Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Coming back after a looong time away

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tigersoul78

[WH] Coming back after a looong time away

Post#1 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:52 am

Hey all. So it has been about 10 years since I have played. I remember having quite a bit of fun in instanced pvp but not as much in open world pvp.

Anyway I really want some advice about leveling up a WH. I loved playing the class back in the day. My main questions are what spec line should I go into for pve? Also can I use the same spec for pvp? Can you still level strictly in pvp or do you have to pve alot as well?

Any advice is welcome and I hope to see you out there soon.

Ads
Tigersoul78

Re: [WH] Coming back after a looong time away

Post#2 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:56 am

Also is there a Discord server that is being used?

abezverkhiy

Post#3 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:32 am

Welcome back.

The game is different from what it used to be 10 years ago and it changed for better. So did WH although you will always see naysayers. Of all the changes I would mention change to Incognito - still on 2 sec cast, still on 30 cooldown but there is no more 30 sec duration. So longer stealth raids are now doable. Also, one of the openers was changed. We have a restealth/charge option in Judgement tree now. Probably Dragon Gun is not what it was in 2011. Other changes are not so breathtaking.

Levelling is hands down better in pvp. T2 to T4 are merged now, under 40s get good boost to stats making them somewhat on par with freshly graduated 40s. So you will be able to rvr. However, try levelling in scenarios, they are very lively for under 40s, at 40 they are heavily populated with premades so solo-scen is an option while you are under 40. Plus this will secure you with good gear.

Build. Confession tree is good as provides with good defensive and cc options. Inquisition has always been for higher levels. Judgement remains same - strong, necessary, boring.

I make WH only groups on weekends, you are welcome to join once done with T1. Pm or send mail ingame to Johanruth
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Tigersoul78

Post#4 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:54 pm

Sounds good. So it looks like the Confession line is the way to go until I hit 40. Should I go full Confession skill line until I get to 40?

abezverkhiy

Post#5 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:26 pm

Try them all. Respeccing is free of charge now.

Tigersoul78

Post#6 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:22 am

Good to know. Also can I strictly level from 1 to 40 in pvp? Is it viable? Is there gear that you can get from just pvp while your leveling in pvp instances?

abezverkhiy

Post#7 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:14 am

I levelled two of my toons all the way up in rvr and scenarios only. You will receive tokens for participation (currency tab of your backpack) and spend them on weapons and gear.

Tigersoul78

Post#8 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:20 am

Very cool. When you say scenarios , do you mean instanced rvr or pve group open world areas?

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#9 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:50 am

In terms of wow rvr is open world pvp and scenarios are battlegrounds.

chookette

Post#10 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:06 am

I did not understand very well. confession is the only viable spec for low level?