Recent Topics

Ads

How's Warrior Priest at End-game?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Parsifal

How's Warrior Priest at End-game?

Post#1 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:16 am

I'm a new warrior priest, at level 20 now, and am curious how they measure up at end-game. I have been following the "Grace Warrior Priest" guide in the new player section, since it's extremely detailed and informative.

Basically, I feel beyond weak right now, and I'm on the verge of giving up unless they get better later. I essentially feel like the worst of both worlds: I do no damage, I have no survivability, and my heals are very weak. Most dps classes can easily outheal my damage (I hit for like 75 max on players), I typically die in 3-4 hits from any tank or dps class, and my heals are only for like 100-200 when many players are at 4-5k health. If I get into melee range whatsoever I'm insta-dead, so I've mostly been sitting in the back lines and either casting my two single-target heals (which I REALLY don't like - I went for this class mainly to be an aoe healer, since I don't like the way target selecting works for single-target healing), or waiting for the enemy to push so I can use some of my buffs/aoe heals.

Does anyone have any advice or thoughts?

Ads
Diros

Re: How's Warrior Priest at End-game?

Post#2 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:42 am

It sounds like you have something askew somewhere, or maybe you're using the wrong utilities. Grace may be a little rougher in the 20's, it does quite well later on. Group comp is more of the issue I would bet though. Grace wants a melee train to hide in otherwise you just die. They will pick any WP off that's up in the front lines as they're potentially a "healer" (don't worry mDoKs get this too). If you like the play-style of grace maybe try and get some sc groups around that or maybe consider Salv and full on back-line healer. Whatever you do, avoid Wrath until 70-ish.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:16 am

WP at end game is salv healer only, unless you have a dedicated group of friends or guildies that are willing to base the entire group composition around you, in which case you can go grace. That being said, IF you can somehow convince a tank to guard you and two competent melee DPS (aka white lion and slayer, no, WH doesn't count) to assist train with you, then you have the potential to do something. Even then, you have to pick targets correctly, or you'll do zero damage and thus zero healing.

I advise you reroll white lion or slayer if you want to do DPS, and either accept the salv bookjockey back line memes if you want to heal.

RathBrand

Post#4 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:00 am

WP is a lot of fun but most max level WPs that aren't dedicated to Scenarios are probably running Salvation (ie focus on healing) at max level for RvR and Cities. WP is very tanky and can outheal a lot of damage plus dish out a lot of group and AOE heals. So it is very good to have. I know there are some very good Grace WPs out there but most who try struggle to be effective at either DPS or healing.

In the 20's, if you go Salvation, you will start to get some of your stronger abilities like:
  • Divine Light - group shield
  • Touch of the Divine - group bust heal
  • Pious Restoration - Group HOT
  • Martyr's Blessing - AOE Channel Heal
  • Cleansing Power trait - makes your cleans work for whole group
I agree if you are really wanting to do DPS, probably best to choose a pure DPS class. White Lion is good all-around melee with the main down side of being pet management (at least until you unlock the ability to go without it). Slayer is good too but tends to need some babysitting (guard from a tank and a healer keeping an eye on them) since their core mechanic causes them to take more damage.

The destro equivalent to WP is the Disciple of Kaine (DoK) which is a bit more offensive focused so that might be something else you could try. They can dual wield (2 swords). But just know that most people assume the healer classes are going to be focused on healing.

Also, a lot of classes don't really shine until they are max level and decently geared.

Gurf

Post#5 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:30 am

There can be a bit of a skewed view of some classes for new players because many of the people you are fighting may have twinked their character with talis etc and know how to get the best gear for their level. When I played WP at lower levels I stacked loads of armour talis and ended up being impossible to kill in many scenarios. Similarly if I wanted to kill something I would stack strength talis and equipment and it makes a big difference. But it is hard to do both at lower levels.

As soon as you get Pious Restoration you will start getting up the healing charts as you can just have that going at all times. Also make sure you have the aoe detaunt tactic slotted and use it all the time. So maybe learn how to play Salvation first then Grace

At end game WP is probably the best healer, or at least usually they top the healing charts in City and Scenarios. But if I was playing WP again I would learn how to play shield WP better as I stuck to heal bot Salvation back line healer, but WP can play well Grace more front line doing ok support damage while also doing good healing, especially in smaller scale.

anarchypark

Post#6 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:46 am

I think book WP need nerf.
like reducing free regen but increase melee regen when book equipped.
they're too much viable in end game.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#7 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:54 am

Best healer in game.

martholomew

Post#8 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:30 pm

If you aren't healing as a WP, you aren't wanted. Trust me on this. And people will be mean to you. If you're gonna heal, stack willpower and toughness. If you're gonna try and mdps, stack strength and toughness.
Magus 40/78

Ads
Parsifal

Post#9 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:01 pm

Thanks alot for the input everyone. I didn't realize that the "Grace" build was more dps-focused...I assumed it was the default WP build since it was the only WP guide I could find, and it was front and center on the "New Player" section. I'll try re-speccing to Salvation and stacking Willpower/toughness to see if that makes a difference. As long as salvation has aoe heals rather than single-target, I hope I'll enjoy it!

uanaka

Post#10 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:11 pm

Parsifal wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:01 pm Thanks alot for the input everyone. I didn't realize that the "Grace" build was more dps-focused...I assumed it was the default WP build since it was the only WP guide I could find, and it was front and center on the "New Player" section. I'll try re-speccing to Salvation and stacking Willpower/toughness to see if that makes a difference. As long as salvation has aoe heals rather than single-target, I hope I'll enjoy it!
I would highly recommend NOT stacking willpower/toughness as salvation. You're simply not going to get enough toughness early on to make it worthwhile, and willpower just doesn't scale nearly as well for WP. If anything, I would highly recommend stacking armor talis first. Maybe once you get a better feel for the playstyle you can stack willpower, but it's just not going to make as much of a difference early on.