Recent Topics

Ads

[Kotbs] 2H knight build

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
space44

[Kotbs] 2H knight build

Post#1 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:25 pm

2H damage support knight, can be equal to dps damage and have high protection.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;0;3;0;0;0
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3089,3070

fresh 40 knight: 4 piece conqueror (helmet, shoulder, chest, gloves) 2 piece dominator (boots, belt)
mid tier 40 knight: 3 piece vanquisher (helmet, chest, gloves) 3 piece Oppressor (belt, boots, shoulder)
early end tier knight: 3 piece bloodlord (helmet, shoulder, gloves) 1+ bloodlord (cape) 3 piece invader (boots, belt, chest)
end tier knight: 4 piece warlord (chest, boots, belt, jewel) 4 piece alt sov (helmet, shoulder, cape, gloves)

recommended jewels (blood moon jewel, sentinel jewel, genesis fragment of the warrior)
recommended weapon (Nightless)

use your aoe debuffs on cooldown, auras on (Press the attack!, All out assault!, On your guard!, Now's our chance!)
Last edited by space44 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Ads
detrap

Re: [Kotbs] 2H knight build

Post#2 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:52 pm

If I'm going into a city against a decent amount of ranged, guarding an AoE dps, and not wearing 4 piece vanq with nightless, I will be apologising to my healers prior to the start of the instance. :lol:
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

space44

Post#3 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:07 pm

2H knight isnt supposed to be for city, its for scenarios and 6-12 roaming parties.
for city and warband your supposed to go s/b. all tanks go s/b in city.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

zulnam

Post#4 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:21 pm

Sorry man, Myrmidia's Fury is borderline useless.

I refused to believe it myself, until i did some tests on the target dummies and noted down the numbers.

Tested it versus 3 Precision Strikes.
That is 75 AP (MF) versus 120 AP (3xPS)

The highest MF I got was 1737. Meanwhile, highest 3xPS was 2241.

In theory, going by my bigest crit in an entire MF, it could hit for 2376. But I found it rarely crits. MF actually translates into six hits, log-wise. This means you need six crits to get the most out of it. Good luck with that.

Meanwhile, Precission Strike might be more expensive AP wise, but it also has 25% armor penetration and a such hits hader.

So the best way for you to dps is to, esentially, spam PS in between 3 stack of DoTs and aoe.

Also, you are missing runefang. That's a must for 2H knight. On parry you get a nice 120 WS and some extra toughness; a gimp compared to Mighty Soul (wrongfully removed), but the only tactic you get for offense (excluding Focused Offense, unless you're one of those people)

I would not bother with Efficient Swings. No one will detaunt you; you are a 2H knight. They'll feel sorry, and kite you out of kindship so you feel dangerous. But that's about it.

2H knight is only useful for wounds and crit debuff. The aoe defense debuff is so-so. After getting overpowered swing tactic (and maybe To Glory!), you're better off going all the way into Glory to get Solar Flare.

Runefang, a tactic that is useful only for 2H knight, is in the glory tree, which makes it impossible to get OS, runefang AND the stun from mid tree.

It's broken in the sense that it's very boring and has almost no offensive capabilities. Unlike Chosen, that still has a fun 2H spec; you know. Spirit channeler, best 2h tactic in the game (15% crit). runefang equivalent in the 2H tree. Base attack that does spirit.

The little things.

Personally, when I feel the need to reminiscence about that time I bought 4 off sov pieces instead of warlord only to have Mighty Soul removed the same week, I like to run this build.

You can exchange Banish Darkness with Focus Mending if you are playing with an organised group. That 15% heal increase is the best group buff the knight has (used to be 30%).

I like to take Unbalancing Attack just to have an extra offensive button to press. I have no illusion that it is good. Solar Flare is the biggie though. Run with a WH that gets morale pump on M2, and you can reach M4 way faster than enemy team and deny their morales.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

space44

Post#5 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:58 am

So I'm see a lot of 2h tanks using Myrmidias Fury :p maybe I'm right about it being good despite everyone's denial.

Glorian

Post#6 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:52 am

space44 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:58 am So I'm see a lot of 2h tanks using Myrmidias Fury :p maybe I'm right about it being good despite everyone's denial.
No it is bad.
Please run a dps test on dummies in front of Guild hall and calculate damage numbers for yourself.
The only difference is that you get more Hits, meaning more chances for toHit Procs on set or your weapon.

And don't look at what "most" players do. "Most" healers put in Willpower Talismans which is also a bad idea.

Likeaboss

Post#7 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:43 pm

Myrmidia's Fury is not very good, all i can say it is the worst channel out of all 6 tanks :D
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.