Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Doubt about equipment

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kryss

Re: [WH] Doubt about equipment

Post#21 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:17 pm

inoeth wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:48 am
kryss wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:57 am I don't think you should invest RR points in might, str is the easiest stat to cap (pot or no pot), whereas parry, crit, deft and chance to be crit (namely FS) are not. Don't leave the WC without at least FS2 and full opportunist, rest can go in parry and deft according to your gear and likes
basicly true, however stacking 4x 2 sets to pump str will also lead to low crit% which you can not compensate by full opportunist. 5 sov will also give you a huge dmg bonus of 15% crit dmg which you also do not get through rr. futile strikes well yeah basicly good but no on a WH since you are still very squishy. personally i would go full glass cannon. you have alot of defens with repel blasphemy and m1. but maybe thats just my play style, i like alot of static crit% :)
the super mix between 4 sets is just an idea to make use of other tactics (like jagged+flank+crit+IF) to compensate for the dps loss you get from -crit and -crit dmg, in a context where TB was introduced (I still prefer FS, but some people spec into it), making +crit and +crit dmg a - little - bit less relevant. It's just an idea which needs some more testing: solo and grouped, my preference still goes to +6 offensive Sov + 2 triumph + 2 genesis + senti ring (solo) and 4 ons+4 sov (no Exco for grouped, AoE meme, etc) or 2 senti 7 offensive SoV (Exco grouped). Full glass cannon? Mmmmm, without FS you'll --really-- melt in a 1 vs 2-3 (or grouped) situation, where you get hit in the back and can't make the best use of parry through strafing etc. But as you said, to each one is own playstyle, it's the best thing about this game :)

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Post#22 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:40 pm

i still do not know what you mean by excommunicate build... however i think wh is not really usefull in grps so i play 99% solo and there you either kill in 2-4s or get smashed.
regarding futile strikes i did not notice any difference tbh.... squishies still die in seconds, healers are still basicly untouchable just like before.

but you are right, different situations need different equipment

jughurta69

Post#23 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:48 pm

Last edited by jughurta69 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kryss

Post#24 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:54 pm

inoeth wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:40 pm i still do not know what you mean by excommunicate build... however i think wh is not really usefull in grps so i play 99% solo and there you either kill in 2-4s or get smashed.
regarding futile strikes i did not notice any difference tbh.... squishies still die in seconds, healers are still basicly untouchable just like before.

but you are right, different situations need different equipment
It's more or less this build (may varies, some like putting atonement in for abso spam with flowing, I don't, it's way less efficient than tormenting/covering debuffs with fervors, etc)
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4355,4368

If you want to have all those tactics+skills, +2 from sov or warlord is mandatory

as for futile strikes, i think it's still mandatory for soloing. You don't always pop on someone 1 vs 1 and obliterate him (even less if they are competent), you can face decent/good/excellent players and classes who will pot heal/absorb after the burst and put up a fight after your parry "immunity" from rb and M1 (or +35% dmg from SoM+vindication) fades. And ofc, you can always get adds, or you happen to inc a duo: why not try to kill em all? :) You can really make it with some enemy class combinations and a proper setup (again pots, absorbs, etc). I don't think WH is "the first 3-4 seconds or die", at least not always: sometimes the fight drags on (and usually, it's the most rewarding when you win it). In all these situations, FS 2 or 3 is definetely a must and with a BIS setup it doesn't even take away any of your offensive capability/dps

inoeth
Suspended

Post#25 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:37 pm

ah its the m4 my bad, never looked at them because m4 does not fit my play style :P

Krima

Post#26 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:41 pm

WH its one the best classes to grp play actualy. Most WH brainless on parry builds tho.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

jughurta69

Post#27 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:22 pm

Krima wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:41 pm WH its one the best classes to grp play actualy. Most WH brainless on parry builds tho.
one the best , not really .

Mara , WL , mSW, SH( all spec) , slayer , choppa are far better because

WH/WE classes, you have to think flank, look for the isolated, even if you don't kill you have to create openings . WH/WE play front line make my eyes bleed

you don't have the same movement as a classic dps, nor the same mechanic

Ps dev can you change Repel for execution with 1s / accusation not 5s instant, but if 5 s need 5 accusation
Last edited by jughurta69 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krima

Post#28 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:28 pm

jughurta69 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:22 pm
Krima wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:41 pm WH its one the best classes to grp play actualy. Most WH brainless on parry builds tho.
one the best , not really .

Mara , WL , mSW, SH( all spec) , slayer , choppa are far better because

WH/WE classes, you have to think flank, look for the isolated, even if you don't kill you have to create openings

you don't have the same movement as a classic dps, nor the same mechanic

Ps dev can you change Repel for execution with 1s / accusation not 5s instant, but if 5 s need 5 accusation
You complain about WHs.. and ask for devs to nerf?? please tell me WHY change Repel??
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Ads
jughurta69

Post#29 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:35 pm

I'm not complaining, I just want a classe more punitive if make a mistake .

too much WH , class need less survivability . too much WH spé gank in Xvs1 or Xvs2 , rarely solo looking for difficult situations, yet is his role

inoeth
Suspended

Post#30 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:30 pm

jughurta69 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:35 pm I'm not complaining, I just want a classe more punitive if make a mistake .

too much WH , class need less survivability . too much WH spé gank in Xvs1 or Xvs2 , rarely solo looking for difficult situations, yet is his role

yeah def less survivability because ppl do gank squads? lol

u died in a rvr zone?