Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] 2H viability

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Target2

[WP] 2H viability

Post#1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:21 pm

I know this was buffed like a month ago but I don't see anybody playing it.
Is it even a little bit viable? The only thing I would want to play it in is ranked can it put up decent single target damage?

Ads
abezverkhiy

Re: [WP] 2H viability

Post#2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:21 pm

Man you gotta have nerves of steel to bring 2h wp into ranked. Be prepared for kids to whinge, I hear it in orvr and in ranked things will be much worse for you!

OK, 2h... I do not think it is our job to dps real hard and abandon healing so my WP does have 2h and keeps on healing. Gear is 50/50 heal/damage. Good thing is that Willpower scales badly with heals so my heals did not suffer much when I swapped some Wp for Str. As a healer I now need to watch my RF carefully and use Smite and Supplication often. But this is manageable.

Speaking of damage - key sources of damage for me is Soulfire and prayer, I don't go too deep into Wrath to take Hammer of Sigmar, not enough points, I still need Martyr's Blessing for rvr. You can drop it and go for HoS since you are talking about scens only. What I like about these two skills (Soulfire and the prayer) is that they do not require targeting to produce damage and I do not need to approach targets closely to hit them. And both produce respectable damage and this damage is Spiritual instead of physical.

So yeah, it is alright. Requires a bit of adjusting but biggest challenge would be to stay calm and ignore wannabes who would be pointing at '2h is not viable'.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Mystry
Suspended

Re: [WP] 2H viability

Post#3 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:29 am

Target2 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:21 pm Is it even a little bit viable?
Short answer: No.

Long answer: No, because Wrath has 1/4th the damage of an actual DPS class, no burst outside of an execute against someone under 50% life (which does laughable damage for an execute), no gap closer worth anything, doesn't have the crutch free 10% extra parry that DoK has from dual wielding (2h strikethrough is worthless by comparison, let's just be honest here), and has absolutely zero appreciable aoe. Key word being appreciable. And above all that, it's not viable because there was only one dev who ever gave even half a **** about wrath WP, and that dev is now gone.