Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestion Knight of the Blazing Sun

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Battlefield

Re: Suggestion Knight of the Blazing Sun

Post#131 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:34 am

If i missed this question, if a Knight has shared his special tactic Runefang with a Chosen, so why the Chosen can not do the same? For example Mixed defence tactic or at least usable Runefang (Daemonclaw) tactic with a shield, as a Chosen may?

Ads
Amdus

Post#132 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm

What you're asking for is unrealistic from a balance perspective. Buffing Kotbs would mean buffing chosen aswell, then you would complain that chosen is still more powerful because both classes have a different damage source despite being almost identical.

At this very moment KotBS is the best tank in the game while Chosen is the best solo roamer tank. Only reason being that chosen has spiritual damage and kotbs is mostly physical with some elemental here and there. Despite your tunnel vision belief, KotBS has more damage than chosen in certain situations where you need physical damage and it also has the key tactic which is a detaunt immunity. KotBS has the potential to be a great offensive tank, but it falls apart when players like you want to have it all without giving up anything. As another member pointed out, there are ways to have decent damage as kotbs but you just don't listen and go full monologue on each post.

In all honesty this looks like the classic order weekly whine thread, which is very hypocritical because as always, order classes are better than destro ones. It's just that you have grow accustomed to it and you want more and more. KotBS needs a nerf in utility because it's overperforming, or Chosen needs a buff to be on pair. But if the latter was the case it would cause a tantrum storm from people like you, despite being something necessary. Stay focused with tactic is ridiculously OP in combination with runnies and WP, yet you also want to do the most damage of all tanks. I don't know how you can't see this by yourself, even after 14 pages and multiple posts of people trying to reason with you, you can't see it. It will never cease to amaze me the mentality of some order players.

Blacksuperman

Post#133 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:01 pm

Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm ...and it also has the key tactic which is a detaunt immunity. KotBS has the potential to be a great offensive tank,
Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm In all honesty this looks like the classic order weekly whine thread, which is very hypocritical because as always, order classes are better than destro ones.
Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm It will never cease to amaze me the mentality of some order players.
Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm Despite your tunnel vision belief, KotBS has more damage than chosen in certain situations
Some day, when i stopped laughing about this post, i gonna make a ranking which comment above is the funniest.

Btw, next time, at least try to hold your Realm Prime on a lower level ;)

Battlefield

Post#134 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:42 pm

Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm At this very moment KotBS is the best tank in the game while
:o

Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm KotBS has more damage than chosen in certain situations where you need physical damage
Kotbs does not have any armor penetration , to get it ! Even with what he has, a damage from the Chosen will be more.

Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm KotBS has the potential to be a great offensive tank
nonsense :D Even with detaunt dispel tactic Knight has too low damage

Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm In all honesty this looks like the classic order weekly whine thread
facepalm, i have about 15+ chars for both realms !

Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm always, order classes are better than destro ones
It's a delusion now !

Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm you want more and more. KotBS needs a nerf in utility because it's overperforming, or Chosen needs a buff to be on pair
As you wish :P Chosen has incoming heal debuff 25% aura for the Ranked it is too important thing , I wish a Knight had the same one instead of outgoing .

Amdus

Post#135 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:05 am

Blacksuperman wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:01 pm
Some day, when i stopped laughing about this post, i gonna make a ranking which comment above is the funniest.

Maybe yours end up second, since OP will be the first. Do you know how detaunt works? I guess not.
Spoiler:
Battlefield wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:42 pm
Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm At this very moment KotBS is the best tank in the game while

Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm KotBS has more damage than chosen in certain situations where you need physical damage
Kotbs does not have any armor penetration , to get it ! Even with what he has, a damage from the Chosen will be more.

Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm KotBS has the potential to be a great offensive tank

Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm In all honesty this looks like the classic order weekly whine thread

Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm always, order classes are better than destro ones
It's a delusion now !

Amdus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:13 pm you want more and more. KotBS needs a nerf in utility because it's overperforming, or Chosen needs a buff to be on pair
As you wish :P Chosen has incoming heal debuff 25% aura for the Ranked it is too important thing , I wish a Knight had the same one instead of outgoing .

-Kotbs is THE BEST TANK IN THE GAME. This really shouldn't have to be explained. Ofc for you isn't because a marauder hits harder and it shouldn't be like that. Kotbs should retain all its utility and hit like a Slayer. Make your next suggestion asking for rampage for the kotbs.

-Kotbs has runefang which gives weaponskill (armor penetration). Against any resistance buffed character, chosen will have to use cleave in example AM. You do know that arpen can only be mitigated by reduced arpen right? Chosen damage can be mitigated in many ways, plus chosen can be detaunted. Hilarious that this needs to be explained, shows that you're clueless not only about chosen but about game mechanics aswell.

-You can have 20 chars for all I care. Order making threads on a weekly basis asking for order buffs and destro nerfs is not a rare occurence, it's the new normal:

SW whine thread: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... 76&t=46102
WE complain thread: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... =8&t=47326
Shaman too strong for a WP whine thread: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... 15&t=46952
SW complain thread: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... 15&t=46854

And so on, at the pace of atleast 1 per week or 1 month with 40+ pages. The reason for all that shitposting is not a rational look at the situation, but rather a: "I died vs destro, buff my class."
In the head of order players, the idea that somebody is just better than you is unfathomable I suppose, so instead you always attack the "mirror" class, despite order having objectively better classes, something that only honest players will admit, obviously not you.

-How is it delusion? What destro tank gives 15% increased healing aura? None. What destro DPS can ignore all defenses? None. The reality is the same as some people pointed out, destro players on average happen to be better than order ones, that's the perk when you play the underdog, you "get good" or quit.

-Chosen has incoming heal debuff, cool. Knight has 15% increased healing AURA. Do you even know how debuffs work? You don't really believe that with a chosen and an outgoing heal debuff the actual healing is 25% right? :lol:

As I said, Knight has something better, but you want more, imagine my shock. This is the best post from the thread, but as the others you dismissed it and disrespected it. Shameful, that guy put some effort trying to be helpful:
Spoiler:
sharpblader wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:20 am
Battlefield wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:27 pm Even the Choppa with an advantage able to kill the Knight 70rr+ now, great work devs !

https://youtu.be/CKKt5Qov6Hs?t=165

https://youtu.be/MwfXOrE_I3Y

Same characters.

The knight is not using OYG, not interrupting FC, using a group oriented tactic build, not using full pots, uses challenge in a 1v1 and still wins.

For solo, in the current state, I would never recommend using the conquest tree at all on knight.

Here's what I run:

RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Last two points are flexible

Stand Strong and Gather Your Resolve as the base two auras, last aura depends on opponent. If they can heal, Nows our chance, if they are melee OYG.

Against IB/BG, you can drop GYR and keep both OYG and NOC up with SS.

Tactics: Emp ward, rugged, runefang and 4th is as per preference

Against AM/shamans and other non physical dmg dealers: emp ward, rugged, focused offense and bellow commands. Can switch rugged to unwavering faith if against spirit damage users.

Stat prio: Weapon Skill, Strength, Toughness/Wounds

WS is great against other solo builds that do not rack up cap strength ( looking at you def WEs) . With Runefang snd warlord gear you can reach about 50% armor pen and soft parry of about 50% to 60% with city weapon Nightless.

Can go into more details even against specific classes if interested.
Not going to keep feeding this troll thread.

sharpblader

Post#136 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:06 am

Spoiler:
Amdus wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:05 am
Blacksuperman wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:01 pm

Maybe yours end up second, since OP will be the first. Do you know how detaunt works? I guess not.
Spoiler:
Battlefield wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:42 pm

It's a delusion now !

-Kotbs is THE BEST TANK IN THE GAME. This really shouldn't have to be explained. Ofc for you isn't because a marauder hits harder and it shouldn't be like that. Kotbs should retain all its utility and hit like a Slayer. Make your next suggestion asking for rampage for the kotbs.

-Kotbs has runefang which gives weaponskill (armor penetration). Against any resistance buffed character, chosen will have to use cleave in example AM. You do know that arpen can only be mitigated by reduced arpen right? Chosen damage can be mitigated in many ways, plus chosen can be detaunted. Hilarious that this needs to be explained, shows that you're clueless not only about chosen but about game mechanics aswell.

-You can have 20 chars for all I care. Order making threads on a weekly basis asking for order buffs and destro nerfs is not a rare occurence, it's the new normal:

SW whine thread: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... 76&t=46102
WE complain thread: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... =8&t=47326
Shaman too strong for a WP whine thread: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... 15&t=46952
SW complain thread: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... 15&t=46854

And so on, at the pace of atleast 1 per week or 1 month with 40+ pages. The reason for all that shitposting is not a rational look at the situation, but rather a: "I died vs destro, buff my class."
In the head of order players, the idea that somebody is just better than you is unfathomable I suppose, so instead you always attack the "mirror" class, despite order having objectively better classes, something that only honest players will admit, obviously not you.

-How is it delusion? What destro tank gives 15% increased healing aura? None. What destro DPS can ignore all defenses? None. The reality is the same as some people pointed out, destro players on average happen to be better than order ones, that's the perk when you play the underdog, you "get good" or quit.

-Chosen has incoming heal debuff, cool. Knight has 15% increased healing AURA. Do you even know how debuffs work? You don't really believe that with a chosen and an outgoing heal debuff the actual healing is 25% right? :lol:

As I said, Knight has something better, but you want more, imagine my shock. This is the best post from the thread, but as the others you dismissed it and disrespected it. Shameful, that guy put some effort trying to be helpful:
Spoiler:
sharpblader wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:20 am
Battlefield wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:27 pm Even the Choppa with an advantage able to kill the Knight 70rr+ now, great work devs !

https://youtu.be/CKKt5Qov6Hs?t=165

https://youtu.be/MwfXOrE_I3Y

Same characters.

The knight is not using OYG, not interrupting FC, using a group oriented tactic build, not using full pots, uses challenge in a 1v1 and still wins.

For solo, in the current state, I would never recommend using the conquest tree at all on knight.

Here's what I run:

RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Last two points are flexible

Stand Strong and Gather Your Resolve as the base two auras, last aura depends on opponent. If they can heal, Nows our chance, if they are melee OYG.

Against IB/BG, you can drop GYR and keep both OYG and NOC up with SS.

Tactics: Emp ward, rugged, runefang and 4th is as per preference

Against AM/shamans and other non physical dmg dealers: emp ward, rugged, focused offense and bellow commands. Can switch rugged to unwavering faith if against spirit damage users.

Stat prio: Weapon Skill, Strength, Toughness/Wounds

WS is great against other solo builds that do not rack up cap strength ( looking at you def WEs) . With Runefang snd warlord gear you can reach about 50% armor pen and soft parry of about 50% to 60% with city weapon Nightless.

Can go into more details even against specific classes if interested.
Not going to keep feeding this troll thread.
"Not going to keep feeding this troll thread."

Same. I stopped replying because OP is disrespectful.

Instead of flinging more mud back, I logged in on my solo 2h knight and solo defeated a WE and a solo roaming 2h Chosen.

The real shame is that with this attitude he will never learn how.

reynor007

Post#137 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:46 am

sharpblader wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:06 am

Instead of flinging more mud back, I logged in on my solo 2h knight and solo defeated a WE and a solo roaming 2h Chosen.

i think that you are a good player, but let's be honest, on a knight in the form that he is now, you will NEVER be able to kill chosen or WE, the same level of gear and level of play
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

zulnam

Post#138 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:27 am

sharpblader wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:06 am Instead of flinging more mud back, I logged in on my solo 2h knight and solo defeated a WE and a solo roaming 2h Chosen.
Can you walk us through your rotation?
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
Battlefield

Post#139 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:25 pm

Amdus wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:05 am -Kotbs is THE BEST TANK IN THE GAME.
Knight was before nerfs and now it is bullshit !

Amdus wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:05 am -Kotbs has runefang which gives weaponskill (armor penetration).
Don't you read my previous messages? Runefang now is not reachable, if taking Myrmidia's fury and Smashing Counter abilities, but Chosen can get it all together similar abilities !
Besides before developers changed initiative in a Runefang tactic to weapon skill after my commment, was initiative and thoughness !
And Kotbs does not have any parry buff to get a Runefang/Daemonclaw so often as Chosen may !
Last edited by Battlefield on Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sharpblader

Post#140 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:41 pm

reynor007 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:46 am
sharpblader wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:06 am

i think that you are a good player, but let's be honest, on a knight in the form that he is now, you will NEVER be able to kill chosen or WE, the same level of gear and level of play
Reflect build is not dead. With high WS OYG still does decent damage. Suns Blessing against WEs is very strong if you cover the blessing with Perseverance preventing them from severing it. High WS is very good against def WEs because of their low strength and the fact they stack a lot of armor.

Blazing Blade is very good against all enemies.

I'm sure when you played knight, spamming blazing blade was bad because at the time DoT would not tick if you continuously applied it. When they changed how DoT works it was a huge buff to Blazing Blade.

I will suggest you try solo knight you might be surprised.
zulnam wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:27 am
sharpblader wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:06 am Instead of flinging more mud back, I logged in on my solo 2h knight and solo defeated a WE and a solo roaming 2h Chosen.
Can you walk us through your rotation?
Give me some time I'll share a detailed post on rotation against each class.