Recent Topics

Ads

[WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)

Poll: Which changes would you preffer?

Armor debuff procs stack.
9
16%
50% haste on hit.
22
39%
Let the class die and be a joke and be hate by its own commuty in scenarios, city etc
25
45%
Total votes: 56

User avatar
Sinisterror
Posts: 246

Re: [WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Post#21 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:34 am

Bloodmasked wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:06 am
sigmar's shield is obviously meant for shield WP, not dps WP. sigmar's shield does a sustained heal at the cost of 100 RP, whereas you can divine assault for over 5000 healing at the same 100 RP cost. shield WP can sustain their RP because they are the healing melee spec, dps cannot easily sustain RP because they are focused on dealing damage.

if i wanted to play WP dps i would use this spec unless nobody has a heal debuff or aoe snare. i think people are trying to take every ability in the spec trees available and expecting it to be viable, that doesn't always work so easily.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4160,4187
Lol gl playing " dps wp " without guilty soul and AA haste. Also dok has Pillage Essence that gives you alot of soul essence, Despite that its impossible to keep enough SE/RF since even divine strike is now RF not ap use. The smallest change IMO required for 2h WP / dps dok is making DS/CE back to action points when using 2h/DW. Guilty Soul should heal for the dmg done as well. Change Sanquinary Extension to function like Gorks barb HD and remove the heal debuff tactic. Change WP heal debuff to function like this as well. Not big changes but would make the class playable again.

Shields ruined alot, complicates everything in a bad way and some skills should change how they work based on if you are using shield/2h. Not remove core skills completely from DPS and not making shield healing too op.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
User avatar
Gareul
Posts: 96

Re: [WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Post#22 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:06 pm

Its clueless people like bloodmasked that make these **** forums a **** experience to discuss balance when all they can do is troll for a reaction because you have no idea on what it is to play a melee WP/DoK in general let alone endgame. It is bullshit to keep your RF up with sigmars shield that is FACT even with a dual wielding target on whoever u have put it on, and no unless u are smite spamming with sigmars wrath cd u cannot generate enough RF as WP with sigmars shield even as grace unless u can smite enough targets. And you are wrong about divine assault numbers get to endgame with all the parry/block stacking and tell me u heal for 5k every DA that is just delusional. I main wrath and offspec grace rr 84 and played it live know the class like the back of my hand u sir are wrong. YOU cannot run without Divine Fury, Fanaticism, Guilty Soul, Hastened Divinity spec wont perform FACT.
Image

User avatar
yoluigi
Posts: 162

Re: [WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Post#23 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:05 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:22 am
Image

hmm
haha oh no guys we have no more chances for changes xD. (jk)

But Bloodmasked you obviously dont play wp dps what your saying i actualy tested that in the past and was horible. Especialy at the end game.. It might work when your leveling.. Hystoria play a dok dps and wp dps and he say it himself. WP need somekind of boost if it's not in pure dps it needs more support utility. (debuff or free slot of tactic like fueled fury(25% chance on hit to gain 35 rf) to help with sigmar shield better rf management)

Am just saying suggestion to give ideas to dev in the future which would be more simple than a whole rework. The idea of this post was to people write ideas that are simple and maybe make it possible in the future.
(Bloodmasked) We dont wanna hear how you THINK your build might work and make sense because it does not.(show me footage playing your guy if not) This topic is how to improve the class. Soo the dev team see it and do what ever they want with the information..

Soo guys if you got rework ideas on bludgeon write it out and give your opinion.

Whyumadbro
Posts: 167

Re: [WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Post#24 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:14 pm

How about a double hit rework that the ability has a50% to trigger a autoattack

penagos22
Posts: 51

Re: [WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Post#25 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:56 pm

Snoxx wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:54 pm
Some salvation-spec WPs use the Divine Justice tactic.
It's actually a nice damage boost for the group.

But why salv-spec? Because that's the only WP spec where you can "waste" a tactic slot for that.
(and also have leftover spec-points since you only need to spec into the salv-tree and basically need nothing from the other trees)

A wrath WP simply cannot afford the tactic slot.
He needs to run with Divine Fury, Hastened Divinity, Fanaticism and Guilty Soul.
All 4 of them are must-have tactics. There are no other viable options.

If Bludgeon gets changed to somehow replace the haste tactic that might help free up a tactic slot, but I don't think that's the way to go.

Personally, I'd rather have Divine Strike back to AP instead of RF, or a weaker version of Sigmars Radiance available in 2-hand mode instead.

You don't really need Bludgeon (as anytimer core skill). There are enough wrath dps skills for a damage rotation already. Bludgeon is only a starter skill for the early low-levels and becomes useless once you level up. That's ok. I don't even have it on my hotbar.
Here in RoR, wp dps is not a single target dps. HD is a waste of tactic slot, DJ is the better option right now.

Bludgeon should give some sustain. If you are playing in the right way you dont really use it.

User avatar
yoluigi
Posts: 162

Re: [WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Post#26 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:24 pm

penagos22 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:56 pm
Snoxx wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:54 pm
Some salvation-spec WPs use the Divine Justice tactic.
It's actually a nice damage boost for the group.

But why salv-spec? Because that's the only WP spec where you can "waste" a tactic slot for that.
(and also have leftover spec-points since you only need to spec into the salv-tree and basically need nothing from the other trees)

A wrath WP simply cannot afford the tactic slot.
He needs to run with Divine Fury, Hastened Divinity, Fanaticism and Guilty Soul.
All 4 of them are must-have tactics. There are no other viable options.

If Bludgeon gets changed to somehow replace the haste tactic that might help free up a tactic slot, but I don't think that's the way to go.

Personally, I'd rather have Divine Strike back to AP instead of RF, or a weaker version of Sigmars Radiance available in 2-hand mode instead.

You don't really need Bludgeon (as anytimer core skill). There are enough wrath dps skills for a damage rotation already. Bludgeon is only a starter skill for the early low-levels and becomes useless once you level up. That's ok. I don't even have it on my hotbar.
Here in RoR, wp dps is not a single target dps. HD is a waste of tactic slot, DJ is the better option right now.

Bludgeon should give some sustain. If you are playing in the right way you dont really use it.
Did a test i got DJ tactic first of all its 1 more mastery point needed also. i killed 3 times with DJ and 3 times with Haste ability. (used same abilities) on npc dummy
DJ = 28.80 to 28.90 seconds
Haste = 25.10 to 25.20 seconds
Why? Well if you hit faster you also procs more times prayer of righteous. Wp dps is singletarget class. Having smite and soulfire make us and aoe class now?

penagos22
Posts: 51

Re: [WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Post#27 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:36 pm

yoluigi wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:24 pm
penagos22 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:56 pm
Snoxx wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:54 pm
Some salvation-spec WPs use the Divine Justice tactic.
It's actually a nice damage boost for the group.

But why salv-spec? Because that's the only WP spec where you can "waste" a tactic slot for that.
(and also have leftover spec-points since you only need to spec into the salv-tree and basically need nothing from the other trees)

A wrath WP simply cannot afford the tactic slot.
He needs to run with Divine Fury, Hastened Divinity, Fanaticism and Guilty Soul.
All 4 of them are must-have tactics. There are no other viable options.

If Bludgeon gets changed to somehow replace the haste tactic that might help free up a tactic slot, but I don't think that's the way to go.

Personally, I'd rather have Divine Strike back to AP instead of RF, or a weaker version of Sigmars Radiance available in 2-hand mode instead.

You don't really need Bludgeon (as anytimer core skill). There are enough wrath dps skills for a damage rotation already. Bludgeon is only a starter skill for the early low-levels and becomes useless once you level up. That's ok. I don't even have it on my hotbar.
Here in RoR, wp dps is not a single target dps. HD is a waste of tactic slot, DJ is the better option right now.

Bludgeon should give some sustain. If you are playing in the right way you dont really use it.
Did a test i got DJ tactic first of all its 1 more mastery point needed also. i killed 3 times with DJ and 3 times with Haste ability. (used same abilities) on npc dummy
DJ = 28.80 to 28.90 seconds
Haste = 25.10 to 25.20 seconds
Why? Well if you hit faster you also procs more times prayer of righteous. Wp dps is singletarget class. Having smite and soulfire make us and aoe class now?

Bro, you hit a dummy. In a real pvp fight is better for you stay in range use sigmar wrath and spam smite, this make more numbers and more pressure, the old single target spec are useless. Sadly you pop UP SIGMAR W RATH spam smite and when you are waiting for the SW cd you are useless because all of our single target skills and tácticas are trash (yea absence of faith too). Is a boring gameplay yea but until devs want to make changes we need play in this way.

penagos22
Posts: 51

Re: [WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Post#28 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:43 pm

penagos22 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:36 pm
yoluigi wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:24 pm
penagos22 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:56 pm

Here in RoR, wp dps is not a single target dps. HD is a waste of tactic slot, DJ is the better option right now.

Bludgeon should give some sustain. If you are playing in the right way you dont really use it.
Did a test i got DJ tactic first of all its 1 more mastery point needed also. i killed 3 times with DJ and 3 times with Haste ability. (used same abilities) on npc dummy
DJ = 28.80 to 28.90 seconds
Haste = 25.10 to 25.20 seconds
Why? Well if you hit faster you also procs more times prayer of righteous. Wp dps is singletarget class. Having smite and soulfire make us and aoe class now?

Bro, you hit a dummy. In a real pvp fight is better for you stay in range use sigmar wrath and spam smite, this make more numbers and more pressure, the old single target spec are useless. Sadly you pop UP SIGMAR W RATH spam smite and when you are waiting for the SW cd you are useless because all of our single target skills and tácticas are trash (yea absence of faith too). Is a boring gameplay yea but until devs want to make changes we need play in this way.
I mean, you can play wp dps as a single target dps or as a rdps, single target spec is fun but useless and underperforming.... And rdps is boring but you can be usefull.

Ads
penagos22
Posts: 51

Re: [WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Post#29 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:52 pm

Wargrim say, when devs want to make a change they will ask us but we are in the bottom of the list, so until that moment we can find a way to play a single target spec with the tools that we have in this moment. I cant play in this moment, but I was testing a good single target spec, if you want you can keep my research. I look in the old forums of aor and they spec in full str, tougness and wounds, and they use sigmar grave, I test this with some peces of warlord and opresor and i do good single target damage with a good tankiness. I want to test it with es but I cant right now and i run with DJ, DF, GS, GRAVE OF SIGMAR.

penagos22
Posts: 51

Re: [WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Post#30 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:09 pm

And sadly a change in bludgeon cant solve all the problems of the clases like, the lack of críticl chance in our set parts, the rotation economy (piano spec), no gap closer or tankiness (I mean if you need to run to your target at least you need some tankiness to have chance), the wounds issue, m4, the useless of absence of faith, the fanatismo tactic issue and more and more. Jusr lets be patience right now.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron