Recent Topics

Ads

WP VS KOTBS

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
khaang

WP VS KOTBS

Post#1 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:17 pm

Greetings comrades

i'm a new player deciding between Warpriest and kotbs both looking to use it as a 2h for dps/bruiser kinda type.
i know its not really meta ive noticed my class choosing decisions are very poor. But i would like to know what are the pros/cons of these classes built for dps.
what im actually looking for is a bruiser like class that can do solo/smallscale pvp
i also know that for WB and rvr ill be offspeccing to the meta but this is more mainly to find out which one prob is better for a more solo/smallscale
also i saw kotbs doesnt do allot of dps but does warpriest actually do more?
going a bit off topic anyways thanks for all the information in advance!!!

From the highest order,

Alphonsee Former knight of the blazing sun/ Thorunn sigmar''s hammer

Ads
zulnam

Re: WP VS KOTBS

Post#2 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:38 pm

That's like playing wow classic and picking Paladin for a dps class.

They are not good in that role. They can peform decently, when you have endgame gear. But until then you will get stomped and stomped and stomped and stomped and stomped and stomped and stomped and stomped and...

If you pick WP or Kotbs and refuse to play the role (healer/tank) you will have a bad time.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

khaang

Post#3 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:01 pm

zulnam wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:38 pm That's like playing wow classic and picking Paladin for a dps class.

They are not good in that role. They can peform decently, when you have endgame gear. But until then you will get stomped and stomped and stomped and stomped and stomped and stomped and stomped and stomped and...

If you pick WP or Kotbs and refuse to play the role (healer/tank) you will have a bad time.
thank you for this helpfull response!

zulnam

Post#4 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:05 pm

khaang wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:01 pm
zulnam wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:38 pm That's like playing wow classic and picking Paladin for a dps class.

thank you for this helpfull response!
No worries. Just keep in mind that in RoR respeccing is 100% free, so you can, say, play one of these classes using the warband spec (heal/tank) and then whenever there's downtime and you are solo or pugging you can switch to the dps spec.
Also of note that there are warbands who take 2H Knight with them when roaming or in city. But it's one spot, and again requires end game to be considered for it (there's usually a queue for it so no guarantee you will always get that spot).
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

sharpblader

Post#5 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:22 am

khaang wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:17 pm Greetings comrades

i'm a new player deciding between Warpriest and kotbs both looking to use it as a 2h for dps/bruiser kinda type.
i know its not really meta ive noticed my class choosing decisions are very poor. But i would like to know what are the pros/cons of these classes built for dps.
what im actually looking for is a bruiser like class that can do solo/smallscale pvp
i also know that for WB and rvr ill be offspeccing to the meta but this is more mainly to find out which one prob is better for a more solo/smallscale

From the highest order,

Both classes can be played as a dps/bruiser but with limited viability. They will never be at the same level as a pure dps class however.

Like you, even I geared my character playing meta builds to build my off spec for solo/small scale content but it takes time because you need at least vanquisher set to be effective in meta and be invited in groups.

Now on to the classes:

WP has more "fun" skills like Hammer of Sigmar, which always crits when enemy is below 50% health. Gameplay wise they are very fun to play but are weak in solo content because they are easily countered and you have limited tools to outplay those counters. The biggest one is being kited. Then, your prime mechanic is to survive with lifetap heals, which while are unaffected by heal debuffs, are hard countered by block/party/absorb and are rendered highly inefficient if the target has a lot of mitigation (like guard and other damage received reductions) .

In duos and small scale where their inherent weakness are covered by others, they perform very well.

Knights have very low straight up damage but have strong reflect abilities. Solo as a knight is possible if you stack a lot of regen (through fleshrender rings, renown points and items that have regen) . Because your damage is low, you are hard countered by anyone who can toss a heal or detaunt you.

In duos and small scale, 2h knight is very efficient and sought after. It is actually meta in 6v6 solo ranked games. Your build is centered around support and buffing your teams damage. Your damage is still meh though.

All in all, what you wish for can be achieved only through gear. Running dps builds you will do fine in T1, T2 - T3 scenarios. In RvR, you will be bolstered through the roof between rank 27 and 31. But once you hit rank 40 you will need at least vanquisher/oppressor level gear to be somewhat decent.

Onigokko0101

Post#6 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:04 am

If you want a 2H Brusier-esque DPS go for White Lion
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

khaang

Post#7 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:53 pm

sharpblader wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:22 am
khaang wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:17 pm Greetings comrades

From the highest order,

Both classes can be played as a dps/bruiser but with limited viability. They will never be at the same level as a pure dps class however.

Like you, even I geared my character playing meta builds to build my off spec for solo/small scale content but it takes time because you need at least vanquisher set to be effective in meta and be invited in groups.

Now on to the classes:

WP has more "fun" skills like Hammer of Sigmar, which always crits when enemy is below 50% health. Gameplay wise they are very fun to play but are weak in solo content because they are easily countered and you have limited tools to outplay those counters. The biggest one is being kited. Then, your prime mechanic is to survive with lifetap heals, which while are unaffected by heal debuffs, are hard countered by block/party/absorb and are rendered highly inefficient if the target has a lot of mitigation (like guard and other damage received reductions) .

In duos and small scale where their inherent weakness are covered by others, they perform very well.

Knights have very low straight up damage but have strong reflect abilities. Solo as a knight is possible if you stack a lot of regen (through fleshrender rings, renown points and items that have regen) . Because your damage is low, you are hard countered by anyone who can toss a heal or detaunt you.

In duos and small scale, 2h knight is very efficient and sought after. It is actually meta in 6v6 solo ranked games. Your build is centered around support and buffing your teams damage. Your damage is still meh though.

All in all, what you wish for can be achieved only through gear. Running dps builds you will do fine in T1, T2 - T3 scenarios. In RvR, you will be bolstered through the roof between rank 27 and 31. But once you hit rank 40 you will need at least vanquisher/oppressor level gear to be somewhat decent.
thanks allot for the info thissl help me allot with deciding!

anarchypark

Post#8 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:03 pm

They're hybrid, half dps half something.
more or less.

2h wp is closer to dps, still it's hybrid.
don't have snare break + charge.
instead got healer tools : rez and cleans.
whether you use it or not, dps limit from trade off exists.
so again, it's hybrid limitation.
you can't be pure dps nor shouldn't.

you take up too much supports from others.
unless friends, they won't carry you.

but it doesn't mean you can't play it.
accept your solo fate then it's playable.
you're extra when every main roles were filled by others.
rarely you can steal moment from them and shine like star.
if you're good...

I recommend pure roles first.
master them and try hybrid.
it's not for noobs.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads