Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] need Leveling build & tips

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
dalinvar

[WH] need Leveling build & tips

Post#1 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:21 pm

Hey folks,

I am a returning player and I am lvling my first WH. The idea is to play mostly solo and roaming for kills.
At the moment I am lvl 16+ and I need a kind of guide on how to spec my character while exping.
Would be nice to receive some builds based on exp lvl and renown lvl.

I am totally new to the class so also some gears tips would be appreciated!

Thanks!

ps. about Talisman/potion do I need some crafting skills? How does it work?

Ads
Sofong

Re: [WH] need Leveling build & tips

Post#2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:24 pm

get to 23 asap than get the self heal bullet tactic, will be alot easier grinding mobs.

XsorrowerX

Post#3 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:55 pm

If you plan to do pve, sanctified bullets is a good first step. When I have to grind mobs for whatever reason, I run sanctified bullets, emperor's ward, riposte, sweeping razor. Just use dragon gun or trial by pain to heal yourself.

This build can be good in pvp too, but since you can't get blessed blades (armor pen) high up in the tree for a while, it's better to go towards sanctified oil and fanatical cleansing at low level from path of judgement. Then when you have enough points, you can spec into dragon gun build with blessed blades or stay in the judgement tree for burn away lies and go for a single target spec. The middle tree is meh, unless you are going for heal debuff, although I do like prolonged confession over flowing accusations if I had the choice.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:08 pm

-do not do pve
-get xp reduction scrolls
-join scenarios
-low lvl spec i recommend judgement path, get atonement and flowing accusaion tactics and spam absolution, use torment as anytimer

Akalukz

Post#5 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:27 pm

pick up talisman making and salvaging to keep yourself in talismans (wounds for the most part till later lvls) and sell on the AH. I would recommended a tanky build if possible and not to rush to lvl 40. Take your time lvling through rvr/scenarios trying to keep your renown rank 10+ levels ahead of character rank if possible.
-= Agony =-

Bloodmasked

Post#6 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:43 am

I recommend rushing to 40, through scenarios and rvr, and always grouping up until you think your gear and skill is enough to win most 1v1s and win some 1v2s as solo player

Asherdoom

Post#7 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:34 pm

dalinvar wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:21 pm Hey folks,

I am a returning player and I am lvling my first WH. The idea is to play mostly solo and roaming for kills.
At the moment I am lvl 16+ and I need a kind of guide on how to spec my character while exping.
Would be nice to receive some builds based on exp lvl and renown lvl.

I am totally new to the class so also some gears tips would be appreciated!

Thanks!

ps. about Talisman/potion do I need some crafting skills? How does it work?
I tell youi as a friend I AM NOT COMPLAINING: reroll. Wh are pathetic meme of a class. They are focused for 1v1 in a game that is based warband vs warband. They bring nothing other classes can do better and on top of that they are very squish. They are basically a gank class. In scenario you are slightly more valuable due to the ability to snkea around and kill healer.

bpcook428

Post#8 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:22 am

Asherdoom wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:34 pm
dalinvar wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:21 pm
I tell youi as a friend I AM NOT COMPLAINING: reroll. Wh are pathetic meme of a class. They are focused for 1v1 in a game that is based warband vs warband. They bring nothing other classes can do better and on top of that they are very squish. They are basically a gank class. In scenario you are slightly more valuable due to the ability to snkea around and kill healer.
You must not have one or gave up early. They are so versatile in so many situations...

WB- best at reaching and dps'ing oil, lead charge against blob and drop armor debuff at onset or before morale bomb, scouting and setting up ambushes, pressure heals/ranged, single target

Solo- great at ganking, stealth away from unwinnable fights or get in a few hits and grab some renown, easy to sneak through enemy lines to fort/keep (even better if you run with a fellow WH)

Pve- AWESOME single target dps for boss fights

ALSO.....server population can sometimes be a deterrent and makes it difficult for other classes to roam. Not so for wh. We can choose our fight/target and get massive renown boosts from AAO.

Highly recommend making it your main. The learning curve is steeper but more rewarding.
Gear and rotation are very important when you hit 40. Run Ch22 with wb for onslaught and get your pve weps and you should be in good shape as a fresh 40. Be sure to pot up.

Ads
boomcat
Suspended

Post#9 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:19 am

WH is a fun class, all saying they are not great, is just following the mainstream media, uh i dont get invited to city and so on so they must be bad.. its a great class in orvr infiltrate and kill oil or healers, is fun or that 1 stragler who cant keep up with the zerg.
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen