Recent Topics

Ads

Mighty Soul Removed?!

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
KissShot

Re: Mighty Soul Removed?!

Post#91 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:13 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:58 pm
Uchoo wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:52 pm
Well again, Knights were not a high dps class, even with MS. There's was too much missing for them to be OP. Chosen are hardly affected by this change. Do I have to put up the numbers that each tank spec does in one of the BiS setups?

I could understand a knight rework with MS being removed, but this isn't a rework, taking out MS just makes them bad. Sure they still have strong roles as 2h utility and SnB but I really don't understand. Was the goal to kill the Knight DPS spec? If so, why Knight and not one of the strong DPS tanks?
Yes. The goal was to kill the Knight DPS spec. I don't like Knights and I think they're dumb.
I knew it. https://memegenerator.net/instance/7812 ... -obviously

Ads
detrap

Post#92 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:39 pm

Uchoo wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:09 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:01 pm
Uchoo wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:00 pm

Tragically, that's the viewpoint of a lot of people in the community right now. I know a few Knights who run MS and what kind of damage output they were capable of. I guess we need to understand the A, B and C of the staff's discussion to understand the point of the change.
If their viewpoint is legitimately that dumb, I don't think any explanation is going to be sufficient. We're just going to have to agree to mutual ignorance.
Of course there's going to be a lot of doom and gloom at the post. An explanation would indeed be sufficient and welcome. And I'll just say again, if I'm ignorant about how strong MS was, please let me know. I play with and against MS knights everday and it's never that scary. They simply didn't have the damage or even a lot of the utility that other 2H tanks still do.
It's been explained multiple times in this thread...Some people choose to ignore it and carry on hoping others will still listen. You must be joking about the utility part I hope.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

gebajger

Post#93 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:43 pm

Solo chosens were killing literally everything, if you haven't noticed that, you weren't playing the game

No, they weren't " literally " killing everything.
Rioz

DirkDaring

Post#94 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:49 pm

Honestly theres no need to continue debating with them about the changes, as over the last 5 years they have always reminded us that its their game, and they just allow us play it, but don`t really care if we play or not.

i havent bothered to play my kobs in over 2 years , if the changes bother you just shelf the kobs and play something else until they screw up that class, then reroll another one lol, or take a break

Uchoo

Post#95 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:12 am

detrap wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:39 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:01 pm

If their viewpoint is legitimately that dumb, I don't think any explanation is going to be sufficient. We're just going to have to agree to mutual ignorance.
Of course there's going to be a lot of doom and gloom at the post. An explanation would indeed be sufficient and welcome. And I'll just say again, if I'm ignorant about how strong MS was, please let me know. I play with and against MS knights everday and it's never that scary. They simply didn't have the damage or even a lot of the utility that other 2H tanks still do.
It's been explained multiple times in this thread...Some people choose to ignore it and carry on hoping others will still listen. You must be joking about the utility part I hope.
No, I'm not joking at all. I understand what every tank in this game does. Do you?
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

CptGeorges

Post#96 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:45 am

City crashed cuz our souls are weak.

Wargrimnir. Don't punish those who genuinely want to know about their class because some people can't have civil discourse on the forums. I cannot control those people nor would I want to. You can lash out at them if there is a need to, but there are plenty others who genuinely want to know. Why am I being punished cause some people make dumb arguments? Why is it difficult to be transparent about these things? What is the issue? The reason some people are angry is because they don't know why this was needed at all.
Last edited by CptGeorges on Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

detrap

Post#97 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:52 am

Uchoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:12 am

No, I'm not joking at all. I understand what every tank in this game does. Do you?
Saying 2h knights don't have a lot of utility confirms you don't understand the class...

zulnam

Post#98 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:05 am

To imply this decission was based on malice is simply dumb and baseless.

Inability to fully understand the decission, however, is a separate issue altogether. When I say "were any people playing knights involved in the decission" i do not mean it out of malice, but purely out of worry if the decission was well informed in the process beyond "yeah, this sounds OP. lets change it".

MS was not overpowered. Plain and simple. It converted your damage to elemental, yes, but at the cost of 15% increased incoming damage. The deeper you went into it the more of a "glass cannon" (lol) you were. It gave you a bit of sustained pressure at the cost of your overall survivability.

At best it was an OKAY tactic. That some of us enjoyed since we finally got to see some nice numbers instead of the regular potato decimals.

Some of us even got FOUR alt sov pieces a week before the nerf because it worked well with MS. Gear that gives almost NO WS.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
Uchoo

Post#99 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:18 am

detrap wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:52 am

Saying 2h knights don't have a lot of utility confirms you don't understand the class...
I never said that. You're just using a logical fallacy to attack me for no reason. You done?

I could give you an in-depth explanation of what each tank does for damage and utility, which are more viable than others in what content. Paypal me 80 bucks and I'll give you the whole course.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

detrap

Post#100 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:30 am

Uchoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:18 am
detrap wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:52 am

They simply didn't have the damage or even a lot of the utility that other 2H tanks still do.
Please give me a glimpse with a free trial. Devs read the forums, maybe if you explain yourself better so they can help the class out...It's clear as day at the moment that you don't understand career paths and abilities of the knight.