Recent Topics

Ads

[WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)

Poll: Which changes would you preffer?

Armor debuff procs stack.
17%
50% haste on hit.
40%
Let the class die and be a joke and be hate by its own commuty in scenarios, city etc
43%
Total votes: 60

yoluigi

[WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Post#1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:41 pm

I thought and talked about other wp dps players about how Bludgeon could be reworked.
The problem? Before the shield rework our core skill was Radiance but now we have no choose to pick bludgeon for the GS procs. But adds nothing..

Soo i would have 2 ideas for the rework that would be realistic. ( Only work for 2h)

1.Armor debuff each hit add's 200 armor debuff stack to 4 times on target last 10-20 seconds (up to 800) or only procs on critical hit for bludgeon.

2.Bludgeon on hit add 50% haste on autoattack for 20 seconds.
Get rid of the 50% tactic. We would finaly have a free tactic slot for aoe detaunt or experiment with other tactics...

Vote and tell me what you think guys!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some other possible changes.
Change Judgement to take action points instead of RF it ALWAS drains all my RF in seconds, soo i cant heal or fellow the target.. even with the 20% 5 seconds speed.

Sigmar shield is useless it just drains your RF in the endgame (or rework in % instead) I would prefer to replace the divine justice tactic with an new ability slot similar to devour essences.(damaging one)
NOBODY USE DIVINE JUSTICE. and now that we divided in 3 spec. Grace overperform and Wrath lacks (because of limited use of abilities that we had like radiance etc.)

Title Possible not posible my bad lol

Ads
Ekundu01

Re: [WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Post#2 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:15 pm

I would say for bludgeon tie something with Great weapon to it as an option similar to Grace of Sigmar making Divine strike hit more targets if you have a shield.

Maybe have the base damage it has now so it can still be used by grace if they want but if you have a Great weapon equipped it hits 1 additional time.

I was also recently thinking of ways to improve wrath and was thinking it needs a decent RF spender and I think Soulfire could fit that role. Instead of it being a casted aoe dot it could be a Channeled Skill that does aoe damage in a 30 foot radius every 1 second for 5 seconds the damage starts low and builds higher as you channel if you channel it for the full duration of 5 seconds it does an additional explosion of damage at the end. It would cost 25 RF every second and would be able to channel on the move. This could be countered with interrupts.
Trismack

scutarius

Post#3 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:49 pm

I like these proposals, I think haste would work best personally. Also totally agree about divine justice I'd like to see it changed so that if you have a great weapon it also increases the proc chance for you by 10% and heals you for the damage dealt, keep it Healy.

Please, please, please dont say Grace is over performing just because it's not underperforming like wrath. It's actually very well balanced now and strong when played well, as all specs should be.

Onigokko0101

Post#4 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:55 pm

Haste would work perfect.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

yoluigi

Post#5 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:49 am

Onigokko0101 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:55 pm Haste would work perfect.
For me would be a good start to balance the class without a whole revamp. (haste on bludgeon)

I would still love to get sigmar radiance back to 2h. and get a more oriented survival build with less dps like in live.
hammer and shield to be tankier for city and for small roaming 2h. i also miss that sigmar radiance animation on 2h that big two-handed hammer swing was pretty cool.

Dok dps just perform better with ap drain etc.

Gareul

Post#6 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:45 pm

I like both ideas but ive come to the conclusion WP biggest weakness under other melee even tanks is apart from the buff from 2hander for strikethrough we get none not even from our endgame sets or tactics, so i thought adding strikthrough % to bludgeon. We need strikthrough somewere to combat high defense and endgame mdps.

penagos22

Post#7 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:23 pm

I use divine justice xd

yoluigi

Post#8 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:04 pm

Gareul wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:45 pm I like both ideas but ive come to the conclusion WP biggest weakness under other melee even tanks is apart from the buff from 2hander for strikethrough we get none not even from our endgame sets or tactics, so i thought adding strikthrough % to bludgeon. We need strikthrough somewere to combat high defense and endgame mdps.
Well at the moment the strikthrough is bugged when you equip a 2h you a see a buff for 10 seconds and dissapear. It's a bug soo we missing the basic passive for 10% parry or block strikethrough they need to patch that.

Ads
Snoxx

Post#9 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:54 pm

Some salvation-spec WPs use the Divine Justice tactic.
It's actually a nice damage boost for the group.

But why salv-spec? Because that's the only WP spec where you can "waste" a tactic slot for that.
(and also have leftover spec-points since you only need to spec into the salv-tree and basically need nothing from the other trees)

A wrath WP simply cannot afford the tactic slot.
He needs to run with Divine Fury, Hastened Divinity, Fanaticism and Guilty Soul.
All 4 of them are must-have tactics. There are no other viable options.

If Bludgeon gets changed to somehow replace the haste tactic that might help free up a tactic slot, but I don't think that's the way to go.

Personally, I'd rather have Divine Strike back to AP instead of RF, or a weaker version of Sigmars Radiance available in 2-hand mode instead.

You don't really need Bludgeon (as anytimer core skill). There are enough wrath dps skills for a damage rotation already. Bludgeon is only a starter skill for the early low-levels and becomes useless once you level up. That's ok. I don't even have it on my hotbar.

Snoxx

Post#10 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:14 pm

yoluigi wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:41 pm Change Judgement to take action points instead of RF it ALWAS drains all my RF in seconds, soo i cant heal or fellow the target.. even with the 20% 5 seconds speed.
Overall I can live with the small RF cost on Judgement.
At least we get a ranged snare now, that's worth the tradeoff.

(this is more a problem for DoK since their ranged skill got nothing in exchange and they usually have to spam it more often to proc the snare from Covenant of Celerity)

What I can't live with is the now-harder overall RF resource management. More below ...

yoluigi wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:41 pm Sigmar shield is useless it just drains your RF in the endgame (or rework in % instead)
Sigmars Shield was truly useless on live servers where it drained even more RF and healed less. It was a serious competitor for "worst skill in the game".

On RoR servers they changed Sigmars Shield into something useful. But that's no longer the case. With recent changes it got much harder to keep your RF pool filled as a wrath WP, and that's why Sigmars Shield is no longer useful. It's not Sigmars Shield that needs to be changed, it's the overall RF resource management that needs to be changed back.

(dps DoK has much less problems with the now-harder resource management, since their skills don't drain as much as Sigmars Shield, and they also have a superior way to fill their resource: Pillage Essence!)