Recent Topics

Ads

Mighty Soul Removed?!

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
SmackdownNinja

Re: Mighty Soul Removed?!

Post#151 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:42 am

forsa wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:25 am
detrap wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:50 am
Spoiler:
Says the person that is charging $80 for a course about tanks and understands every tank in the game yet also admits not having much numbers to prove anything significant.

Against a DoK, your damage is great if you have an armour debuff, also in a six man ST party you won't be the one being detaunted. SM's and IB's have better tools to take down doks but knights have up to 4 interrupts to stop them from casting heals for the warband plus the outgoing heal debuff that stacks with any incoming heal debuff used on other targets. The setback aura works best with a cast time increaser from a bw or sm. Not even a mdps can solo a good DoK after it's been detaunted let alone a BG.

Nothing of what I mentioned about abilities is of my own beliefs when I'm just stating what is already on the tooltips and from my own experience from using them. If they buff the knight damage from all the crying the past week, I'll be a very happy player. But would still prefer an aura rework (esp removing the cooldowns, possibly GCD too) before any ST buff might be given back to chosens and knights.

For single target party yes BG can be better, but for the warband, no there is big differences. Again you are comparing 1v1. Dps spec'd Blackguards I've encountered don't have much in the way of mitigation and I've hit some for well over 1k on a SM. Whereas the knight can reduce incoming damage and buff toughness (which mitigates all forms of damage), wounds and initiative greatly. But you know all that right?
Dps specked BG can have around 800-1k toughness thanks to uncleansable 100% uptime Terrifying Foe tact, while dishing tons of damage - i know because i have one, without gear and at 60rr.
RoR.builders - Black Guard
Even in conq i was able to solo 80rr WL while laughing in his face, same happened to poor 80rr slayer (but slayer happened around 2 years ago, so equip ma have fixed this), they literally had 0 chance.
Whereas the knight can reduce incoming damage and buff toughness (which mitigates all forms of damage), wounds and initiative greatly. But you know all that right?
Vigilance is shatterable, reduce you dmg output, lasts 10 sec and has a hefty 30 sec cd .
M2 Emp's Champion lasts 15 seconds and all knights worth their share use Distracting Bellow instead.
RF buffs ~160 ini/tough on parry (eer... Coordinated Strike tactic?) and is shatterable

Also what are the 4 interrupts that knight have?
1)taunt
2)vicious slash
3) knock/ heavens fury(cause they provide same immunity)?
4) Punt?
You won't get near that much toughness unless you also run rugged (160 toughness tactic). Unless you are running alot of toughness talis, but that cuts into your damage too much. So that means you would have to remove either wounds debuff tactic, 15% crit, or the parry tactic. Which cuts into your utility, ability to guard, or dps by a good margin. And that is in BIS, let alone RR 60. Not to mention you also have to hit a target for the effect to go off, which makes it harder to keep up in some situations, rather then Vigilance which can be toggled without hitting a target.
Last edited by SmackdownNinja on Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

Ads
detrap

Post#152 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:17 am

forsa wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:14 am
detrap wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:04 am
Spoiler:
DPS species BG's I run into for city run heal debuff and detaunt bypass.

Never noticed my vigilance being shattered, very rare from my experience. Usually other buffs get shattered before that and I don't usually open with vigilance. A tank cannot choose what enchantment to strip. Same applies for runefang, maybe in a duel but not in a warband fight. Morales used are situational, there is no need to use DB all the time, in orvr, maybe city shield wall can be better than an M4. All situational. Was just making a point that Knights have high mitigation potential as 2h and can keep pumping out the debuffs. Their auras cannot be shattered so it's a big plus side for them also.

A tank shouldn't have an issue against a mdps 1v1 or 1vX, but a struggle if it's against a good one. Using that example you used, a knight could run Emperors champion over DB for duels.

Yes those 4 can all be used consecutively as interrupts, the kd/stun is the only one needed to be spec'd for.
I was looking form party/wb point of view, duels are irrelevant (also each and every mdd/rdd can run away from KN)
So again Emp Chosen is impossible(or plain stupid) to slot, all blessings get shattered just because there are lots of people hitting combined with destro cd reducers. I know that from my own experience - you pop Vigil when focused, and any Ch/We with brain just shatters it instantly.
Shieldwall < Bellow 100% of the time (excluding pve) cause the latter helps allies, also it was m3 before for same reason.

Their auras cannot be shattered so it's a big plus side for them also.

Auras are negated by auras/bellows.
In reality kn has only 2 of them (3 is SF, also only 3 tactics + FM), and 99% of time GYR is mandatory due to sorc/magus/bo/sha/ch debuff - so only 1 aura (again most of the time its SS due to amount of debuffs flying in the air or AP if 2 tank is SM with stat steal).
Tactic wise (if you are 2h): FM,+10 crit, SPunt, Rugged/Aoe slow for 6 man.
I can imagine dropping Vigil and going for RF, but you loose knock and AOE stagger does not work same way - its a forum warriors build.
Yes those 4 can all be used consecutively as interrupts, the kd/stun is the only one needed to be spec'd for

This means almost(?) all tanks has 4 interrupts, seriously why is knight special?
Rdd/mdd can run away but usually snare has been applied and if they are running they are not casting anything.

Buffs from healers get shattered all the time, such buffs can be easily reapplied. If dps and tanks are shattering my enchantments it means they are not targeting my dps or healers during that time. Good for me. All order tanks can also do the same if an SM is in the party.

Again rarely had an issue losing vigilance from memory if you have multiple enchantments on you, it's hit and miss which one is stripped. Why is a witch elf targeting me over my dps or healers? That's good for me then.

In orvr, bellow on a 30ft radius somewhere will not offer the same survivability for you and your guard compared to using shield wall. You take significantly less damage and your healers can relax on healing you and focus heal the dps. In cities if a tank doesn't have high avoidance and is guarding a glass cannon dps, shield wall may be a better option to ensure little guard damage is taken and healers can pump healers onto one party member with double hit points thanks to the ability. Its a good morale if you are a non champ snb tank guarding a champ in stage 3 city.

Auras are negated by auras, but that's the point, to counter the enemy auras to avoid putting your party at a disadvantage. If all 16 tanks from both sides in a city siege are rotating bellows perfectly, and everyone is being permanently debuffed 50% of their damage, the playing field is still even, so each warband still has to still maximise their dps which can be assisted by debuffing/buffing or negating each other's auras.

If you are in the 6 man ST party and healers in your party are not under stress, you can drop l SF, switch tactics out and swap it for better auras to increase the damage of your dps.

In cities you don't need to run vigilance at all, even when managing the train, it just requires better focus on positioning. Definitely not needed in ST party.

Having 4 consecutive interrupts was a reply to something mentioned about knights have less cc than other tanks and have difficulty killing doks. Yes the knight and a sm with a shield (and must spec of ST punt, I'm excluding aoe punt for free immunity reasons) can have up to 4. Not sure about the IB, maybe only 3. The knight Vicious Slash is a core ability that doesn't require a shield.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

forsa

Post#153 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:58 pm

detrap wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:17 am
Spoiler:
detrap wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:04 am
DPS species BG's I run into for city run heal debuff and detaunt bypass.

Never noticed my vigilance being shattered, very rare from my experience. Usually other buffs get shattered before that and I don't usually open with vigilance. A tank cannot choose what enchantment to strip. Same applies for runefang, maybe in a duel but not in a warband fight. Morales used are situational, there is no need to use DB all the time, in orvr, maybe city shield wall can be better than an M4. All situational. Was just making a point that Knights have high mitigation potential as 2h and can keep pumping out the debuffs. Their auras cannot be shattered so it's a big plus side for them also.

A tank shouldn't have an issue against a mdps 1v1 or 1vX, but a struggle if it's against a good one. Using that example you used, a knight could run Emperors champion over DB for duels.

Yes those 4 can all be used consecutively as interrupts, the kd/stun is the only one needed to be spec'd for.
I was looking form party/wb point of view, duels are irrelevant (also each and every mdd/rdd can run away from KN)
So again Emp Chosen is impossible(or plain stupid) to slot, all blessings get shattered just because there are lots of people hitting combined with destro cd reducers. I know that from my own experience - you pop Vigil when focused, and any Ch/We with brain just shatters it instantly.
Shieldwall < Bellow 100% of the time (excluding pve) cause the latter helps allies, also it was m3 before for same reason.

Their auras cannot be shattered so it's a big plus side for them also.

In reality kn has only 2 of them (3 is SF, also only 3 tactics + FM), and 99% of time GYR is mandatory due to sorc/magus/bo/sha/ch debuff - so only 1 aura (again most of the time its SS due to amount of debuffs flying in the air or AP if 2 tank is SM with stat steal).
I can imagine dropping Vigil and going for RF, but you loose knock and AOE stagger does not work same way - its a forum warriors build.
Yes those 4 can all be used consecutively as interrupts, the kd/stun is the only one needed to be spec'd for

This means almost(?) all tanks has 4 interrupts, seriously why is knight special?
Rdd/mdd can run away but usually snare has been applied and if they are running they are not casting anything.

Buffs from healers get shattered all the time, such buffs can be easily reapplied. If dps and tanks are shattering my enchantments it means they are not targeting my dps or healers during that time. Good for me. All order tanks can also do the same if an SM is in the party.

Again rarely had an issue losing vigilance from memory if you have multiple enchantments on you, it's hit and miss which one is stripped. Why is a witch elf targeting me over my dps or healers? That's good for me then.

In orvr, bellow on a 30ft radius somewhere will not offer the same survivability for you and your guard compared to using shield wall. You take significantly less damage and your healers can relax on healing you and focus heal the dps. In cities if a tank doesn't have high avoidance and is guarding a glass cannon dps, shield wall may be a better option to ensure little guard damage is taken and healers can pump healers onto one party member with double hit points thanks to the ability. Its a good morale if you are a non champ snb tank guarding a champ in stage 3 city.

Auras are negated by auras, but that's the point, to counter the enemy auras to avoid putting your party at a disadvantage. If all 16 tanks from both sides in a city siege are rotating bellows perfectly, and everyone is being permanently debuffed 50% of their damage, the playing field is still even, so each warband still has to still maximise their dps which can be assisted by debuffing/buffing or negating each other's auras.

If you are in the 6 man ST party and healers in your party are not under stress, you can drop l SF, switch tactics out and swap it for better auras to increase the damage of your dps.

In cities you don't need to run vigilance at all, even when managing the train, it just requires better focus on positioning. Definitely not needed in ST party.

Having 4 consecutive interrupts was a reply to something mentioned about knights have less cc than other tanks and have difficulty killing doks. Yes the knight and a sm with a shield (and must spec of ST punt, I'm excluding aoe punt for free immunity reasons) can have up to 4. Not sure about the IB, maybe only 3. The knight Vicious Slash is a core ability that doesn't require a shield.
The knight Vicious Slash is a core ability that doesn't require a shield.
Strange that you forgot BG (mirror) and BO(x2 silence).
Why is a witch elf targeting me over my dps or healers?
WE/Ch will focus you 1)because you are 2h to check how soft you are, and 2)if you use Vigil - that's probably cause you are a bit far from 100% Hp duuuuh.

Why are you keep jumping to snb, when topic is about 2h?
Also all that stuff about shieldwall and glass cannon:
In cities if a tank doesn't have high avoidance and is guarding a glass cannon dps, shield wall may be a better option to ensure little guard damage is taken and healers can pump healers onto one party member with double hit points thanks to the ability
- dafaq did i just read?
In cities there is a thing (dunno if you ever encountered it or were in the city at all) called DESTRO MELEE BLOB OF DEATH.
If you use SW when your guard "glass cannon" is focused... "one party member " ... your healers are dead, same as your guard. if only you were to use something that reduced all the damage from attackers, but at least you were alive for 10 seconds, gj.
Also change your equip, have a coffee and ride into the sunset.
Pls stop. just stop
Except if you are 2h in city and want to live - you have to pick Vigil.
And that part about positioning (no choppas/tanks/mara/magus yeea)in city with ST party(that needs to dive for healers/rdd) is pure gold.
Kindly enlighten me, what equip are you using with your 2h kn when in ST party, roaming city?

zulnam

Post#154 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:34 pm

forsa wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:58 pm
Pls stop. just stop
Can you imagine seeing your guard walk away from the fight.
"What are you doing?"
"Hang on guys i just gotta switch my tactics really fast" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, it might be detrap. :lol: :lol: :lol:
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

forsa

Post#155 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:55 pm

SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:42 am
You won't get near that much toughness unless you also run rugged (160 toughness tactic). Unless you are running alot of toughness talis, but that cuts into your damage too much. So that means you would have to remove either wounds debuff tactic, 15% crit, or the parry tactic. Which cuts into your utility, ability to guard, or dps by a good margin. And that is in BIS, let alone RR 60. Not to mention you also have to hit a target for the effect to go off, which makes it harder to keep up in some situations, rather then Vigilance which can be toggled without hitting a target.
Glad that we have a BG to speak his concer about MS, oh wait.
Post is about MS, Vigil is a component to let 2h knight survive a bit longer.

But if you want to, lets have a short derail.
My conq (wound) +beast equipped BG has meager 363 Tough without rugged, that transforms into 665 though after TF+ FOW.
If I increase it to godly ~480 toughness by means of equipping better sets/jewl ill instantly achieve 800 tough.
Imagine if i had 620 toughness
Spoiler:
hello 1k
Also dunno what ability to dps you are talking about, but my 370 str bg (~480 after self buff) hits waaay stronger than my full sov kn.
Probably has something to do with x2 armor debuff (i can even drop TF for antidetaunt) but im probably missing something.
Lets try again: 100% uptime + unshatterable and no drawback vs 10sec on 30 sec cd -shatterable -25% damage.

Kn has the worst damage. It is widely considered that KN has some mega op super surviveability compared to other tanks.
In reality BG and BO have much better tools, due to unshatterable nature and uptime.

On Live, all tanks had their thing. Kn had lowest dmg, but m2+RF granted situational burst for +/- 30 sec. No burst here.
MS, had some use for lol dps, now there is no such thing.
Last edited by forsa on Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uchoo

Post#156 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:03 pm

All Destro tank survivability looks much better on paper. The reality is that Order has Rampage and Pierce Defenses.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

forsa

Post#157 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:06 pm

Uchoo wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:03 pm All Destro tank survivability looks much better on paper. The reality is that Order has Rampage and Pierce Defenses.
If only SH had Pierce Defenses and BG had Furious Howl built in... oh wait!

Uchoo

Post#158 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:29 pm

forsa wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:06 pm
Uchoo wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:03 pm All Destro tank survivability looks much better on paper. The reality is that Order has Rampage and Pierce Defenses.
If only SH had Pierce Defenses and BG had Furious Howl built in... oh wait!
Squig Herders can't proc PD reliably. The only good way to do so is Shoot Thru Ya which they don't do and it's not a very viable build for them. There's a Furious Howl on Order too, Staggering Impact.

Regardless, Rampage the most powerful and fight swinging ability in the entire game so yeah, Order wins that one.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Ads
detrap

Post#159 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:48 pm

forsa wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:58 pm
detrap wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:17 am
Spoiler:

The knight Vicious Slash is a core ability that doesn't require a shield.
Strange that you forgot BG (mirror) and BO(x2 silence).
Why is a witch elf targeting me over my dps or healers?
WE/Ch will focus you 1)because you are 2h to check how soft you are, and 2)if you use Vigil - that's probably cause you are a bit far from 100% Hp duuuuh.

Why are you keep jumping to snb, when topic is about 2h?
Also all that stuff about shieldwall and glass cannon:
In cities if a tank doesn't have high avoidance and is guarding a glass cannon dps, shield wall may be a better option to ensure little guard damage is taken and healers can pump healers onto one party member with double hit points thanks to the ability
- dafaq did i just read?
In cities there is a thing (dunno if you ever encountered it or were in the city at all) called DESTRO MELEE BLOB OF DEATH.
If you use SW when your guard "glass cannon" is focused... "one party member " ... your healers are dead, same as your guard. if only you were to use something that reduced all the damage from attackers, but at least you were alive for 10 seconds, gj.
Pls stop. just stop
And that part about positioning (no choppas/tanks/mara/magus yeea)in city with ST party(that needs to dive for healers/rdd) is pure gold.
Kindly enlighten me, what equip are you using with your 2h kn when in ST party, roaming city?
Strange that you forgot BG (mirror) and BO(x2 silence)
This topic was about knight's usefulness compared to other order tanks.
Again, never had a issue. If they are hitting on me when i'm half health they won't kill me in a city and my dps and healers stay alive since their dps on them is practically 0. Again, I'm not entirely sure a WE can choose what enchantment to shatter.
- dafaq did i just read?
Shieldwall < Bellow 100% of the time
This was to argue your point... The guarded target theoretically has double hp or needs to take double the damage to counter guard since they are taking 50% less damage. The idea behind shield wall is that healers in your party do not need to heal you as much and they can they focus heal your guard being targeted.
From my experience this is very incorrect. How can healers at 100ft away from the blob die? If you haven't tried SW or even the block channel from BG's, I would suggest you to try. Unfortunately the parry buff still breaks after 4 hits of guard damage. Bellow only reduces incoming damage from 30ft area, whereas SW will ensure you block nearly all guard damage from any range. That means one less party member to heal in the group and both healers can pour the heals and morales into the dps guarded. If you are guarding a champ for example, for 10 seconds healers can pump heals into the guarded party member without having to heal you since little damage is being taken from guard. Black Orc mains know this when using Can't Hit Me. Point was to say DB is not the end all of M2's. But that's another topic all together.
Pls stop. just stop
I always look to change auras mid fight, and tactics when I'm out of combat to optimise my contribution to the warband. As an example if I have a heal debuff aura, I would switch to that when needed.
Like i said, if heals are not an issue (especially in ST party) why run SF when you can help your dps out more with debuffs? If you are 2h and really have trouble with positioning, you pick vigilance. If you are applying debuffs to the destro train you should always be behind it to ensure you only get hit by guard damage or when pulled in (in which case you run out immediately) and your attacks are applied to a maximum number of targets including the tanks.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

forsa

Post#160 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:02 pm

detrap wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:48 pm
Spoiler:
Strange that you forgot BG (mirror) and BO(x2 silence)
This topic was about knight's usefulness compared to other order tanks.
Again, never had a issue. If they are hitting on me when i'm half health they won't kill me in a city and my dps and healers stay alive since their dps on them is practically 0. Again, I'm not entirely sure a WE can choose what enchantment to shatter.
- dafaq did i just read?
Shieldwall < Bellow 100% of the time
This was to argue your point... The guarded target theoretically has double hp or needs to take double the damage to counter guard since they are taking 50% less damage. The idea behind shield wall is that healers in your party do not need to heal you as much and they can they focus heal your guard being targeted.
From my experience this is very incorrect. How can healers at 100ft away from the blob die? If you haven't tried SW or even the block channel from BG's, I would suggest you to try. Unfortunately the parry buff still breaks after 4 hits of guard damage. Bellow only reduces incoming damage from 30ft area, whereas SW will ensure you block nearly all guard damage from any range. That means one less party member to heal in the group and both healers can pour the heals and morales into the dps guarded. If you are guarding a champ for example, for 10 seconds healers can pump heals into the guarded party member without having to heal you since little damage is being taken from guard. Black Orc mains know this when using Can't Hit Me. Point was to say DB is not the end all of M2's. But that's another topic all together.
Pls stop. just stop
I always look to change auras mid fight, and tactics when I'm out of combat to optimise my contribution to the warband. As an example if I have a heal debuff aura, I would switch to that when needed.
Like i said, if heals are not an issue (especially in ST party) why run SF when you can help your dps out more with debuffs? If you are 2h and really have trouble with positioning, you pick vigilance. If you are applying debuffs to the destro train you should always be behind it to ensure you only get hit by guard damage or when pulled in (in which case you run out immediately) and your attacks are applied to a maximum number of targets including the tanks.
1) This topic is about MS, and ways for kn to deal dmg.
2)Please stop this ignorant preaching explaining how abilities and morales work, we all know it (and reading closer, it seems way better than you do).
3)Based on what you write you are theorycrafting for the sake of the argument. If you want to continue derailing and writing about BO's CHM and BG NSP, please do it in another topic. I get it that you have a bg, but topic is about kn.
4)All that you write about city ST party that does not need healing, positioning, swapping tactics and auras amid fight - just shows that you have never been in one (at least on order). Pls stop, you are embarrassing yourself.
5)The more i read, the more i suspect that you lack high lvl geared kn. For example when SmackdownNinja wrote about BG, i instantly loaded mine to test and provide numbers and facts. I suggest you do the same.

You are yet to specify what 2h kn build you are using in teh city, what equip and what rr you spec.
I will gladly try it on my kn as i have almost all high lvl gear available in game.