Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest weapons after the lvl 51 Book and Hammer "of Glory" seem underwhelming

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Psychopski
Suspended

Warrior Priest weapons after the lvl 51 Book and Hammer "of Glory" seem underwhelming

Post#1 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:52 am

Am I missing something?

-It seems that the Fortress Smiter(Bought with Invader medallions and Subjugator weap) has mediocre stats and gives 5% chance to proc a small heal compared to the Item level 51 Battlehammer and Tome of Glory.

-The Fortress book(bought with Invader Medallions) procs damage back to your attacker and you lose 19 heal power when moving up from the item level 51 Tome of Glory. It's a total downgrade.

-The lvl 61 Scenario PVP weapon and book aren't really upgrades from the rank 51 scenario weapon and book for Warrior Priest. +3 morale per second but again, u lose heal power. I would think the extra heal power from the Item level 51 "of glory" hammer and book are the superior choice compared to the next set of Scenario weapons.

What am I not seeing?

Ads
Bloodmasked

Re: Warrior Priest weapons after the lvl 51 Book and Hammer "of Glory" seem underwhelming

Post#2 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:04 am

willpower and heal power are irrelevant.

only thing that matters for WP is heal crit and morale.

Psychopski
Suspended

Re: Warrior Priest weapons after the lvl 51 Book and Hammer "of Glory" seem underwhelming

Post#3 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:06 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:04 am willpower and heal power are irrelevant.

Because? I'm not discounting your statement. It would be nice to know why exactly you're saying what you say.

Morale so I can get to X or Y faster in order to do what better than RP or AM?

Thanks.

Bloodmasked

Post#4 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:21 am

Psychopski wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:06 am
Bloodmasked wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:04 am willpower and heal power are irrelevant.

Because? I'm not discounting your statement. It would be nice to know why exactly you're saying what you say.

Thanks.
You don't need massive willpower because your heals are just typically sustained group heals. if you do need stronger healing just take the 160 tactic, 100 wp potion, 2pc curative or even willpower renown, that gets you to 1050 soft cap easily. The morale gain would help you reach rampaging syphon quickly.

Bloodmasked

Post#5 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:23 am

For myself I'm still using subjugator weapon because it has like 24 toughness that the fort weapon does not and I can't be bothered to pay 50g for 1% heal crit at the moment.

Psychopski
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:03 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:21 am

Thanks.
You don't need massive willpower because your heals are just typically sustained group heals. if you do need stronger healing just take the 160 tactic, 100 wp potion, 2pc curative or even willpower renown, that gets you to 1050 soft cap easily. The morale gain would help you reach rampaging syphon quickly.
Thanks for the reply again.

I understand that. I'm only 850'ish willpower with +160 tactic and 80 willpower pot. Toughness and Wounds talis only. Full invader plus one piece of Sov(back) and 3 piece Genesis. I dont slot any willpower talis nor do I put any points renown training for willpower. I do put points x4 levels into heal crit training and 3 levels into Futile Strikes(i'm at 0% incoming crit). The Rest of my points are into disrupt/dodge. So some extra heal power, +36 heal power from Tome and Hammer "of Glory", would not be meaningless for me.

Back to the weapon and book discussion. Morales are great but what does getting to M2 or M3 a few seconds faster get me as a WP that trump's more heal power in the long run?

Again I'm not being a smart ass or discounting what you say. I'm genuinely looking to delve into the pros and cons of the various weapon "upgrades" that dont seem so great after the Item level 51 warrior priest weapons. Especially items like the Fortress book(I forget name, you pay invader medallions + turn in subjugator book for it) that procs damage on incoming damage and has crap stats IMO compared to the Tome of Glory. To me that Fortress book seems like a waste of game development time and effort.

You statement as to Morale and Heal crit being the the only/primary stats WP should be interested in as far as healing, what does faster morale gain and higher heal crit do for the WP as compared to AM or RP?

Bloodmasked

Post#7 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:53 am

I don't know anything about AM or RP, I don't play the other healer classes nearly enough.

Default morale gain is 10 per second. So getting +6 from both the weapons is a big deal. You can also get +3 from invader boots. So your morale gain is almost double just by wearing 3 items.

Psychopski
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:03 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:53 am I don't know anything about AM or RP, I don't play the other healer classes nearly enough.

Default morale gain is 10 per second. So getting +6 from both the weapons is a big deal. You can also get +3 from invader boots. So your morale gain is almost double just by wearing 3 items.
Okay gotcha. Thx again :D

Ads
JorgeLee

Post#9 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:32 pm

Psychopski wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:03 am
Bloodmasked wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:21 am

Thanks.
Thanks for the reply again.

I understand that. I'm only 850'ish willpower with +160 tactic and 80 willpower pot. Toughness and Wounds talis only. Full invader plus one piece of Sov(back) and 3 piece Genesis. I dont slot any willpower talis nor do I put any points renown training for willpower. I do put points x4 levels into heal crit training and 3 levels into Futile Strikes(i'm at 0% incoming crit). The Rest of my points are into disrupt/dodge. So some extra heal power, +36 heal power from Tome and Hammer "of Glory", would not be meaningless for me.

Back to the weapon and book discussion. Morales are great but what does getting to M2 or M3 a few seconds faster get me as a WP that trump's more heal power in the long run?

Again I'm not being a smart ass or discounting what you say. I'm genuinely looking to delve into the pros and cons of the various weapon "upgrades" that dont seem so great after the Item level 51 warrior priest weapons. Especially items like the Fortress book(I forget name, you pay invader medallions + turn in subjugator book for it) that procs damage on incoming damage and has crap stats IMO compared to the Tome of Glory. To me that Fortress book seems like a waste of game development time and effort.

You statement as to Morale and Heal crit being the the only/primary stats WP should be interested in as far as healing, what does faster morale gain and higher heal crit do for the WP as compared to AM or RP?
Thank you!

Kpi

Post#10 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:40 pm

Psychopski wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:52 am Am I missing something?

-It seems that the Fortress Smiter(Bought with Invader medallions and Subjugator weap) has mediocre stats and gives 5% chance to proc a small heal compared to the Item level 51 Battlehammer and Tome of Glory.

-The Fortress book(bought with Invader Medallions) procs damage back to your attacker and you lose 19 heal power when moving up from the item level 51 Tome of Glory. It's a total downgrade.

-The lvl 61 Scenario PVP weapon and book aren't really upgrades from the rank 51 scenario weapon and book for Warrior Priest. +3 morale per second but again, u lose heal power. I would think the extra heal power from the Item level 51 "of glory" hammer and book are the superior choice compared to the next set of Scenario weapons.

What am I not seeing?
For salvation WP the Glory books and hammer are BiS. 2% of heal critical and -1% of critical reduction is awesome. Don't buy reverence or fortress hammers and books.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+