Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Hunter] clarification on the state of WH

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
KissShot

Re: [Witch Hunter] clarification on the state of WH

Post#11 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:23 pm

The more positive comments above are good. Another note, on the topic of cities, if you can't get an invite as WH (or WE) then make your own 6/12 man. Most Order folks seem to pug it up and feedback is it's because there aren't many building teams - start your own team and eventually you'll have a group of goodies to take into cities with you. Smaller city instances are where you can really shine (<24 mans).

Ads
Charlesmottet

Post#12 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:16 am

For the comments about Dragon Gun, would you say that DG is better for group play and maybe BAL would be stronger in smaller scale/ganking/1v1?

BAL looks so strong to me

XsorrowerX

Post#13 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:06 am

Charlesmottet wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:16 am For the comments about Dragon Gun, would you say that DG is better for group play and maybe BAL would be stronger in smaller scale/ganking/1v1?

BAL looks so strong to me
I don't know if I would say stronger. It does more damage, but the Dragon Gun build can get some good defensive cooldowns along with it. Ranged knockdown is great for catching people. Keeping your morale up and enemies down might change the tide of a fight, etc. Lot's of things factor in. But if you are looking for raw damage, then yes, BAL will be your best bet.

lordnavar

Post#14 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:33 pm

normanis wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:53 pm i suggest play dragongun build. for wh. check navar wh videos u can be good with dragongun also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIiGNwJ2Npg
My dragongun build. Its the most fun i played on WH.

Links for dragongun build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFC5aSHH0B0&t=19s

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPVdhmgZ1PE

Greywolfamakir

Post#15 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:19 pm

Hello.

I play WH, RR82, I have spent hundreds of hours playing it.

Current state of WH isn't bad. It's a good character with limitations and it's not good for all situations, but stealth let you to choose your own fights.

--Leveling (1-40)

While you are leveling, WH is really strong, you will be able to kill meles, healers, rangeds and tanks, really strong.

--Level 40 Vanquisher (rr60-rr80)

1v1 you'll be able to kill
Low-level enemies :beware with level 28-30 enemies in ORVR, they scale really strong.
Sorceres: easy target, i suggest you to pop Sigil of Sigmar right before open from stealth, it doesn't break stealth.
Magus :for well geared Magus, you need Shroud of Magnus + Vindication Tactic.
Choppas :You need Repel Blasphemy, You wont be able to kill Sovereign choppas if the player is good.
Shaman/Zealot: Really hard target, if the player is bad and poorly geared you have a chance.
Squig Herder: Ranged SH is easy target if you have Sanctified Oil + Sigil of Sigmar (pop sigil before open). Melee SH is a hard target, you can nothing against well geared/good players.
Tanks: Shield tanks are pretty tough, well geared players will destroy you. Two-Handed tanks poorly geared are killable, but well geared will destroy you easy.
Marauders: You can kill poorly medium gear maras, and bad maras on Sov (Repel Blasphemy mandatory)
Disciple of Khaine: Healer, no way, don't even try 1v1. Melee DoK poorly-medium geared and bad-regular player, you have a chance (Repel Blasphemy mandatory).
Witch Elf: It's a weird match, since Anathema/Agile Escape can't be parried, you can always run away from any 1v1 if you survive opener from WE.

--End-Game Sov/Warlord (rr80+)
You'll be able to kill almos everything 1v1, but:

Shaman/Zealot: You can kill bad-medium players on Sov, but you can't kill good players.
Tanks: Two-Handed tanks well geared are tough, really tough.
Disciple of Khaine: Healer, you can kill them. Melee DoK well geared and high skill, no way, you will get destroyed.
Witch Elf: You will be able to kill poorly geared WE if you drop BaL and get crits.

At the end you'll be able to kill a lot of targets 1v1, but WH isn't the best 1v1 character, and it is really bad for big-scale content.
White Lion and Witch Elf deal more damage single target than WH, but WH's toolkit is good (Repel Blasphemy is really strong).

Target2

Post#16 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:11 pm

Greywolfamakir wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:19 pm Hello.

I play WH, RR82, I have spent hundreds of hours playing it.

Current state of WH isn't bad. It's a good character with limitations and it's not good for all situations, but stealth let you to choose your own fights.

--Leveling (1-40)

While you are leveling, WH is really strong, you will be able to kill meles, healers, rangeds and tanks, really strong.

--Level 40 Vanquisher (rr60-rr80)

1v1 you'll be able to kill
Low-level enemies :beware with level 28-30 enemies in ORVR, they scale really strong.
Sorceres: easy target, i suggest you to pop Sigil of Sigmar right before open from stealth, it doesn't break stealth.
Magus :for well geared Magus, you need Shroud of Magnus + Vindication Tactic.
Choppas :You need Repel Blasphemy, You wont be able to kill Sovereign choppas if the player is good.
Shaman/Zealot: Really hard target, if the player is bad and poorly geared you have a chance.
Squig Herder: Ranged SH is easy target if you have Sanctified Oil + Sigil of Sigmar (pop sigil before open). Melee SH is a hard target, you can nothing against well geared/good players.
Tanks: Shield tanks are pretty tough, well geared players will destroy you. Two-Handed tanks poorly geared are killable, but well geared will destroy you easy.
Marauders: You can kill poorly medium gear maras, and bad maras on Sov (Repel Blasphemy mandatory)
Disciple of Khaine: Healer, no way, don't even try 1v1. Melee DoK poorly-medium geared and bad-regular player, you have a chance (Repel Blasphemy mandatory).
Witch Elf: It's a weird match, since Anathema/Agile Escape can't be parried, you can always run away from any 1v1 if you survive opener from WE.

--End-Game Sov/Warlord (rr80+)
You'll be able to kill almos everything 1v1, but:

Shaman/Zealot: You can kill bad-medium players on Sov, but you can't kill good players.
Tanks: Two-Handed tanks well geared are tough, really tough.
Disciple of Khaine: Healer, you can kill them. Melee DoK well geared and high skill, no way, you will get destroyed.
Witch Elf: You will be able to kill poorly geared WE if you drop BaL and get crits.

At the end you'll be able to kill a lot of targets 1v1, but WH isn't the best 1v1 character, and it is really bad for big-scale content.
White Lion and Witch Elf deal more damage single target than WH, but WH's toolkit is good (Repel Blasphemy is really strong).
That's all well and good but being decent at 1v1 is pretty worthless in the grand scheme of things. I mean you summed up it pretty well there they're bad for big scale and the one thing they should excel at which is small scale combat they're outclassed by just about every DPS in the game.

Greywolfamakir

Post#17 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:39 pm

Target2 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:11 pm That's all well and good but being decent at 1v1 is pretty worthless in the grand scheme of things. I mean you summed up it pretty well there they're bad for big scale and the one thing they should excel at which is small scale combat they're outclassed by just about every DPS in the game.
Like WH you can move in ORVR way more confortable than other classes. I know that WH/WE should be really good in 1v1, but sadly they're not, but 1v1 is not just "1v1 fights", you need to be able to move freely and choose your fights, and WH/WE can do that better than any other class.

You will kill a lot of people and you will die a lot too, but like WH you can see a full enemy WB ahead, stealth and keep moving.

I would give a lot of constructive feedback about the current state of WH, but this isn't the right place.

If you are looking for ganking and "seek and destroy" targets, WH is good, but you'll need a lot of patience.

"...the Witch Hunting is a complicated profession..." - The Mandalorian ep1 seasson 1.

Nadril21

Post#18 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:10 am

Greywolfamakir wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:39 pm
Target2 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:11 pm That's all well and good but being decent at 1v1 is pretty worthless in the grand scheme of things. I mean you summed up it pretty well there they're bad for big scale and the one thing they should excel at which is small scale combat they're outclassed by just about every DPS in the game.
Like WH you can move in ORVR way more confortable than other classes. I know that WH/WE should be really good in 1v1, but sadly they're not, but 1v1 is not just "1v1 fights", you need to be able to move freely and choose your fights, and WH/WE can do that better than any other class.

You will kill a lot of people and you will die a lot too, but like WH you can see a full enemy WB ahead, stealth and keep moving.

I would give a lot of constructive feedback about the current state of WH, but this isn't the right place.

If you are looking for ganking and "seek and destroy" targets, WH is good, but you'll need a lot of patience

This has always been, and certainly seems to be the strongest aspect of WH/WE. Roaming solo and being able to pick your fights with a solid exit plan remains the classes forte.

Learning to prepare for specific classes should help you excel when thrown into organized groups (that support you). Having to swap Bullet/Tactic combos based on specific encounters is something other classes don't need to micro manage as much. Its a fun niche class, just don't expect the support the WL/SL is gonna get in most situations.
Nadril the Witchunter YouTube
Nadrill the Wizard
Grumbler the Ironbreaker
Fancyfeet the Shadow Warrior

Ads
siglade

Post#19 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:02 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:44 pm Ignore the haters, they just want WH to be a token AOE spammer in cities. If you enjoy the stealth/ganking playstyle, this is the class for you. If you're a top tier player, your personal skill will outweigh your choice of class in the super meta warbands during end game content. Otherwise, there's all the other warbands who just need a melee class and don't care either way.
Not to be a token aoe spammer, a tool that can give a reason to be pick in cities. Maybe something that can counter insta rez ? As WH/WE in cities, we have to go on heal/rdps in backline and harass them, standing in frontline is clearly not the playstyle we should have. But again no matter how many heal we kill, they just repop 1sec after.

Taking a spot from other melee like choppa/slayer or bw/sorc to kill eventually a heal which won't impact the fight make WH/WE not desired. Tbh our side will even be penalized because you cut power in frontline to add something that doesn't bring what is supposed to be.

Tarantoga

Post#20 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:46 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:44 pm Ignore the haters, they just want WH to be a token AOE spammer in cities. If you enjoy the stealth/ganking playstyle, this is the class for you. If you're a top tier player, your personal skill will outweigh your choice of class in the super meta warbands during end game content. Otherwise, there's all the other warbands who just need a melee class and don't care either way.
the class was viable in solo and wb play before the "fix" (without beeing op in any of them, but giving some more options for wb setups). now its only viable for solo play in a mass pvp game. well ok, you can compete as a dps in cities if the other players are just bad.

no need to be a hater to point out that a well rounded class got screwed just because of people who think this class should only be single target dps