually considered 24th out of 24 classes and WE is maybe 23rd.

I still have to try it, but I feel it will lack resistance and damage compared to the WE version : less bubbles and less damage.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkVfkBw2cTw[/youtube]

Flowing acussations + Sanctified Bullets looks pretty good. WEs regen build used to be good before ICD on kisses.

Truth is: old Riposte builds messed up the brain of WH players..
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Rumpel

Post#55 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:10 pm

Zymer wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:09 pm WH is an incredibly fun class, if you play it the way it’s supposed to be played. You are not a frontline fighter, and based on the devs input, it never will be.

I don’t like cities. Boring content, so WH really works out for me. I like being able to stealth and choose my fights, and I can do that in oRvR and SCs to an extent. I also like that I never have trouble getting to a keep to defend or attack. Other classes I miss most of the keep fights if I join late or die in a weird spot just because destro has so many roamers killing people trying to get to the keeps and forts (Echo and his WE cult always out there).

It may not be for everyone, but it’s the most enjoyable class I’ve played. WE could be fun too, but I don’t like the aesthetics of the class.
That's except the fun also as WE.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Zxul

Post#56 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:58 pm

Krima wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Flowing acussations + Sanctified Bullets looks pretty good. WEs regen build used to be good before ICD on kisses.

One of the wh's which posted in Bullets thread. Been waiting to catch him alone on my dok for sometime :P
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Koha

Post#57 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:45 pm

Krima wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:13 pm
Spoiler:

That is very true.
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

bossabe

Post#58 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:46 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:44 pm Ignore the haters, they just want WH to be a token AOE spammer in cities. If you enjoy the stealth/ganking playstyle, this is the class for you. If you're a top tier player, your personal skill will outweigh your choice of class in the super meta warbands during end game content. Otherwise, there's all the other warbands who just need a melee class and don't care either way.
stealth ?.. You guys gave WH a real stealth , now ?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#59 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:00 am

bossabe wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:46 am
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:44 pm Ignore the haters, they just want WH to be a token AOE spammer in cities. If you enjoy the stealth/ganking playstyle, this is the class for you. If you're a top tier player, your personal skill will outweigh your choice of class in the super meta warbands during end game content. Otherwise, there's all the other warbands who just need a melee class and don't care either way.
What?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

bossabe

Post#60 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:39 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:00 am
bossabe wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:46 am
What?
you know what :)...But since you are asking... Can we stealth now without losing action point by the seconds ?