Recent Topics

Ads

Mighty Soul Removed?!

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CptGeorges

Mighty Soul Removed?!

Post#1 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:06 pm

What?! Who the heck had a problem with Mighty Soul?! Who asked for this to be removed? Was there a plague of DPS KotbS with MS running around the server? Why would you nerf an already almost-brainded class the one unique thing that it had at A HEFTY PRICE OF 15% INCCREASE DAMGE RECIEVED AND THEN REMOVE IT?

Suggestions thread for more:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41782
Last edited by CptGeorges on Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Alucard2010

Re: Mighty Soul Removed?!

Post#2 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:08 pm

What was the thought process behind this? Honestly would like to know.

Rydiak

Post#3 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:09 pm

MS/DW were stupidly overpowered in the way they worked, converting *all* damage output to the respective magic damage type. The devs made more of the Knight's abilities do magic damage (to mirror the Chosen), and the game is better with these tactics removed.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:10 pm

I was going to say something, but Rydiak got it perfectly.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

CptGeorges

Post#5 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:12 pm

Overpowered? WHERE ARE THESE HIGH DAMAGE KNIGHTS WITH MS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT? Spare me your theory crafting and show me proof? I see swordmasters and IB dominating in damage, put the only thing Kotbs does is AURA FLOAT DAMAGE, and you think the problem is MIGHTY SOUL? Do you guys even play the class? Not to mention that the AURAS stay the same. Why are you turning this class into a snoozefest?! Now one SOLELY relies on AURAS for any form of damage WHICH was the one that caused any kotbs to top damage in say SC in the first place! You literally nerfed the people trying to do something meanigful with their DPS and reinforce brainded aura play!

Congratulations. You made the most boring class to play even more boring.
Last edited by CptGeorges on Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 9 times in total.

detrap

Post#6 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:14 pm

No more crit damage with raze as well.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

detrap

Post#7 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:21 pm

CptGeorges wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:12 pm Overpowered? WHERE ARE THESE HIGH DAMAGE KNIGHTS WITH MS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT? Spare me your theory crafting and show me proof? I see swordmasters and IB dominating in damage, put the only thing Kotbs does is AURA FLOAT DAMAGE, and you think the problem is MIGHTY SOUL? Do you guys even play the class? Not to mention that the AURAS stay the same. Why are you turning this class into a snoozefest?! Now I SOLELY rely on AURAS for any form of damage WHICH was the one that caused any kotbs to top damage in say SC in the first place! You literally nerfed the people trying to do something meanigful with their DPS and reinforce brainded aura play!
Never used mighty soul for my dps build and can still crit squishies in T4 for 1k. If you want to play a more damage capable tank, then maybe try the other two?
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

CptGeorges

Post#8 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:23 pm

detrap wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:21 pm
Never used mighty soul for my dps build and can still crit squishies in T4 for 1k. If you want to play a more more damage capable tank, then maybe try the other two?
Thank you for your input on this topical Empire sub-forum. I could also go play a slayer. I know guys. Thanks. That is not the point.

Ads
BelligerentBob

Post#9 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:25 pm

Rydiak wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:09 pm MS/DW were stupidly overpowered in the way they worked, converting *all* damage output to the respective magic damage type. The devs made more of the Knight's abilities do magic damage (to mirror the Chosen), and the game is better with these tactics removed.
Who was complaining about Chosen and KOTBS damage? Where are the threads and posts? The open discussions and consensus that we reached as a community?
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

Sundowner

Post#10 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:27 pm

BelligerentBob wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:25 pm
Rydiak wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:09 pm MS/DW were stupidly overpowered in the way they worked, converting *all* damage output to the respective magic damage type. The devs made more of the Knight's abilities do magic damage (to mirror the Chosen), and the game is better with these tactics removed.
Who was complaining about Chosen and KOTBS damage? Where are the threads and posts? The open discussions and consensus that we reached as a community?
Solo chosens were killing literally everything, if you haven't noticed that, you weren't playing the game :mrgreen: