Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Shield WP in oRvR

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Scottx125

Re: [WP] Shield WP in oRvR

Post#31 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:05 pm

ashton007 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:56 pm
Bloodmasked wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:55 am
ashton007 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:47 am

Agreed, aim for 1k str. The damage will make your heals better and also add a lot of counter pressure. In RvR u really just have to avoid Zerg fights.
its not about aiming for any random value, you have to create the set that gives the most stats overall.
My dude, 1k str is not a random value, it’s the str cap and it’s the bare minimum. All you wannabes offering pretty bad advice, talk to iyvans ingame my friend. The #1 dps/ heal dok/WP, uses 1k str and full melee power. (Sentinel ring blood lord weapon genesis etc)
No point throwing out 1k STR when you're dead. And as a Grace WP you can't rely on someone guarding you. You class as a melee healer. Your tanks have 2 DPS they have to worry about. Your goal as a Grace WP is to get your heals to an acceptable amount, once you're there build up your survivability. Also you're incorrect about it being the "bare minimum". The softcap is 1050. You ideally want to aim for 900-950. With pots that'll push up to ~1050. Then your MP can boost it higher. Anything beyond that is a waste of points. If you were going DPS I'd say get just below the softcap, use STR pots to close the remaining 100 STR and then invest in WS tali's, wounds and crit chance in RR. But we're not talking about DPS WP. This is a Grace WP, a Grace WP heals through damage but you're not a DPS spec character. 700-800 STR will do. Should also note at 950 STR buffs and pots don't stack. So either run a pot of STR, or if you got a buff on you from KOTBS for example then run Crit chance or something useful.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
ashton007

Post#32 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:52 am

Scottx125 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:05 pm
Bloodmasked wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:55 am

its not about aiming for any random value, you have to create the set that gives the most stats overall.
My dude, 1k str is not a random value, it’s the str cap and it’s the bare minimum. All you wannabes offering pretty bad advice, talk to iyvans ingame my friend. The #1 dps/ heal dok/WP, uses 1k str and full melee power. (Sentinel ring blood lord weapon genesis etc)
No point throwing out 1k STR when you're dead. And as a Grace WP you can't rely on someone guarding you. You class as a melee healer. Your tanks have 2 DPS they have to worry about. Your goal as a Grace WP is to get your heals to an acceptable amount, once you're there build up your survivability. Also you're incorrect about it being the "bare minimum". The softcap is 1050. You ideally want to aim for 900-950. With pots that'll push up to ~1050. Then your MP can boost it higher. Anything beyond that is a waste of points. If you were going DPS I'd say get just below the softcap, use STR pots to close the remaining 100 STR and then invest in WS tali's, wounds and crit chance in RR. But we're not talking about DPS WP. This is a Grace WP, a Grace WP heals through damage but you're not a DPS spec character. 700-800 STR will do. Should also note at 950 STR buffs and pots don't stack. So either run a pot of STR, or if you got a buff on you from KOTBS for example then run Crit chance or something useful.
“Waste of points” you obviously don’t understand the formula with melee power and str. I’m not surprised tho. Many do not. Melee power gives you str above the soft cap, meaning you could in theory end up with 1200 str on hits.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#33 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:40 am

ashton007 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:52 am
Scottx125 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:05 pm

“Waste of points” you obviously don’t understand the formula with melee power and str. I’m not surprised tho. Many do not. Melee power gives you str above the soft cap, meaning you could in theory end up with 1200 str on hits.
dude i have played both the highest possible dps shield and the most tanky builds, if you go dps then you literally will just die. it doesn't matter how much stronger you think your lifetaps are when you are punted and don't even have a target to lifetap from.

kam19080

Post#34 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:20 am

Once shield wp and dok build are not based on defensive status, they can not survive in orvr for being front line with no aoe dps pressure to enemies...if we give them a powerful aoe dps, no one want to play traditional melee dps...

Also, Healing for them should be in a reasonable fixed number... Just based on mastery points not str or a reasonable number based on denfendsive status...

Then the gear of them should be change to be a tank as all denfensive status...

However it will become a healing tank with no powerful cc and guard...

It may be overpowered, so that the healing of them should not be too high, just to be a sub healer and sub tank...

it will be more reasonable of a man holding shield to tank but not dps....slav is heal, wrath is dps, why not grace trends more tanky and not a half dps half heal when holding shield, dont it sound so strange?....

abezverkhiy

Post#35 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:27 am

Btw Sacrifice is based on mastery points not strength.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

ashton007

Post#36 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:58 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:27 am Btw Sacrifice is based on mastery points not strength.
Those abilities scale with str and all abilities scale with mastery points. Nothing in here but a bunch of bad wp/dok you never see for good reasons.