Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Doubt about equipment

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
raizagast

[WH] Doubt about equipment

Post#1 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:30 pm

Hi, I have a query about equipment for WH, I currently have 5 pieces from Onslaught, belt from Vanquisher and 5 pieces from Genesis.

I have heard that the Onslaught is the best equipment for WH but now that I can buy Invader parts I don't know how to combine it.

What would be the BiS equipment for WH?

Ads
titaniummushroom

Re: [WH] Doubt about equipment

Post#2 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:27 pm

BiS for WH is reroll something else tbh. Current state of the WH is about as fun as watching grass grow while slowly sitting on a pineapple stem first.

Most classes are completely unkillable for a WH in the current state of the game. WE outperform in every way and occasionally if you're RR80 with BiS you might be the 1 WH that gets an invite to a city premade but most of the time you're going to roam and get hammered by zergs and the plethora of classes that can obliterate you without any fear.

Chosen
Shaman
mSH
Deftard Tanks
WE

You can kill sorc and magus and most rSH though high RR ones with BiS will actually survive your burst and escape and turn around and melt you in 3 seconds.

Anyway, if you can get invader then invader/vanq mix is best heavy on the vanq. good luck, its not fun.

abezverkhiy

Post#3 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:01 pm

Just learn to pick your fights and it will be fun.

Get The Winds Impervious - 3 PvE jewellery, best resistances, get 3 pieces of Beastlord - cape, book and ring. Rest should be your rvr gear.

Speaking of unkillable - for me they are SHs, Maras and good tanks. Everything else is alright.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

billyk

Post#4 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:16 pm

titaniummushroom wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:27 pm BiS for WH is reroll something else tbh. Current state of the WH is about as fun as watching grass grow while slowly sitting on a pineapple stem first.

Most classes are completely unkillable for a WH in the current state of the game. WE outperform in every way and occasionally if you're RR80 with BiS you might be the 1 WH that gets an invite to a city premade but most of the time you're going to roam and get hammered by zergs and the plethora of classes that can obliterate you without any fear.

Chosen
Shaman
mSH
Deftard Tanks
WE

You can kill sorc and magus and most rSH though high RR ones with BiS will actually survive your burst and escape and turn around and melt you in 3 seconds.

Anyway, if you can get invader then invader/vanq mix is best heavy on the vanq. good luck, its not fun.
RIght, but it's still more pleasant than grinding out gear with less-than-stellar WBs.

siglade

Post#5 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:24 pm

raizagast wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:30 pm Hi, I have a query about equipment for WH, I currently have 5 pieces from Onslaught, belt from Vanquisher and 5 pieces from Genesis.

I have heard that the Onslaught is the best equipment for WH but now that I can buy Invader parts I don't know how to combine it.

'BiS' gear will vary from player because we build it based on our own play, some go with a mix 2/3 set will other just focus on one. Try to give us more info, solo/small/group and spec :)
titaniummushroom wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:27 pm BiS for WH is reroll something else tbh. Current state of the WH is about as fun as watching grass grow while slowly sitting on a pineapple stem first.
We are clearly not in the best shape but we are not that bad.
bachata, excommunicate abuser

sharpblader

Post#6 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:40 am

siglade wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:24 pm We are clearly not in the best shape but we are not that bad.
Outside of group content WH is pretty solid. They can kill anything depending on build and if played correctly.

Parry WHs are a nightmare for destro melee.
Last edited by sharpblader on Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

sharpblader

Post#7 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:24 am

raizagast wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:30 pm Hi, I have a query about equipment for WH, I currently have 5 pieces from Onslaught, belt from Vanquisher and 5 pieces from Genesis.

Ignore the naysayers about re-rolling they've been killed too much.

Combining gear is very subjective to how you want to spec. Most WHs like to stack all crit% pieces to max crit.

You can go for 4 pc onslaught and keep that juicy proc but lose 5% crit bonus which comes with 5 pc. You have to decide if giving up 5% crit is worth having 3 pc invader for your spec. Also remember that invader has a jewelry piece which will disrupt your 5 pc Genesis bonus.

But then again, slotting higher tier gear gives a good stat boost. So, the best way to go about it is to experiment in your own way. You have to ask yourself if you're happy about the stat combos and settle with them.

Think there was a min-maxing tool somewhere on the forum. I've never used it myself but you can check it out.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#8 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:05 am

onslaught BiS? no not really, as a WH you want it quick and dirty. with onslaught you only rock if the proc procs, you cant wait for that. so stacking up passice crit chance is the way to go imo.

try to get the sentinel ring and equip it with the senti helm for str bonus.
vanquisher is a pretty solid set.
try to get warlord/sov cloak asap
on lower lvls beastlord is very good

with around 1k str and 25% crit chance you can pretty much everything ... maybe not dedicated solo tanks but shams are possible so are mara/choppa/we/sh and of course casters

Ads
kryss

Post#9 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:41 pm

BIS depends on what you're up to. For solo, I still believe that 6 offensive sov is mandatory to enable the most flexible spec you can get, which is Bal+blessed blades+SoM+RB, a toolset that you will use with 3-4 different sets of tactics according to your targets (vindication+SoM for casters, for example, rest you can figure out yourself easily). After 6 sov, you can go 6 sov+3 senti, 7 sov+2 senti, 6 sov+ 2 triumphant (belt, boots), according to your likes and the stat balance you prefer (more wounds, for example). After many, many, many tests with every possibile spec and setup, I think that 6 sov, 2 triumphant, senti ring (even with no +2 bonus) is BiS for soloing. Also for soloing, I don't like WS builds (you don't need it when you find good rotations to refresh blessed blades, which instantly sets your armor pen at 50%) nor dragon gun builds, even though I think the latter is ok for soloing with undergeared and low rank characters. As for weapons, fortress MH, Bloodlord offhand, or bloodlord MH and Wit offhand if you don't have the needed RR ranks.

For group play, well, a world opens up. 4 onslaught + 4 offensive sov is quite solid, but if u want to go for an Excommunicate build (some like it to cheese out stale ranked fights, or champ phase 3 in cities) u need +2 skills again to get everything (so SoD, vanish, crit tactic, EW, Heal debuff). How to reach it, again, is up to you: some go for warlord MP builds, some still prefer going crit and +crit debuff (2 senti, 7 sov). If you're NOT required to go for an Excom build, I like 2 triumph 2 warlord 3 sov 2 senti with Bal, SoD, HD debuff, etc to max out str without brute force (you just need a +80 str pot to reach cap), still have a good amount of wounds and free up a tactic slot to use other stuff besides the usual ones. Sure, you miss +6 crit, but being able to test other tactics is also interesting (like FC, IF, jagged, flanking, for example). Finally, I don't have 4 triumphants, but when I do get them (maybe never, getting 2 was enough for my SC taste) I will try to mix them in a group spec setup to see how they perform, or even go for a dumb retro-non meta-not relevant AoE spec for SCs or some relaxed cities.

Small disclaimer: I don't pretend I got everything right, many, many people might see it differently, but all this is just what I got from my WH experience on live and RoR

Ps. don't listen to the reroll guys, you can do good stuff with WHs, just need to suffer until you get Vanq+ RR and level of gear and pick your targets wisely. No cities for you cause you're not that single WH that people pick-up for their ST party? No problem, you just keep on RvRing, pick your targets knowing your and your enemy's class limits and ranks, and you'll get royals anyway, just with a slower pace. But hey, what's the point of completing everything fast?

raizagast

Post#10 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:16 pm

kryss wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:41 pm BIS depends on what you're up to. For solo, I still believe that 6 offensive sov is mandatory to enable the most flexible spec you can get, which is Bal+blessed blades+SoM+RB, a toolset that you will use with 3-4 different sets of tactics according to your targets (vindication+SoM for casters, for example, rest you can figure out yourself easily). After 6 sov, you can go 6 sov+3 senti, 7 sov+2 senti, 6 sov+ 2 triumphant (belt, boots), according to your likes and the stat balance you prefer (more wounds, for example). After many, many, many tests with every possibile spec and setup, I think that 6 sov, 2 triumphant, senti ring (even with no +2 bonus) is BiS for soloing. Also for soloing, I don't like WS builds (you don't need it when you find good rotations to refresh blessed blades, which instantly sets your armor pen at 50%) nor dragon gun builds, even though I think the latter is ok for soloing with undergeared and low rank characters. As for weapons, fortress MH, Bloodlord offhand, or bloodlord MH and Wit offhand if you don't have the needed RR ranks.

For group play, well, a world opens up. 4 onslaught + 4 offensive sov is quite solid, but if u want to go for an Excommunicate build (some like it to cheese out stale ranked fights, or champ phase 3 in cities) u need +2 skills again to get everything (so SoD, vanish, crit tactic, EW, Heal debuff). How to reach it, again, is up to you: some go for warlord MP builds, some still prefer going crit and +crit debuff (2 senti, 7 sov). If you're NOT required to go for an Excom build, I like 2 triumph 2 warlord 3 sov 2 senti with Bal, SoD, HD debuff, etc to max out str without brute force (you just need a +80 str pot to reach cap), still have a good amount of wounds and free up a tactic slot to use other stuff besides the usual ones. Sure, you miss +6 crit, but being able to test other tactics is also interesting (like FC, IF, jagged, flanking, for example). Finally, I don't have 4 triumphants, but when I do get them (maybe never, getting 2 was enough for my SC taste) I will try to mix them in a group spec setup to see how they perform, or even go for a dumb retro-non meta-not relevant AoE spec for SCs or some relaxed cities.

Small disclaimer: I don't pretend I got everything right, many, many people might see it differently, but all this is just what I got from my WH experience on live and RoR

Ps. don't listen to the reroll guys, you can do good stuff with WHs, just need to suffer until you get Vanq+ RR and level of gear and pick your targets wisely. No cities for you cause you're not that single WH that people pick-up for their ST party? No problem, you just keep on RvRing, pick your targets knowing your and your enemy's class limits and ranks, and you'll get royals anyway, just with a slower pace. But hey, what's the point of completing everything fast?

Thanks a lot for the help, I'm thinking of going with the solo build (Burn Away Lies, etc ...)

What is the Excommunicate build?