Recent Topics

Ads

2H kobts

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dinotron

Re: 2H kobts

Post#11 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:36 pm

Instead of turning this into a petty argument that lasts multiple pages and achieves nothing, maybe @Muurloen would be kind enough to share some of his findings through his experience with 2H KOTBS.

What builds/sets have you found the most success with? What are some Pros/Cons you've encountered? What careers give you the most trouble? etc. Thanks!

Ads
Mortorin

Post#12 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:42 pm

Muurloen wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:28 pm This is correct. My builds are not meant to outright replace a DPS class, it is additional DPS pressure with still giving my group auras, well timed and placed challenges/bellows, GUARD, and proper debuffing to help my group/warband.
I really like the sound of this. Could you share any details please?

kmark101

Post#13 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:53 pm

It's not hard really:
- mix any 3 sets for most possible str (including offensive sov jewel AND sentinel jewel as it sits in 3rd and 4th slot of your jewelry)
- get Might V renown rank
- slot Mighty Soul tactic
- slot the Emperor's Champion M2 - you will have great burst in that time slot

Cons: you will melt hardcore under any pressure AND guard damage, noone will keep you alive against any competent dps pressure
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

zulnam

Post#14 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:48 am

Would be interesting to find out what spec Muurloen is using.

No offense kmark101, but besides possibly the first point in your list, everything else you said sounds just straight-out bad. Your cons are accurate, but there are no pros. Even with all that, your damage will be low, your survivability lower.

And as a tank picking anything over Distracting Bellow in group fights is NAUGHTY!
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

kmark101

Post#15 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:58 pm

zulnam wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:48 am Would be interesting to find out what spec Muurloen is using.

No offense kmark101, but besides possibly the first point in your list, everything else you said sounds just straight-out bad. Your cons are accurate, but there are no pros. Even with all that, your damage will be low, your survivability lower.

And as a tank picking anything over Distracting Bellow in group fights is NAUGHTY!
I agree, but that's because Kotbs is a bad dps class? :) Anyway, that's the way to reach those (or higher) numbers, like it or not. Earlier, before Runefang nerf, you could do it with physical damage with WS, but now thats not a great path (despite that my knight is physical dps built, but only because I hate the Mighty Soul tactic and had to settle with much lower damage potential because of that). Pros are... the damage output? :) Come duel me and I'll show you how it works.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

mytreds

Post#16 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:24 am

Unfortunately, if you want to play a 2h Knight, you're better off playing a SM or Chosen

vobex16

Post#17 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:53 pm

mytreds wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:24 am Unfortunately, if you want to play a 2h Knight, you're better off playing a SM or Chosen
quite true