Recent Topics

Ads

[Kotbs] Lower damage output justification (ex Slice Through Tactic discussion)

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest

Moderators: Developer, Management, Community Management

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
User avatar
Klod91
Posts: 72

[Kotbs] Lower damage output justification (ex Slice Through Tactic discussion)

Post#1 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:02 am

Slice Through is a good tactic, but is the -10% dmg really necessary?
You already spend a tactic slot, and it only hits 3 people. What do you people think, isn't the dmg-reduction on top of that is a bit too much?
Last edited by Klod91 on Tue May 11, 2021 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwoff
Reppanse
Holie

Ads
User avatar
space44
Posts: 307

Re: [Kotbs] Slice Through dmg penalty discussion

Post#2 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:46 am

it is what it is.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr85 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63 | Warrior Priest: Ulfrric Greywolf rr51

nonfactor
Posts: 127

Re: [Kotbs] Slice Through dmg penalty discussion

Post#3 » Tue May 11, 2021 3:09 am

no its not kotbs doesnt do damage anyway and triple slow is worth more than 10% reduction

User avatar
mytreds
Posts: 175

Re: [Kotbs] Slice Through dmg penalty discussion

Post#4 » Tue May 11, 2021 5:45 am

It’s adjusting for the fact that instead of damaging 1 target, now you damage three. You use the ability for the slow not the damage, and the tactic gives you a little bit of AoE.

It’s pretty obvious if you’ve been around long enough that the devs don’t want the knight to be a damage tank class.

User avatar
Klod91
Posts: 72

Re: [Kotbs] Slice Through dmg penalty discussion

Post#5 » Tue May 11, 2021 1:38 pm

Would you say that Kotbs is a better utility and tanking class that other ones?
Because if he is not, than I don't see why he should be dealing less dmg than other tanks.
Dwoff
Reppanse
Holie

User avatar
detrap
Posts: 352
Contact:

Re: [Kotbs] Slice Through dmg penalty discussion

Post#6 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:15 pm

Klod91 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:38 pm
Would you say that Kotbs is a better utility and tanking class that other ones?
Because if he is not, than I don't see why he should be dealing less dmg than other tanks.

Considering your entire warband (including adjacent warbands) can do significantly more damage in your radius, than any other tank on order, the lack of damage comparable to other tanks is somewhat justifiable.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Foomy44
Posts: 570

Re: [Kotbs] Slice Through dmg penalty discussion

Post#7 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:27 pm

Klod91 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:38 pm
Would you say that Kotbs is a better utility and tanking class that other ones?
Yes, literally everyone would say this.
Klod91 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:38 pm
Because if he is not, than I don't see why he should be dealing less dmg than other tanks.
How does having access to 1 tactic (which literally increases damage in aoe situations) prove their damage is lower thsn other tanks? There's a whole lot more factors there than just this.
Last edited by Foomy44 on Tue May 11, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

User avatar
Earthcake
Posts: 162

Re: [Kotbs] Slice Through dmg penalty discussion

Post#8 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:32 pm

Foomy44 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:27 pm
Klod91 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:38 pm
Would you say that Kotbs is a better utility and tanking class that other ones?
Yes, literally everyone would say this.
Almost yes. And it used to be true. Now everybody just repeat this but it's no longer the case.

Ads
User avatar
Klod91
Posts: 72

Re: [Kotbs] Slice Through dmg penalty discussion

Post#9 » Tue May 11, 2021 3:23 pm

detrap wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:15 pm
Considering your entire warband (including adjacent warbands) can do significantly more damage in your radius, than any other tank on order, the lack of damage comparable to other tanks is somewhat justifiable.
I think "significantly" is an exaggeration. Besides, you only need 1 Kotbs for that.


Foomy44 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:27 pm
How does having access to 1 tactic (which literally increases damage in aoe situations) prove their damage is lower thsn other tanks? There's a whole lot more factors there than just this.
I must admit, my goal was to transition this topic into Kotbs' general dmg output discussion.
I should have probably just started with that.


Foomy44 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:27 pm
Yes, literally everyone would say this.
First, this is not necessarily true. I've heard people claim the opposite.
Second, when it comes to "everyone" people often just repeat what they heard, without making their own research.

Let's look at Chosen, he also provides auras, but also deals more dmg. What does Kotbs do better than Chosen to justify overall lower dmg output?


Spoiler:
I've renamed the topic since I've originally aimed to go into general dmg output discussion anyway.
Last edited by Klod91 on Tue May 11, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwoff
Reppanse
Holie

User avatar
mytreds
Posts: 175

Re: [Kotbs] Lower damage output justification (ex Slice Through Tactic discussion)

Post#10 » Tue May 11, 2021 3:33 pm

Knight has the group healing aura which the chosen does not. The Knight’s Focused Mending + Stay Focused has been used as one of the arguments for keeping us low in the damage department. In general, we are best used at staying alive in order to keep pumping our auras during sieges and cities. However, you’re more than welcome to try a more dps oriented build in SCs and small scale stuff.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests