Recent Topics

Ads

[KOTBS] Vigilance Requiring Shield

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
farng84

Re: [KOTBS] Vigilance Requiring Shield

Post#21 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:33 pm

Battlefield wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:33 pm Vigilance only able to use with shield ? Sorry but this is really bullshit that you can kill 2h Kotbs finally !
it makes sense that the shield requirement is added for both vigilance and oppression, or that no shield is required for either.
The idea was that they have a shield in their icon, plus oppression is described as a shield attack (vigilance is just an instant cast buff buff, so no shield attack, block/parry or anything else is included in the description).
Personally I prefer s&b for both chosen and kotbs, I also get the idea of this change (it is the 13 pt ability of the defence tree, makes sense it requires a shield).
However, I see nothing bad in allowing 2h tanks in investing 13 pt in their defence tree if they chose to do so.
On the contrary I would have a lot of issue in having one of the two requiring the shield while the other is available for a 2h build. Like someone said vigilance is the panic button of 2h kotbs, it is fair that 2h chosen also have theirs...

Ads
sharpblader

Post#22 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:14 pm

Zadorck wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:42 pm 50% less dmg as 2h is way too overpowered.
The numbers of reply just show how ppls does not give interest to change a great rework
This comment encompasses true ignorance. Or I've been successfully baited.

Vigilance was designed to keep in check 2h users due to the fact that you are penalized by causing 25% less damage.

The tactic laurels of victory is there in the "defense" tree to remove the damage penalty at the cost of a tactic slot which is now obsolete.

lyncher12

Post#23 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:51 pm

who cares about ability description if its not even strong? if it was too strong sure could nerf it but vigilance>oppression by a mile and vigilance isn't that good outside of certain scenarios

CountTalabecland

Post#24 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:11 pm

Shield icon = can't use without a shield.

I hope they don't find out about IB axeslam while I have a hammer equipped...
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.