Recent Topics

Ads

Guilty soul small tweak (wp 2h dps tactic)

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
yoluigi

Guilty soul small tweak (wp 2h dps tactic)

Post#1 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:53 pm

Soo i did a post 2 month ago most people seem to wanted some kind of tweak for Guilty soul.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43536

Right now even with the best way to play the class (spam Smite, self Sigmar shield ,sigmar wrath) i do the same dps as WH and 2h SM (with them doin 3times healing with healing tactics) in city PREMADE.(not pug)
Before being less the case when people had max invader/bloodlord. Now with the armor and better stats overall its harder to proc GS and does not alot average dmg.

People in the post and others said really good ideas that could help alot for the class to be at least bellow dps aoe class in term of dps instead been of the bottom list.

-GS proc with auto attack (white dmg)
Would definitely help a lot because getting parry/block is very punishable with a slow 2h. Haste is a core tactic for 2h dps would help single target and proc guilty soul more often.
-GS proc with some Grace abilities.
Am less of a fan of this would need alot of testing, which dev are not interesting. Would be too op with divine assault also. I don't think it's a good idea.
-GS proc dmg done in under 6 seconds instead of 9 seconds
Would help proc more dmg over time.

I would like know your ideas and i will post it here an put an X for who votes for what think would be ideal. (Simple ideas to tweak GS)

-GS proc with auto attack (white dmg) X

-GS proc with some Grace abilities.

-GS proc dmg done in under 6 seconds instead of 9 seconds.

-Duration of the DoT and self-buff increased from 9 seconds to 12 seconds (damage per second remains the same) X
Last edited by yoluigi on Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Rydiak

Re: Guilty soul small tweak (wp 2h dps tactic)

Post#2 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:17 am

Already have a proposal in the works for GS, but thank you for echoing my arguments.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

yoluigi

Post#3 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:51 am

Rydiak wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:17 am Already have a proposal in the works for GS, but thank you for echoing my arguments.
Ah ok! Where did you post the proposal? What were your suggestion to the changes for GS?

added your change.

penagos22

Post#4 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:30 pm

hello, i think GS need a simply change, be instant, no more. i mean not work like a Dot when this proc just aplly all the damage. this change will clarify which are the most important statistics for the warrior priest. and finnaly you need to remember this, in the mirror comparison the dok is more offensive and the wp is more like support so i think GS need back the heal component. or something like a shield based in the damage done by this tactic this will (shield) help a lot because you are a softfrontliner. sorry for my bad english again XDDD.

Sinisterror

Post#5 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:48 am

penagos22 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:30 pm hello, i think GS need a simply change, be instant, no more. i mean not work like a Dot when this proc just aplly all the damage. this change will clarify which are the most important statistics for the warrior priest. and finnaly you need to remember this, in the mirror comparison the dok is more offensive and the wp is more like support so i think GS need back the heal component. or something like a shield based in the damage done by this tactic this will (shield) help a lot because you are a softfrontliner. sorry for my bad english again XDDD.
When people are talking about dps wp anything shield doesnt matter because point of dps wp is to be 2h and GS instant dmg would be very op if you meant that all the dmg from 9 sec to be instant. Guilty soul should heal and add extra 20 % AA dmg to it as well proc from AA crits to help to keep it up single target. Guilty soul also being 6 seconds instead of 9 with same dmg would be nice and if it would heal maybe limit the heal from 2 different targets, even though it was amazing when you had 4 or even more guilty souls healing you live=) This is just a dream but i would love that 2h wp hammers would be slowest in game ranging from 4.2 - 5.5 seconds and increasing AA haste tactic to 66% - 75 % to get very nice AA dmg. Prayer of Righteousness should be double dmg to what it is now when using 2h. Overall i think stats should matter for prayer/bullet/tactic procs dmg because this would boost single target dmg on all classes that needs it.

Also ive been thinking about castigation and soulfire stacking 2x and changing castigation to be 7 second long and increasing the dot component of it by some amount. It used to be full dot long time ago but i think it needs the small dmg up front so it can proc guilty and then 7 sec dot stackable 2x. I really also think that when using 2h divine strike should be AP cost and judgement should be ap cost and giving 10 or 15 rf back like it used to, just with 2h. Shield doesnt need it because they have ap based melee heal sigmar's radiance<3 I miss it but if cant have it 2h at least divine strike should be ap cost.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

penagos22

Post#6 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:24 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:48 am
penagos22 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:30 pm hello, i think GS need a simply change, be instant, no more. i mean not work like a Dot when this proc just aplly all the damage. this change will clarify which are the most important statistics for the warrior priest. and finnaly you need to remember this, in the mirror comparison the dok is more offensive and the wp is more like support so i think GS need back the heal component. or something like a shield based in the damage done by this tactic this will (shield) help a lot because you are a softfrontliner. sorry for my bad english again XDDD.
When people are talking about dps wp anything shield doesnt matter because point of dps wp is to be 2h and GS instant dmg would be very op if you meant that all the dmg from 9 sec to be instant. Guilty soul should heal and add extra 20 % AA dmg to it as well proc from AA crits to help to keep it up single target. Guilty soul also being 6 seconds instead of 9 with same dmg would be nice and if it would heal maybe limit the heal from 2 different targets, even though it was amazing when you had 4 or even more guilty souls healing you live=) This is just a dream but i would love that 2h wp hammers would be slowest in game ranging from 4.2 - 5.5 seconds and increasing AA haste tactic to 66% - 75 % to get very nice AA dmg. Prayer of Righteousness should be double dmg to what it is now when using 2h. Overall i think stats should matter for prayer/bullet/tactic procs dmg because this would boost single target dmg on all classes that needs it.

Also ive been thinking about castigation and soulfire stacking 2x and changing castigation to be 7 second long and increasing the dot component of it by some amount. It used to be full dot long time ago but i think it needs the small dmg up front so it can proc guilty and then 7 sec dot stackable 2x. I really also think that when using 2h divine strike should be AP cost and judgement should be ap cost and giving 10 or 15 rf back like it used to, just with 2h. Shield doesnt need it because they have ap based melee heal sigmar's radiance<3 I miss it but if cant have it 2h at least divine strike should be ap cost.
brother, i dont think GS being instant is op, i mean if you are building like a glass cannon you should do a lot of damage, the problem of the wp is you need build so offensive that only high-level wp can afford to use FS and it is not even useful to them because they are still very softand the damage even for my wp is medriocre compared to the others, This frustrates both the one who wants to play wp DPS and the wb leader that a wp dps asks him to join the group. In addition, those changes that you suggest are not going to arrive in the near future because wp dps is not a priority, simple things that are easy to program should be suggested so that devs consider doing it. sorry for my bad english again XDD.