Recent Topics

Ads

[KOTBS] Choosing Talismans as 2h Kotbs for SCs/Ranked

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Klod91

[KOTBS] Choosing Talismans as 2h Kotbs for SCs/Ranked

Post#1 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:39 pm

Hello, I've seen 2h knights slot all kind of different talis: WS/Str/Tgh/Wounds

I assume some of those were 2h-RvR or ST-party City builds.
I'm interested in Ranked and regular SCs. What speaks for sloting defensive or offensive talis?

Ads
yoluigi

Re: [KOTBS] Choosing Talismans as 2h Kotbs for SCs/Ranked

Post#2 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:25 pm

Probably sloting str talis if i were you in open rvr you want toughness but as a knight you will have high toughness anyway. in 6v6 toughness wont change alot you want wound and high parry for guard and str to add up the dps.
But...That's my opinion depends on what gear you got also.

sharpblader

Post#3 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:57 pm

It depends on how much stats you want your knight to have.

For example, using offensive set pieces usually yields in lower defensive stats, so some prefer to even it out with defensive talismans. It becomes tricky after invader because even warlord and off sov gives a good chunk of defensive stats.

Some build around abilities. Like if a knight is using runefang, they would stack WS to reach higher parry and armor penetration.

Some stack strength to reach higher strikethrough which becomes important in ranked to lower chance of important abilities, like punt and wounds debuff, from being defended.

Then, if a knight is stacking strength through set piece bonuses they can slot wounds and toughness talismans to even it out.

All in all there's no one way to go about it. Your target should be to get str and tough around 800 of each. Wounds between 800 to 900. Of course this is not set in stone just based on my experience.

Always remember, trying to build for damage in SC and ranked is usually a bad idea because of your low damage. Knights are meta in group content because of their group utility even as 2h.

Good luck out there.

zulnam

Post#4 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:21 pm

If a Warband takes you on as a 2H knight there's a few things they expect: Auras, Wounds+Crit Debuff, Stay Focused, maybe Defense Debuff (according to some people).

None of those really rely on you doing damage but they do rely on you surviving.

So the best talis to slot, even if boring, are the ones that increase your survivability most: wounds and toughness. Even if you get a lot from sets and auras, as a 2H tank you will be squishier than your regular one so it's best to aim for high stats in those two particular areas.

Otherwise, in smallscale/SC parties you have some wiggle room and can slot more STR/WS.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Klod91

Post#5 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:17 am

What's the point of sloting WS?
The amount of Parry you get from it is very low due to how it interacts with Strength. Plus, bunch of your abilities do Elemental dmg.

detrap

Post#6 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:19 am

Klod91 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:17 am What's the point of sloting WS?
The amount of Parry you get from it is very low due to how it interacts with Strength. Plus, bunch of your abilities do Elemental dmg.
Stacking weaponskill gets you up to 7% extra parry, which is a nice buffer for guard damage, considering any other stat and doing city with less than 40% parry, you will melt fast.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

mytreds

Post#7 » Tue May 11, 2021 6:45 am

I would go tanky talismans. 2h knight is less about dmg more about utility. We also live to give the auras, wounds debuff, crit buff, etc. We can’t do that while dead.

That being said, nothing is stopping you from trying a full glass knight build, teaming up with a competent healer and going pepega mode in SCs.

Bloodmasked

Post#8 » Tue May 11, 2021 6:53 am

Klod91 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:17 am What's the point of sloting WS?
I heard it helps auto-attack dmg quite a bit

Ads
Alubert

Post#9 » Tue May 11, 2021 1:45 pm

I use full armor talismans on my chosen (2h or snb). Working good. I feel quite save with 6k+ armor. Wounds from gear + set bonuses give around 10k anyway. As a 2h tank armor/toughens (KTB WS is also good if u are def enough).
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

mytreds

Post#10 » Tue May 11, 2021 3:25 pm

Keep in mind, what’s good for chosen, is not always true for Knight.