Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestion Knight of the Blazing Sun

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Battlefield

Re: Suggestion Knight of the Blazing Sun

Post#141 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:21 pm

sharpblader wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:41 pm Reflect build is not dead.
OYG that's all the Knight has left!

sharpblader wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:41 pm High WS is very good against def WEs because of their low strength and the fact they stack a lot of armor.
Even def WE has at least 750+ strangth, they stack bonuses of sets too.

sharpblader wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:41 pm Blazing Blade is very good against all enemies.
For WS needs Path of Conquest abilities not this Blazing useless blade now.

sharpblader wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:41 pm I will suggest you try solo knight you might be surprised.

:lol: with a shield maybe or you gonna suck !

Ads
ashton007

Post#142 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:45 pm

#buff2h kobs. Atleast give runefang back the str component, it wasn’t over performing at any point in the game, go ahead and un-neuter IB too.

Farrul

Post#143 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:42 am

Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm What you're asking for is unrealistic from a balance perspective. Buffing Kotbs would mean buffing chosen aswell, then you would complain that chosen is still more powerful because both classes have a different damage source despite being almost identical.

At this very moment KotBS is the best tank in the game while Chosen is the best solo roamer tank. Only reason being that chosen has spiritual damage and kotbs is mostly physical with some elemental here and there. Despite your tunnel vision belief, KotBS has more damage than chosen in certain situations where you need physical damage and it also has the key tactic which is a detaunt immunity. KotBS has the potential to be a great offensive tank, but it falls apart when players like you want to have it all without giving up anything. As another member pointed out, there are ways to have decent damage as kotbs but you just don't listen and go full monologue on each post.

In all honesty this looks like the classic order weekly whine thread, which is very hypocritical because as always, order classes are better than destro ones. It's just that you have grow accustomed to it and you want more and more. KotBS needs a nerf in utility because it's overperforming, or Chosen needs a buff to be on pair. But if the latter was the case it would cause a tantrum storm from people like you, despite being something necessary. Stay focused with tactic is ridiculously OP in combination with runnies and WP, yet you also want to do the most damage of all tanks. I don't know how you can't see this by yourself, even after 14 pages and multiple posts of people trying to reason with you, you can't see it. It will never cease to amaze me the mentality of some order players.
Posts like yours are unfortunately also heavily biased, sure there is Order bias but your post and post like yours are clearly equally or sadly more destruction biased and only distort the thread with toxic patronizing arguments, + they do not take nearly everything into consideration and exaggerate points. Just claiming ''Knight is the best tank in the game'' does nothing to address the fact that offensively, Knight is lackluster (no a few dots/reflect in solo roaming won't change this fact, the topic goes beyond solo roaming)

In the only context a Knight is indeed the best tank is as Warband tank in orvr (SnB) due to utility/auras. In Smaller scale (6 man/scenario) BG is considered the best tank and as already pointed out Chosen is the best in a solo roam context(less important from a balance point of view). But this isn't even about ''best tank'' but why Knight dps is lackuster, let's stay on topic.!

As this is a Knight thread and not a Chosen thread , let's be specific about a few things. The left tree dps -conqueror is clearly underperforming in comparison to all other tanks when in comes to damage output(not just compared to destro tanks, insert IB/SM so no faction bias indeed) . It has too poor dps performance for an offensive tree and that's also a fact, specifics being lack of a strong attack and support tactics for abilities(i.e suck channel attack/myrmidas fury , de-taunt tactic feels wasted when dps isn't there anyway).

The main issue with the knight( as you pointed out) is that the utility is considered to be over the top, thus it has been overnerfed offensively to try and balance it out. The problem is that this is a poor balancing approach and won't leave Knight players satisfied (Indeed who can blame them, have a ''no dps '' tank is boring when you commit to a character grind for so long and then stuck as utility tool for others ). I wrote this isn't a ''Chosen'' thread but for this reason you won't hear Chosens complain, because whilst their utility ''may'' be a bit worse it offers a complete package, decent in all roles and purposes.

So the +15% healing is considered overpowered , fine nerf/change (I honestly don't think many knights would mind, if they had better overall balance in different roles like a Chosen) but don't use it as an excuse for justifying the poor dps tree of the Knight. These things need to be looked at specifically and not in a generalizing manner, or the point is missed completely(i.e arguments about ''best tank'' are useless)

The other issue i can see is with Runefang, it gives weaponskill thus it naturally supports the left tree conqueror, but is placed high in the right (utility + elemental tree), makes no sense. There is a logical solution here, swap this and efficient swing location, or better yet put focused mending higher up in the right tree( less accessible for ''dps' knights'' ) and then efficient swing lower in the right tree ( that would mirror the placement of the same BG tactic):

tazdingo

Post#144 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:00 pm

Farrul wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:42 am snip
i agree with pretty much every practical point you made other that the fundamental one - that everyone find knight boring to play because he's a utility bot. it's simply not true

if somebody spends months grinding a knight expecting them to be an offtank powerhouse doing massive damage with a greatsword then that kinda sucks for them, yeah. but this server isn't new, knights identity isn't new and that person could have done a little prior research and learned that out of the 6 tanks to choose from, 5 were good fits for what they wanted to do

with their own disparity of course, chosen being pretty far ahead of everyone, but they can all do it to some degree in practiced hands. instead, they picked the one tank who wasn't suited for it and now want to change it. it's akin to starting with orks in 40k, trying to fight napoleonic style, complaining that you can't hit anything and then campaigning to have orks changed to remove some of their unique stuff in return for better BS

reynor007

Post#145 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:19 am

sharpblader wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:41 pm
reynor007 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:46 am
sharpblader wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:06 am
"Not going to keep feeding this troll thread."

Same. I stopped replying because OP is disrespectful.

Instead of flinging more mud back, I logged in on my solo 2h knight and solo defeated a WE and a solo roaming 2h Chosen.

The real shame is that with this attitude he will never learn how.
i think that you are a good player, but let's be honest, on a knight in the form that he is now, you will NEVER be able to kill chosen or WE, the same level of gear and level of play
Reflect build is not dead. With high WS OYG still does decent damage. Suns Blessing against WEs is very strong if you cover the blessing with Perseverance preventing them from severing it. High WS is very good against def WEs because of their low strength and the fact they stack a lot of armor.

Blazing Blade is very good against all enemies.

I'm sure when you played knight, spamming blazing blade was bad because at the time DoT would not tick if you continuously applied it. When they changed how DoT works it was a huge buff to Blazing Blade.

I will suggest you try solo knight you might be surprised.
zulnam wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:27 am
sharpblader wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:06 am Instead of flinging more mud back, I logged in on my solo 2h knight and solo defeated a WE and a solo roaming 2h Chosen.
Can you walk us through your rotation?
Give me some time I'll share a detailed post on rotation against each class.
you probably don't know why they nerfed my build, every second kobs solo ran in it
now it's just a faded shadow of what it was, at that time it was probably the most powerful 1vX class
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Kaeldrick

Post#146 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:29 pm

Why people always look at classes with a mirror in their hand?

What about IB + KotBS + SM vs BG + Chosen + BO? Imho it's a bit more accurate approach.

sharpblader

Post#147 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:04 am

Spoiler:
reynor007 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:19 am
reynor007 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:46 am

i think that you are a good player, but let's be honest, on a knight in the form that he is now, you will NEVER be able to kill chosen or WE, the same level of gear and level of play
Reflect build is not dead. With high WS OYG still does decent damage. Suns Blessing against WEs is very strong if you cover the blessing with Perseverance preventing them from severing it. High WS is very good against def WEs because of their low strength and the fact they stack a lot of armor.

I'm sure when you played knight, spamming blazing blade was bad because at the time DoT would not tick if you continuously applied it. When they changed how DoT works it was a huge buff to Blazing Blade.

zulnam wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:27 am

Can you walk us through your rotation?
you probably don't know why they nerfed my build, every second kobs solo ran in it
now it's just a faded shadow of what it was, at that time it was probably the most powerful 1vX class
I dont know your build

Battlefield

Post#148 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:47 am

sharpblader wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:04 am
Spoiler:
reynor007 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:19 am

I dont know your build
But you still haven't shown yours, 3 days have passed already. Rotation against all :lol:

Ads
normanis

Post#149 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:06 pm

runefang gived 240 str/weap/init and was awailable from 15 lvl. was too powerfull for 15 lvl.
byt new runefang is overnerfed and noone use it , because u will miss aoe snare tactic or vigilance. also aoe detount in so high in tree while bg has so low = really balanced???
why destro tanks has all coockies in same tree or low tree in athers. while kobs has so high and u never ever will spec it because of 2 important tactics for grp play (they where nerfed)
i dont mind remove +15 grp heals if kobs has aura to decrease by 25% enemy incoming heals.
why clases who never has armor pentration in their skill trees got armor pentration. byt kobs who need armor pentration loosed it?
engi/magus was already over buffed and dok dps never needed buffs it was good as hybrid or as dps.
someone hated runefang
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Battlefield

Post#150 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:39 pm

normanis wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:06 pm someone hated runefang
Chosen like it, even with a shield it is so good, a real daemonclaw :D