Recent Topics

Ads

[KOTBS] Myrmidia's Fury.

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Drednes

Re: [KOTBS] Myrmidia's Fury.

Post#21 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:52 am

anything to get more tanks on order and for knight to actually be able to use 2h without waiting for war/sov to be viable is fine by me
destro already have their tanks as dps for years and we have...SM...least played tank AND class in the game only sometimes on the rare good player
hope knight gets damage buff doing 35 in shield and 190 in 2h damage to anyone is just **** **** when a healer can do more with 1 dot tick not to mention they are insane at survivability in this game
my dream of it being a WoW arms warrior are crushed long ago so just give them the basics and not just leave it at "he is support so no damage" he is a god damn knight...let him damage ffs

Ads
forsa

Post#22 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:34 am

Sofong wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:45 am u want to deal dmg as kotbs, need to tone down their utility and survivability 1st.
BO would like to have a word with you.

I repeat, MF should deal elemental damage with Efficient Swings on top of detaunt ignore. This will give small burst to kn

nonfactor

Post#23 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:13 pm

Sofong wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:45 am u want to deal dmg as kotbs, need to tone down their utility and survivability 1st.
This. People here fail to understand that KOTBS' inability to deal damage is a great thing. Why? Because there is simply not enough GCDs to do damage! Every 5s you should be using slow and shatter, you should be using Arcing Swings every 10s for that crit and wounds debuff and you should be using Blazing Blade to mask your dps' debuffs. You also should be interrupting, taunting, challenging and constantly on your toes with positioning so you can punt their tanks and not get punted. Those things do not show up on the damage screens but you will impact the game.

There is simply not enough time to do damage, do you people play rankeds? KOTBS usually ends up with 40-50k damage at the end while other tanks can go from 70-110k but is it worth it? In my opinion, the damage is not worth it, kills are made with well placed punts and not damage. This is why I consider tanks like BO/SM a liability and deadweight in rankeds with good players, the punt is that essential.

Let me remind you that KOTBS has a wounds debuff, 10% crit chance increase, triple slow every 5s (its brutal and annoying as **** when i play destro) and 15 (fifteen!!!) % more passive healing. Because you do not have to worry about damage, you do not have to stack crit and you can literally wear gear pieces which have % parry on them. The only reason to stack strength is to not get parried (which is pretty important, nothing more annoying than having your slows or punts parried)

Just reroll IB if you want to deal damage and still be useful (unlike SM in rankeds). KOTBS is a beast of a class that requires no buffs, numbers are not everything people.

forsa

Post#24 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pm

nonfactor wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:13 pm
Spoiler:
This. People here fail to understand that KOTBS' inability to deal damage is a great thing. Why? Because there is simply not enough GCDs to do damage! Every 5s you should be using slow and shatter, you should be using Arcing Swings every 10s for that crit and wounds debuff and you should be using Blazing Blade to mask your dps' debuffs. You also should be interrupting, taunting, challenging and constantly on your toes with positioning so you can punt their tanks and not get punted. Those things do not show up on the damage screens but you will impact the game.

There is simply not enough time to do damage, do you people play rankeds? KOTBS usually ends up with 40-50k damage at the end while other tanks can go from 70-110k but is it worth it? In my opinion, the damage is not worth it, kills are made with well placed punts and not damage. This is why I consider tanks like BO/SM a liability and deadweight in rankeds with good players, the punt is that essential.

Let me remind you that KOTBS has a wounds debuff, 10% crit chance increase, triple slow every 5s (its brutal and annoying as **** when i play destro) and 15 (fifteen!!!) % more passive healing. Because you do not have to worry about damage, you do not have to stack crit and you can literally wear gear pieces which have % parry on them. The only reason to stack strength is to not get parried (which is pretty important, nothing more annoying than having your slows or punts parried)

Just reroll IB if you want to deal damage and still be useful (unlike SM in rankeds). KOTBS is a beast of a class that requires no buffs, numbers are not everything people.

People playing destro fail to understand that CH can deny everything Kn brings, while dishing out good damage.
+15% healing with tactic on crappy aura? Lol -25% incoming heal aura.
+10%/+5% crit ? Lol -10% chance to be critted for party.
+ Wounds debuff with 2h that costs shitton of AP ? Lol no need to drop snb (works with 2h anyway)

That 70-110k of damage is additional pressure that may transfer into dead dd/healer. Kn simply cannot do it (apart from 20000iq with damage aura that wont kill anyone).

Let me remind you that Dok has core prayer that snares, Bo can slot tactic that snares everyone in huge aoe with no cd.
On the other hand kn snare range was cut to 15 from 25. Also what is the CD for Cleanse with Chop Fasta/Waagh?

Because you do not have to worry about damage, you do not have to stack crit and you can literally wear gear pieces which have % parry on them.
That is why there is Biting Blade tactic that reduces enemy chance to parry on crit, off sov , +6% crit on fort weapon, opressor set, etc.

Just reroll IB if you want to deal damage and still be useful
Or BO. Or Chosen. Or BG.

nonfactor

Post#25 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:58 pm

forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pmLol -25% incoming heal aura.
not used in rankeds
forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pm+10%/+5% crit ? Lol -10% chance to be critted for party.
with 5s timer and pretty much forces u to spec into rending blade to proc reliably
forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pmWounds debuff with 2h that costs shitton of AP ? Lol no need to drop snb (works with 2h anyway)
KOTBS has plenty of ap because you don't spam attack since they do no damage anyway. Also imagine using snb in rankeds, 2h is mandatory.
forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pmThat 70-110k of damage is additional pressure that may transfer into dead dd/healer. Kn simply cannot do it (apart from 20000iq with damage aura that wont kill anyone).)
There are other ways of pressuring the healer than damage.
forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pmLet me remind you that Dok has core prayer that snares Bo can slot tactic that snares everyone in huge aoe with no cd.
Both are not used in rankeds,
forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pmOn the other hand kn snare range was cut to 15 from 25. Also what is the CD for Cleanse with Chop Fasta/Waagh?
15ft range is more than enough to snare people in 6v6 and no1 specs into waagh in rankeds.
forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pmThat is why there is Biting Blade tactic that reduces enemy chance to parry on crit, off sov , +6% crit on fort weapon, opressor set, etc.
Biting Blade is bad; you should be using sentinel avoidance 2h, parry gear and -6% chance reduced to be parried/6% parry talisman on your sentinel jewellery.
forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pmOr BO. Or Chosen. Or BG.
BO is inefficient in a competitive environment outside of orvr. Chosen and BG are staple tanks of smallscale just like kotbs and ib, Chosen has more damage but less utility.

forsa

Post#26 » Thu May 13, 2021 7:10 pm

Spoiler:
nonfactor wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:58 pm
forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pmLol -25% incoming heal aura.
not used in rankeds
If you have 2 Ch its pretty much used, cause you have 6 auras. if 1 ch you have 3 auras, kn have only 2.

forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pm+10%/+5% crit ? Lol -10% chance to be critted for party.
with 5s timer and pretty much forces u to spec into rending blade to proc reliably
Its not like ranked kn has to spec in all 3 trees. poor ch
forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pmWounds debuff with 2h that costs shitton of AP ? Lol no need to drop snb (works with 2h anyway)
KOTBS has plenty of ap because you don't spam attack since they do no damage anyway. Also imagine using snb in rankeds, 2h is mandatory.
Yeah, right:
Why? Because there is simply not enough GCDs to do damage! Every 5s you should be using slow and shatter, you should be using Arcing Swings every 10s for that crit and wounds debuff and you should be using Blazing Blade to mask your dps' debuffs. You also should be interrupting, taunting, challenging
All this skill are free and kn is not ap starved.
forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pmThat 70-110k of damage is additional pressure that may transfer into dead dd/healer. Kn simply cannot do it (apart from 20000iq with damage aura that wont kill anyone).)
There are other ways of pressuring the healer than damage.

Or just kill dd/healer. Feel free to specify what a kn can do to create pressure, that ch/bg/bo cannot.

forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pmLet me remind you that Dok has core prayer that snares Bo can slot tactic that snares everyone in huge aoe with no cd.
Both are not used in rankeds,
Seen them in soloranked, so bs.
forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pmOn the other hand kn snare range was cut to 15 from 25. Also what is the CD for Cleanse with Chop Fasta/Waagh?
15ft range is more than enough to snare people in 6v6 and no1 specs into waagh in rankeds.
It does not appy if target parries. Again cleanse.What happened to chop fasta? Noone specs it too?
forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pmThat is why there is Biting Blade tactic that reduces enemy chance to parry on crit, off sov , +6% crit on fort weapon, opressor set, etc.
Biting Blade is bad; you should be using sentinel avoidance 2h, parry gear and -6% chance reduced to be parried/6% parry talisman on your sentinel jewellery.
With Ch/bg parry skill/tactic, 6% reduce parry wot scare anyone. Bg will just laugh in 100% parry and send you to africa.

forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pmOr BO. Or Chosen. Or BG.
BO is inefficient in a competitive environment outside of orvr. Chosen and BG are staple tanks of smallscale just like kotbs and ib, Chosen has more damage but less utility.
Bo is the only tank in the game to have 2 st punts. Bg has op punt, and 5sec knockdown when snd, has 90% of tools kn has. Ch does not lose anything impotant when 2h and has 3 useful auras.
Most of your replies is just "whatabout" or stating something that is well known, and it does not contradicts what im saying.

Kn has damage comparable to non dd healer, that "utility" is mostly mirrored on destro as well.
Single exclusion of godly +15% healing is still completely negated by 1 aura, while taking aura and tactic slot.

Kn had the option to have short burst after procs, now there is no burst.
Kn had the option to be reflect, now its crap.

Sheer idea that kn could spec into dd, with loss of utility (cause you cant have all) makes almost every destro player is see on forum go crazy and create some bs excuses.
Funniest one is that "KN has op survivability when 2h" :lol:

mytreds

Post#27 » Thu May 13, 2021 7:32 pm

It's pretty clear that the devs don't want the Knight to be a damage dealer like the Chosen, and be more utility/tank focused. Because Stay Focused and Focused Mending are such strong Knight-only abilities, and we also have a triple slow which does not trigger CC immunities, you can see how people would cry foul if the Knight got any boost in damage.

I think where most people get tripped up is the thinking that 2h=damage. For the knight, you need to build tanky not damage to survive as a 2h and apply your utility to your group. I used to gripe and moan about the lack of Knight damage, but the more I play other classes, especially destro classes, I understand that more Knight damage can lead to some balance issues.

forsa

Post#28 » Thu May 13, 2021 7:44 pm

mytreds wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:32 pm It's pretty clear that the devs don't want the Knight to be a damage dealer like the Chosen, and be more utility/tank focused. Because Stay Focused and Focused Mending are such strong Knight-only abilities, and we also have a triple slow which does not trigger CC immunities, you can see how people would cry foul if the Knight got any boost in damage.

I think where most people get tripped up is the thinking that 2h=damage. For the knight, you need to build tanky not damage to survive as a 2h and apply your utility to your group. I used to gripe and moan about the lack of Knight damage, but the more I play other classes, especially destro classes, I understand that more Knight damage can lead to some balance issues.
People get tripped cause KN had the option to deal damage but cannot do it anymore, unlike any other class in game. No one whants to be there "for the team" 100% of the time.
Like what is the reason to change Vigil to snb only? So that a kn can slot Laurels of Victory tactic and deal 100% of damage when snb.
SnB. Knight. 100% Damage.

Speaking about balance issues in a game where +25/50/75/100% damage can be added to stay for years/removed on a whim, abilities and tactics removed or changed to crap/ improved to op lvl, pounce appears on classes that never meant to have it or when a pet still deals more damage and has better stats than pc is a bit laughable, to say the least

Ads
detrap

Post#29 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:56 pm

forsa wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pm
People playing destro fail to understand that CH can deny everything Kn brings, while dishing out good damage.
+15% healing with tactic on crappy aura? Lol -25% incoming heal aura.
+10%/+5% crit ? Lol -10% chance to be critted for party.
+ Wounds debuff with 2h that costs shitton of AP ? Lol no need to drop snb (works with 2h anyway)

The heal tactic is 100ft and is great for incoming cross heals as well and stacks with the WP and RP tactics for 60% extra heals. You and your mdps might be in the blob being affected by the Chosen's heal debuff but not your entire party.

It works differently with the uptime and benefits for the Knights crit buffs/debuffs (Arcing Swing 20 sec duration/10 sec cooldown, Dirty Tricks is passively up constantly via guard and boosts healing crit for party as well) compared to the Chosen's counter tactic as they need to crit hit a target, only reduces chance to be crit and only affects the group they are in.

Knight can use AP aura, AP on being hit with Perseverance and tactic if they are desperate. Wounds debuff from the Knight is similar to that of the BG and is usually stronger since you should be using most of the right mastery tree to get Staggering Impact, an AoE debuff almost unique to the Knight class.
Last edited by detrap on Fri May 14, 2021 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

forsa

Post#30 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:08 pm

detrap wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:56 pm snip
Pls do not reply to my posts. Everything you write is either far-fetched, theorycrafted or straight wrong.
detrap wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:47 pm Last time I checked both Knight/Chosen already can beat most non-healer classes 1v1 or 1v2.
This is all you. Properly geared Ch can do even 1v3, about kn you are delusional.