Recent Topics

Ads

Mighty Soul Removed?!

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ScreenFofoBan

Re: Mighty Soul Removed?!

Post#101 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:41 am

No one : ...

Devs : lets nerf the dmg of the least damaging tank

(spoiler : its not chosen)

Ads
Crumbs

Post#102 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:59 am

Yeah that's a pretty sad nerf, used to be an MS build was what knights sweat long and hard playing support/utility roles 24/7 to earn all the BIS gear to finally run it and have a little fun for themselves, it was never considered that powerful.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Tarantoga

Post#103 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:12 am

detrap wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:52 am
Uchoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:12 am
detrap wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:39 pm

It's been explained multiple times in this thread...Some people choose to ignore it and carry on hoping others will still listen. You must be joking about the utility part I hope.
No, I'm not joking at all. I understand what every tank in this game does. Do you?
Saying 2h knights don't have a lot of utility confirms you don't understand the class...
he was talking about a 2h kotbs using ms who had to sacrifice utility (tactic slot) for dps...

Brakh

Post#104 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:15 am

Reading that twisted argumentation behind this change shocked me. I am no longer supporting this project with my time. There is plenty of games where dev teams are more appealing and showing pro player attitude. Today kotbs, tommorow your fav class.

detrap

Post#105 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:42 am

Tarantoga wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:12 am
Uchoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:12 am

No, I'm not joking at all. I understand what every tank in this game does. Do you?
Saying 2h knights don't have a lot of utility confirms you don't understand the class...
he was talking about a 2h kotbs using ms who had to sacrifice utility (tactic slot) for dps...
A knight didn't need MS to do decent dps in the first place, now they don't have to use it at all because the resistance based damaged is on some abilities itself. And sacrificing one tactic slot for ms is not going to make a knight lose any utility.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

sharpblader

Post#106 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:52 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:08 pm
sharpblader wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:51 am

I fail to see the unintended effect especially when you changed the MS tactic yourselves in the first place. And when you say you add elemental damage to two abilities where it made sense, do you mean abilities which could naturally be perceived to do elemental damage, or made sense where the DPS of the knight is not effected? Currently it seems like the former.

The main confusion still remains. Was MS removed because it was OP or because it did not seem to "fit" the archetype of the class.

Yes things change but what we need is a more solid rationale for it.
There were a lot of factors considered, so when you hear A and B and C, there's no reason to be confused, we're giving you explanations and you just want to latch on to one thing I guess. End of the day, it's not a super complex issue. We had a couple reasons to remove the tactics, we understand how that's going to be perceived because of a niche meta that used it, and we found ways to account for the thematics of the spec outside of the tactic being removed where it made sense.

Look I can list down all the details stated so far across multiple forum threads and debate and question why the tactic was completely removed and not nerfed (the only thing I am latching on to).

But I don't want to question how you run your game.

I can only give feedback and the only thing I will say very honestly and earnestly is that it is very difficult to recognize bias objectively and its not always a bad thing. I'm not accusing the team but here are the reasons why players could be feeling that there was bias in this decision:

1. A sudden removal of a niche and fun tactic which the players feel was not game breaking
2. No discussion or complaints among the players calling for removing/nerfing the tactic
3. Short discussion and quick consensus among the developers:
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:46 pm
This isn't a complicated change, we were aware it would be an unpopular one, I warned as much during our brief discussion on it. However, it opens up the ability for us to make future changes. Balance conversations internally can be brief, or they can go on for days or weeks. When we find consensus things usually move quickly.
[/quote]

This is pure conjecture, but maybe the problem was so niche that it was faster to reach a consensus but in truth needed more afterthought? Again not accusing or insinuating just some food for thought. Maybe I can be completely wrong. I'm not saying all this with any malicious intent but with a genuine concern.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go buy some WS talismans :P
Can someone lend me gold? I promise ill payback by Tuesday :P :P

badoglio

Post#107 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:53 pm

equip shield
help others
reroll dps if u want be a dps
https://i.imgur.com/ofifZ.gif

CptGeorges

Post#108 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:16 pm

badoglio wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:53 pm equip shield
help others
reroll dps if u want be a dps
https://i.imgur.com/ofifZ.gif
Other classes exist guys? Didn't know dis

Ads
Tarantoga

Post#109 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:38 pm

detrap wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:42 am
Tarantoga wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:12 am

A knight didn't need MS to do decent dps in the first place, now they don't have to use it at all because the resistance based damaged is on some abilities itself. And sacrificing one tactic slot for ms is not going to make a knight lose any utility.
ahhmmm..... ok

Xergon

Post#110 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:05 pm

On one hand i would agree that 2h Knight should have viable DPS source spec similar to what SM/IB and to all 2h Destro tanks. On other hand i would actually prefer to nerf all 2h Tanks DPS to be on similar level OR at least force them to pay proper price for it.

I personally never used this tactic once so i wont see the difference either as SnB or 2h Knight.

Im just surprised how many 2h wanna be pew pew DPS 2h Knights there are... kinda worrying from Order PoV...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube