Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestion Knight of the Blazing Sun

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Battlefield

Suggestion Knight of the Blazing Sun

Post#1 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:33 am

Hello all, i have 84rr Kotbs and thoughts about...

After Runefang was nerfed and removed from core tactics, now is in the Path of Glory 11 points required on the place of the Mighty soul tactic, which is deleted completely too and Blazing blade ability does not do the same damage, as it was with Mighty soul tactic before, it seems after tests Blazing blade has physical damage now or not full magic damage, how should it be.

Kotbs has the main physical damage abilities is in the Path of Conquest and Runefang tactic
at first needed for them, not for Path of Glory! In other words, Runefang tactic is impossible to reach, even with Sov+2 points, if taking Myrmidia's fury and Vigilance but Chosen able to take similar abilities Oppression, Relentless and Daemonclaw tactic together !

Chosen can easy to use Oppression with Daemonclaw tactic in shield spec, it gives 50% parry (Mixed defences+Suppression) and almost permanent Daemonclaw tactic buff 160 strength and thoughness, so why the Kotbs can't have it too !?
if a Knight has shared his special tactic Runefang with a Chosen, so why the Chosen can not do the same?

Also, because Kotbs doesn't have a parry buff like the Chosen, i'm asking you to add Runefang shield block trigger.

Chosen can use wounds debuff with shield but Kotbs not btw !

RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

RoR.builders - Chosen

Even 2H Kotbs can't reach Runefang tactic, if taking Myrmidia's fury and Knock down ability Smashing Counter !

Also 2H Kotbs has the smallest damage in this game without any armor penetration after nerf and not viable, usefull only for premade because of buffs !

About detaunt dispel tactic, it needs for premade or ranked better.

Kotbs has less core tactics than any other class in this game, because of 2 core tactics was deleted forver and devs gave nothing in return !
And 2h Kotbs for me now almost dead class but i played for him over 2 years !

p.s After all changes you've made , Kotbs now is not so good how it was and requires detailed attention...

Shatter Confidence deleted, Mighty soul deleted, action points tactic from Path of Glory is deleted (forgot name and was good), Runefang removed from core tactic and nerfed, also Runefang similar tactic was added to Chosen.
Vigilance nerfed (Shield required), Stay Focused aura nerfed (no more ap but healing numbers low than Chosen has). Tried to nerf Emperor's Champion moral, i don't remember is it was 30 or 15 sec duration (now 15 and it seems was 30, also before devs made 2min cd instead of 1min but changed back) ? Besides Banish Darkness for shield was nerfed too.

Also in conclusion I want to say, i don't see now in the game 2h old Knight players at all,
who played almost from the start of the RoR server!
Last edited by Battlefield on Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:33 am, edited 19 times in total.

Ads
CyunUnderis

Re: Suggestion Knight of the Blazing Sun

Post#2 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:24 pm

Why do you want to play with Myrmidia's fury and Vigilance at the same time ? The Path of Conquest is for 2H and the Path of Vigilance is for S/B. Same apply for Chosen.

This is true that Runefang is not as good as it was and is not as good as Daemonclaw, but as a Knight, you have other better tactics. For example, Focused Mending, Slice Through and Banish Darkness are really good, and to me, every Knight should be playing with them. The last one is depending of the situation (Unstoppable Juggernaut, Overpowering Swing, Dirty Tricks, ...).

Also, the detaunt dispel tactic should not be used for premade or ranked... Other tactics are better and you are not going to do damage with Myrmidia's Fury or other skills (you need to gear defensively because you don't have access to parry buff).

Battlefield

Post#3 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:47 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:24 pm Why do you want to play with Myrmidia's fury and Vigilance at the same time ? The Path of Conquest is for 2H and the Path of Vigilance is for S/B. Same apply for Chosen.

This is true that Runefang is not as good as it was and is not as good as Daemonclaw, but as a Knight, you have other better tactics. For example, Focused Mending, Slice Through and Banish Darkness are really good, and to me, every Knight should be playing with them. The last one is depending of the situation (Unstoppable Juggernaut, Overpowering Swing, Dirty Tricks, ...).

Also, the detaunt dispel tactic should not be used for premade or ranked... Other tactics are better and you are not going to do damage with Myrmidia's Fury or other skills (you need to gear defensively because you don't have access to parry buff).
Because of it was my only solo/duo play build before nerf of Runefang and Vigilance (now shield required) .

Guard bot build for team play is so with small damage and it is not for small scale play.

Slice Through and Dirty Tricks is guard bot tactics for team, Focused Mending, Banish Darkness and this is standard core tank tactics

If you want to do at least some damage, you should use Precision strike and Myrmidia's fury, Blazing blade' s dot is easy cleansable and after removing of Mighty soul tactic that gave FULL magic damage of the Path of Glory abilities, Blazing blade is more uesless.

2H kotbs besides needs ws or armor penetration or armor debuff from other class to do damage.
Last edited by Battlefield on Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#4 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:38 pm

Battlefield wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:47 pm
CyunUnderis wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:24 pm Why do you want to play with Myrmidia's fury and Vigilance at the same time ? The Path of Conquest is for 2H and the Path of Vigilance is for S/B. Same apply for Chosen.

Because of it was my only solo/duo play build before nerf of Runefang and Vigilance (now shield required) .

Guard bot build for team play is so with small damage and i don't like it

Slice Through and Dirty Tricks is guard bot tactics for team, Focused Mending, Banish Darkness and this is standard core tank tactics

If you want to do at least some damage, you should use Precision strike and Myrmidia's fury, Blazing blade' s dot is easy cleansable and after removing of Mighty soul tactic that gave FULL magic damage of the Path of Glory abilities, Blazing blade is more uesless.
The shatter tactic nerf and the runefang nerf did truly hurt kotbs dmg output comparable to its counterpart chosen. How often do you see a viable 2 handed kotbs (rare), chosen/blackguard on the other hand. A lot. On live after 80 I went 2 handed for roaming with my melee wp friend and s/b for keep/large scale. Here in RoR I would never think about going 2 handed because the trade off even to my 3 man team isn't worth the other side of s/b for me.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

normanis

Post#5 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:42 pm

bring back runefang. just make ppl spec for it like 9 points in dps tree = problem solved.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

sharpblader

Post#6 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:50 pm

Spoiler:
Battlefield wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:33 am Hello all, i have 84rr Kotbs and thoughts about...

After Runefang was nerfed and removed from core tactics, now is in the Path of Glory 11 points required on the place of the Mighty soul tactic, which is deleted completely too and Blazing blade ability does not do the same damage, as it was with Mighty soul tactic before, it seems after tests Blazing blade has physical damage now or not full magic damage, how should it be.

Kotbs has the main physical damage abilities is in the Path of Conquest and Runefang tactic
at first needed for them, not for Path of Glory! In other words, Runefang tactic is impossible to reach, even with Sov+2 points, if taking Myrmidia's fury and Vigilance but Chosen able to take similar abilities Oppression, Relentless and Daemonclaw tactic together !

RoR.builders - Chosen

Also, because Kotbs doesn't have a parry buff like the Chosen 25%, i'm asking you to add Runefang shield block trigger.

About detaunt dispel tactic, it needs for premade or ranked better and the best place for this tactic is in the Path of Glory or the Path of Vigilance.

Kotbs has less core tactics than any other class in this game, because of 2 core tactics was deleted forver and devs gave nothing in return !
Also good tactic, that reduced action points cost was removed from Path of Conquest at all, it was even better than +5ap per aura tactic.

p.s After all changes you've made , Kotbs now is not so good how it was and requires detailed attention...
Runefang was very strong. 720 free stats every time you parry was pretty huge.

Chosens cant use Oppression with 2h weapon anymore and since then I havent seen a single one using relentless and daemonclaw with Oppresion.

Blazing blade DoT is supposed to do elemental damage and it can do decent damage ticks at 3 stacks.

You dont need runefang with SnB to be honest as others pointed out there are far better tactics for SnB builds.

Knight in groups is still arguably the best tank on order in both 2h and SnB. What they really suck at is doing direct damage but that doesnt mean they are bad. A direct damage buff imo will make the knight too OP given how tough they are despite the fact they lack the defensive buffs of other tanks. Mighty Soul was very strong despite the fact it caused the knight to take 15% extra damage from all sources but its removal was also more of a thematic decision because Order already has SM which does magic damage.

CyunUnderis wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:24 pm as a Knight, you have other better tactics. For example, Focused Mending, Slice Through and Banish Darkness are really good, and to me, every Knight should be playing with them. The last one is depending of the situation (Unstoppable Juggernaut, Overpowering Swing, Dirty Tricks, ...).

And that is the core problem with 2h Knights. Their support tactics are so good that you'd be daft to play anything else in groups. They are pigeonholed in that build and have almost zero freedom to do anything else as 2h. I would love to see them remove focused mending altogether just to see knights spec and do similar damage as Black Guards.

One suggestion would be to upgrade Overpowering Swing tactic to cause Arcing Swing and Myrmidia's Fury to do similar damage as BGs Crimson Death and Enraged Beating.

diegomess

Post#7 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:12 pm

knight does much more for their team and realm with their easy utility, and because they dont have a viable dps build they all play the same deftard build and doing the KD+super punt combo... i dont know how these knights get dopamine, i say give them more dmg but also give chosen more utility
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Battlefield

Post#8 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:15 pm

Emissary wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:38 pm
Battlefield wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:47 pm

Guard bot build for team play is so with small damage and i don't like it

The shatter tactic nerf and the runefang nerf did truly hurt kotbs dmg output comparable to its counterpart chosen. How often do you see a viable 2 handed kotbs (rare), chosen/blackguard on the other hand. A lot. On live after 80 I went 2 handed for roaming with my melee wp friend and s/b for keep/large scale. Here in RoR I would never think about going 2 handed because the trade off even to my 3 man team isn't worth the other side of s/b for me.
2H Kotbs needs armor penetration buff or parry at least

Ads
Battlefield

Post#9 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:28 pm

sharpblader wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:50 pm
Runefang was very strong. 720 free stats every time you parry was pretty huge.

Chosens cant use Oppression with 2h weapon anymore and since then I havent seen a single one using relentless and daemonclaw with Oppresion.

Blazing blade DoT is supposed to do elemental damage and it can do decent damage ticks at 3 stacks.

You dont need runefang with SnB to be honest as others pointed out there are far better tactics for SnB builds.

Knight in groups is still arguably the best tank on order in both 2h and SnB. What they really suck at is doing direct damage but that doesnt mean they are bad. A direct damage buff imo will make the knight too OP given how tough they are despite the fact they lack the defensive buffs of other tanks. Mighty Soul was very strong despite the fact it caused the knight to take 15% extra damage from all sources but its removal was also more of a thematic decision because Order already has SM which does magic damage.

Runefang was feature of the Kotbs only!

Chosen can easy to use Oppression with Daemonclaw tactic in shield spec, it gives 50% parry and almost permanent Daemonclaw tactic buff 160 strength and thoughness, so why the Kotbs can't have it too !?

As i wrote before,Blazing blade' s dot is easy cleansable and after removing of Mighty soul tactic that gave FULL magic damage of the Path of Glory abilities, Blazing blade is more uesless.

2h Kotbs for me now almost dead class but i played for him over 2 years !

CyunUnderis

Post#10 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:49 pm

Battlefield wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:28 pm 2h Kotbs for me now almost dead class but i played for him over 2 years !
:lol: Are we really talking about the best 2H tank order side in ranked/small call/WB ?