Recent Topics

Ads

[KOTBS] Efficent Swings

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
zulnam

Re: [KOTBS] Efficent Swings

Post#11 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:55 am

sharpblader wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:06 am
nonfactor wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:21 am its worse than C tier, it should not be used under any circumstance

If youre using anything other than https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 92,3108&t= then you should rethink your life and play a different class
Its wrong to have a "play this or you suck" mentality.

While the build is cookie cutter and run by every 2h knight and their mothers because of its effectiveness, you should feel free to experiment and explore with builds that work for you and your allies (without being a deadweight of course).
But if you spec into efficient swings... are you really not being a deadweight tho? :lol:
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
detrap

Post#12 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:58 am

nonfactor wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:21 am its worse than C tier, it should not be used under any circumstance

If youre using anything other than https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 92,3108&t= then you should rethink your life and play a different class

While the build is cookie cutter and run by every 2h knight and their mothers because of its effectiveness, you should feel free to experiment and explore with builds that work for you and your allies (without being a deadweight of course).

It is a little disappointing to see most 2h builds not run staggering impact, could be part of the reason why the 11 point tactic isn't used/tested. Runefang is helpful for survivability in warband play, even for snb in orvr as you negate toughness debuffs on you.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

sharpblader

Post#13 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:44 pm

zulnam wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:55 am

But if you spec into efficient swings... are you really not being a deadweight tho? :lol:

Maybe, if along with it you spec full loldps, or take the guard ability off your action bar, or punt away a focussed target.

One tactic won't define you. Your actions in the battlefield will.

nonfactor

Post#14 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:55 pm

sharpblader wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:06 am Its wrong to have a "play this or you suck" mentality.

this game has been out for over 13 years we dont need to experiment anymore, there is really no build variety for smallscale kotbs. naturally you can do a meme dps build and you are free to do that but thats just gimping yourself on purpose. if you want to fulfil your role as a tank first and foremost, the build i linked is most efficient but i realise not everyone wants to be efficient.

kmark101

Post#15 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:36 pm

This tactic is very sad... I mean who even detaunts a knight and why?! :)

If this tactic would provide an automatic taunt under some circumstances (for example if you take direct damage you automatically taunt your target) then it would be fun and would solve knight dps issues a little bit at the same time.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

sharpblader

Post#16 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:44 pm

nonfactor wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:55 pm
sharpblader wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:06 am Its wrong to have a "play this or you suck" mentality.

this game has been out for over 13 years we dont need to experiment anymore, there is really no build variety for smallscale kotbs. naturally you can do a meme dps build and you are free to do that but thats just gimping yourself on purpose. if you want to fulfil your role as a tank first and foremost, the build i linked is most efficient but i realise not everyone wants to be efficient.
So according to you, for the past 13 years the cookie cutter builds have been the same? I agree that build is most efficient in terms of group utility currently, but meta can change.

It's a game at the end of the day. Fun > Efficiency

arorwne
Suspended

Post#17 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:03 pm

kmark101 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:36 pm This tactic is very sad... I mean who even detaunts a knight and why?! :)

If this tactic would provide an automatic taunt under some circumstances (for example if you take direct damage you automatically taunt your target) then it would be fun and would solve knight dps issues a little bit at the same time.
That's actually a very nice idea! Maybe do the same with first BG Anguish tactic?

But, yeah. There's just so many wtf tactics(say, those crappy one resist tactics or crap like that) and I won't even mention how misplaced a lot of Tactics are. Take for example first Dwarf or DE racial. Currently it is "hard cc lasts shorter"(Dwarf ; very sexy, but NOT at that point it isn't! That Armor Racial Tactic would be much more welcome here) and "+10% incoming heal"(DE ; I guess it's very nice for DoKs, but do you really need more heals there? On the other hand, you have "Bathing in Blood" which would help solo PvE of so many DE classes at that early point).

Just some obvious examples. Won't even mention Glory 3 Tactic(Rank 17) which buffs a, get this, Rank 38 ability(oh lol roflmao!).

I mean, so much still needs to be done. ES is but an example. :)

Thaodan

Post#18 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:08 pm

You are clearly missing the topic I asked about the tactic, if you want to talk about something else go create your own.

Also I don't think any sane person should take a call about rethinking his life by a random stranger from the internet.

Ads
Thaodan

Post#19 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:10 pm

arorwne wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:12 pm
space44 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:29 pm The text on the ability says anyone who uses detaunt on you will automatically dispelled. I assume that means if you are directedly detaunted or hit by a aoe detaunt you wont be effected by it. That could be used for 2H builds for anti-healers.
Maybe that could be true IF it was in the first Tactic slot(4pts to unlock), but TWELVE? Lol. Don't BG have the same Tactic, but in the first slot of Anguish?
Well does BG at least do damage? Most of the talents in Conquest are so weak that they do to less or can be countered so easy because the damage is so low.

detrap

Post#20 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:32 pm

kmark101 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:36 pm This tactic is very sad... I mean who even detaunts a knight and why?! :)

Aoe detaunt comes to mind.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x