Recent Topics

Ads

WP DPS stat build.

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
penagos22

Re: WP DPS stat build.

Post#11 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:55 pm

ashton007 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:35 pm
penagos22 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:20 pm crit chance > Futile strikes > strenght > weapon skill > wounds or toughness if you go greave of sigmar.

this class is desing for stack crit chance. use talisman of strenght in all your set parts and maybe WS or wounds.
You only need FS if you’re solo really. For my WP I like to go full glass, full str, full crit (with renown and tali’s)
Guard and heals are there to shrug off your incoming damage. And without FS you’re still tougher than a slayer/WH, lol.
What you are saying is quite silly, there is no healer or tank that can hold an idiot with a 20% negative critical chance, because I remind you that it accumulates with the crit chance of the idiot who is hitting you.

Ads
ashton007

Post#12 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:45 pm

penagos22 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:55 pm
ashton007 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:35 pm
penagos22 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:20 pm crit chance > Futile strikes > strenght > weapon skill > wounds or toughness if you go greave of sigmar.

this class is desing for stack crit chance. use talisman of strenght in all your set parts and maybe WS or wounds.
You only need FS if you’re solo really. For my WP I like to go full glass, full str, full crit (with renown and tali’s)
Guard and heals are there to shrug off your incoming damage. And without FS you’re still tougher than a slayer/WH, lol.
What you are saying is quite silly, there is no healer or tank that can hold an idiot with a 20% negative critical chance, because I remind you that it accumulates with the crit chance of the idiot who is hitting you.
Well you are very starved of offense stats, I do just fine on my wp with full crit/str renown.

Scottx125

Post#13 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:46 pm

Idk I think like everything it's a balance. If you go Full DPS Crit you'll nuke people down but you won't live very long and therefore be useless. Yet you don't want to go full tank as a DPS spec because it defeats the point of being a DPS.

I've been working on a build I seem happy with. I'll link stats below:

SC 2H wep, Off-Sov 3 Piece, Warlord 5 piece, 2 piece Gen, Sigmarite Sigil (sent).

STR = 876, 1065 with MP included.
TOU = 163.
WS = 355.
INI = 217.
WOU = 819.
ARMOUR = 4366.

Above included set bonuses, some renown spent and all Tali's used, Armour includes standard 660 pot.
Renown is as follows:
3 Might.
1 BM.
1 Impetus.
3 Opportunist.
2 Reflexes.
2 Deft Defender.
3 Futile Strikes.

With this build I have 28% crit chance, and a chance to be crit I believe to be around 0%, maybe lower. That crit chance can be buffed with special Tali's used on sentinel ring or if needed used to buff other stats. Intention is to use armour pot with Crit lini to push crit higher.

Obviously some sacrifices had to be made. But my 3 pillars were 8k+ health, as close to 900 STR(high dmg and hit rate, but really the DMG comes from the crits) as possible and 1k armour from 3300. Why the focus on armour? Because it seems like a better choice than investing in tough. Plus my strength is close enough, I'd rather like to live long enough to be able to do damage rather than just be completely squishy. I'm obviously going to be in trouble with magic DPS but there's not much I can do about that.

Anyway let me know what you guys think.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

yoluigi

Post#14 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:10 am

Scottx125 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:46 pm Idk I think like everything it's a balance. If you go Full DPS Crit you'll nuke people down but you won't live very long and therefore be useless. Yet you don't want to go full tank as a DPS spec because it defeats the point of being a DPS.

I've been working on a build I seem happy with. I'll link stats below:

SC 2H wep, Off-Sov 3 Piece, Warlord 5 piece, 2 piece Gen, Sigmarite Sigil (sent).

STR = 876, 1065 with MP included.
TOU = 163.
WS = 355.
INI = 217.
WOU = 819.
ARMOUR = 4366.

Above included set bonuses, some renown spent and all Tali's used, Armour includes standard 660 pot.
Renown is as follows:
3 Might.
1 BM.
1 Impetus.
3 Opportunist.
2 Reflexes.
2 Deft Defender.
3 Futile Strikes.

With this build I have 28% crit chance, and a chance to be crit I believe to be around 0%, maybe lower. That crit chance can be buffed with special Tali's used on sentinel ring or if needed used to buff other stats. Intention is to use armour pot with Crit lini to push crit higher.

Obviously some sacrifices had to be made. But my 3 pillars were 8k+ health, as close to 900 STR(high dmg and hit rate, but really the DMG comes from the crits) as possible and 1k armour from 3300. Why the focus on armour? Because it seems like a better choice than investing in tough. Plus my strength is close enough, I'd rather like to live long enough to be able to do damage rather than just be completely squishy. I'm obviously going to be in trouble with magic DPS but there's not much I can do about that.

Anyway let me know what you guys think.
That's what i did for a long time if you got sentinel you could maybe someday try 2 sentinel with rest Warlord for that AP pump if you wanna do sc's. But yeah that's the BIS with WP dps it's the hardest class to make it work when i change to grace shield it's a peice of cake you can spam 3-4 abilities and have the best heals and also some medium dps + nobody kill you... With 2h wrath dps where it shine is in duo with an other dps i've been doin duo's with melee SW and WL they normaly focus those guys soo i can tap heal and dps. For scenarios you really need a guard to make it work.

Scottx125

Post#15 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:39 am

yoluigi wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:10 am That's what i did for a long time if you got sentinel you could maybe someday try 2 sentinel with rest Warlord for that AP pump if you wanna do sc's. But yeah that's the BIS with WP dps it's the hardest class to make it work when i change to grace shield it's a peice of cake you can spam 3-4 abilities and have the best heals and also some medium dps + nobody kill you... With 2h wrath dps where it shine is in duo with an other dps i've been doin duo's with melee SW and WL they normaly focus those guys soo i can tap heal and dps. For scenarios you really need a guard to make it work.
Mmm.. Prob I have with Grace is it's more of a tank spec. A weird hybrid between DMG/Heal. And you need to do lots of DMG to gain more healing. But obvs your strength is going to suffer. Also you can no longer use some key abilities in Path of Wrath. Idk I'll have to see. I think I'll roll my DPS build first and then see how it fairs. If I find I'm struggling I might get Hammer + Shield and experiment with Grace. And I get that BL is BiS. But honestly 5% Dmg gain for -5% Tou and Arm seems a bit steep to me. When the outcome at 1000 DMG is only 50 extra, where as at 4.4k armour you lose over 200 armour pushing you below 75% cap with 1k debuff.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Scottx125

Post#16 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:13 pm

Ok, so I tweaked around my build for a decent Grace/Wrath build.

STR 766 +60 MP = 826.
426 TOU
393WS
234 INI
822 WOU
4148 ARM

5 Piece SOV 3 piece WarLord. BL WEP + Shield. Just wondering both have 5% buff on them, does it stack or is it a single application? (this build is assuming it doesn't stack).

Reduced armour as set bonuses give reduce armour pen by 6%, effectively negating weapon losses. STR is lost at expense of more toughness. Also Sov set 6% block is nice. This stat build would be more about healing your team in melee, sort of being an off heal/DPS. Though with 393 WS and effective 800+ STR (with pot 900). You should be doing decent DMG. Only drawback OFC is you want the DMG tactics, but that makes your backline healing when you can't melee sub-par. So you wouldn't really be replacing a dedicated healer. You'd be a hybrid DPS healer with a shield.

Note: Some of these stats are prob wrong, as it's from my current stats on my char which are lower in Grace spec, so buff from wounds and STR/TOU will prob be even higher.

Tactics I'd run with this are: Divine Fury, Grace of Sigmar, Greave of Sigmar. And anything else you want. I'd take Intimidating repent as the rest don't seem all that useful, plus you can use this against RDPS, especially magic users. Aside from bringing a better wound buff to the group and enhanced passive heal, you also bring a heal debuff for focused melee DPS train.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Satirico

Post#17 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:29 pm

Until you get your set warlord and sovereign you will be useless. People will hate you on scenarios and with reason.
But if you are sttuborn and want to fill your ego in a group based game, go ahead, just keep a healer set in your inventory for when you be the only healer in sc. This can help a lot.

Scottx125

Post#18 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:55 pm

Satirico wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:29 pm Until you get your set warlord and sovereign you will be useless. People will hate you on scenarios and with reason.
But if you are sttuborn and want to fill your ego in a group based game, go ahead, just keep a healer set in your inventory for when you be the only healer in sc. This can help a lot.
Has nothing to do with Ego, I'll play what I find enjoyable. I play for my enjoyment, not for anyone else's. If they don't like the fact that DPS/Grace WP exist, tough.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
penagos22

Post#19 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:07 pm

Satirico wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:29 pm Until you get your set warlord and sovereign you will be useless. People will hate you on scenarios and with reason.
you want heals, then, level up a healer.

Satirico

Post#20 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:45 pm

penagos22 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:07 pm
you want heals, then, level up a healer.
the most dumb answer someone ever created. if I want guard, raise a tank? If I want damage, raise a dps? So who will fill the role of healer? Because as I said, until you have equipment to be usefull, healers dps are like cancer in a group based game. You won't make damage, you won't heal, only screw with other players experience. In fact, and as an ex am dps, I defend the end of dps build for healers.