Recent Topics

Ads

[Warrior Priest] Up to date suggestions for Salvation WP build

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Psychopski
Suspended

[Warrior Priest] Up to date suggestions for Salvation WP build

Post#1 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:50 pm

Most material I'm finding via searching the forums and via the web are outdated.

Currently 34/41 working towards tanky, front line healer, WP build.

Current Renown training:

-Futile Strikes 2
-Hardy Concession 3
-Deft Defender 2
-Spiritual Refinement 1

1. As far as tactics for scen, rvr and Fort, what are the most common builds?

2. As far as Mastery, what are some of the most common cookie cutter builds for Scens and RVR with latest state of the game?

3. Suggested Gear combos as I level post 40? "Must haves" as far as lair weapons, rings or capes?

Thanks.
Last edited by Psychopski on Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
RathBrand

Re: Up to date suggestions for Salvation WP build

Post#2 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:43 pm

I can't really comment on Scenarios, but here are some responses for RvR & Cities based on what is typically recommend in and around my guild:

Psychopski wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:50 pm 1. As far as tactics for scen, rvr and Fort, what are the most common builds?

The recommenced tactics for RvR & Cities are combinations of the following:
  • Exalted Defenses - Whenever you defend an attack, your healing will be increased for 20% for 10 seconds
  • Intimidating Repent - AOE Detaunt
  • Discipline - Increases your willpower by 160 (ideally targeting at least 750 willpower)
  • Refreshing Radiance - 25% chance to give other players 50 AP
  • Divine Warding - Every time your direct heal crits, you gain a shield up to 727.
  • Cleansing Power - AOE Cleanse
  • Fueled Fury - Whenever you are hit by an enemy, you have a 25% chance to recover 35 Righteous Fury. 3s min.
You can trade in/out some of these off based on your renown level, your stats, or the situation (eg. AOE Cleanse might not be needed, you already have plenty of willpower, you are running with an AP starved group, etc.)

Psychopski wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:50 pm 2. As far as Mastery, what are some of the most common cookie cutter builds for Scens and RVR with latest state of the game?

For Path of Salvation, go up to 13 and take:
  • Pious Restoration - Group-wide HoT; keep it up
  • Martyr's Blessing - AOE Heal (heals even outside your warband)
  • Divine Light - Group-wide Shield
  • Refreshing Radiance (situational, see above)
  • Divine Warding (situational, see above)
  • Cleansing Power (situational, see above)
For Path of Grace, go up to 9 and take:
  • Sigmar's Grace - ie "the wounds buff". This is big and people expect WPs to provide it
Psychopski wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:50 pm 3. Suggested Gear combos as I level post 40? "Must haves" as far as lair weapons, rings or capes?

Amor: The easiest path for armor is just to go Conqueror > Vanquisher > Invader > Sovereign. There are others sets you could mix in between, but may not be worth the grind since getting to Invader / Sovereign is the ultimate goal.

Trinkets: if you aren't CR 40 just yet, check into getting the Winds Impervious Set (3 trinkets which are free. See guide for instructions) which give a lot of armor and resistance. Very good if are in Conqueror or below and need extra survivability.

Otherwise, you'll be working toward getting Genesis pieces (3 trinkets and optional cape), which drop randomly from higher level bags. Eventually you'll be able to incorporate the Invader or Sovereign trinket and ultimately to get the Sentinel Ring.

Hammer: You can start with Scenario weapons. Eventually you get the Subjugator hammer from Fort bags. You then will exchange that the Fort Hammer.

Book: Scenario book is good. You can do Subjugator --> Fort Book too, but the Scenario book is usually better.

Important!!! Don't forget talismans, potions, and liniments.
  • Stat Potion - usually the 660 armor potion will do
  • Liniment - Liniment of War: Mercy is popular (60 Wounds and 50 Healing power)
  • Talismans - usually a mix of Armor or Wounds talis. As good as you can afford/craft but don't break your bank for Conqueror or Vanquisher.
  • Heal Potions - you can stack three (Officer's heal potion + Crafted heal potion + Aversion potion (2290 damage absorb))
Hope that helps. WP is fairly easy to setup and gear compared to other classes.

UPDATE: Added Fueled Fury tactic
Last edited by RathBrand on Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Psychopski
Suspended

Re: [Warrior Priest] Up to date suggestions for Salvation WP build

Post#3 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:47 pm

thanks for the suggestions.

zumos2

Post#4 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:58 pm

The above advice seems pretty solid. The rr 45 scenario weapons are extremely good and once you are above rr 50 you can get them very fast (because you will get oppressor emblems which you can convert down). In terms of renown speccing, your idea of Deft Defender/Futile Strike/Heal Crit is good. However, never use Hardy Concession as it reduces your healing. Another good tactic that wasn't listed is Fueled Fury: 'Whenever you are hit by an enemy, you have a 25% chance to recover 35 Righteous Fury. Tactic cannot trigger more than once every 3 seconds.' This tactic is especially good in RvR when you are more likely to get random damage. The same principle applies to Exalted Defenses, if you never get attacked, it won't proc. At the same time its often wrong to run into damage cause it can actually kill you :D So something to think about.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

RathBrand

Post#5 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:48 pm

Great tip on Fueled Fury tactic. Totally forgot about it and was even running it when solo healing the other day. I will add it to my original response.

Twyxx

Post#6 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:05 pm

Hi,

You don't need to be running Hardy Concessions. You should focus mainly on FS/Crit/DD.

Nosun

Post#7 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:34 am

i am still kind of new to wp just hit 58 pretty quickly and was running most of this already but i do i really need only 750 will power?

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#8 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:48 am

Psychopski wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:50 pm
-Hardy Concession 3 => means less 6% healing
Drop hardy concession => use that points in FS/DD/SR. Try to drop your % to be crit to 0.

For armor sets => try to join a CH22 PQ and get onslaught set, its an awesome set for WP and have low RR requeriments.

Jewel: if you can afford buy a exquisite gunbad diamond => really nice defensive jewel (usually too expensive...)
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armory/item/2017355

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#9 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:11 am

You may actually go even lower than 750 willpower - the thing is that WP heals scale very badly with willpower. Try removing some willpower gear and see the effect it does on your heals.

This can be good news too - you can continue using your direct heals even when playing Grace or Wrath WP - poor scaling of heals and willpower will play to your benefit here. But this (being damaging WP) is optional.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:13 am

Nosun wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:34 am i am still kind of new to wp just hit 58 pretty quickly and was running most of this already but i do i really need only 750 will power?
Really healing dont scale too well with willpower, you can check the difference slotting/unslotting discipline and see how your heal values grow.