is dps WP a thing currently?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Lazsurus

is dps WP a thing currently?

Post#1 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:28 am

In most games I gravitate toward dps hybrid styles of play and was wondering how viable a dps based WP would actually be, Im fairly new to the game (only have 42 WL) and its ok but im trying to come up with what else i might find enjoyable. Any advice on gear/tactics/spec would be greatly appreciated

Ads
geezereur

Re: is dps WP a thing currently?

Post#2 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:00 am

Dps Warrior Priest in mid scenarios was the most fun time I had playing this game then I hit T4......prob keep lvl up your white lion.

Sofong

Post#3 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:18 am

if u have a tank buddy, yes.
i'd stick with da WL for dps tho.

Sinisterror

Post#4 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:43 am

RoR.builders - Warrior Priest This is "The Dps Build" for WP but shield is just so much more efficient. 2H WP used to be my favourite melee class along with WL but nowadays playing both just doesnt feel good. Espesially WL considering how good the burst and mobility was, and WP is missing AP based melee heals when using 2H:E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EhNwWzlFT0 Yoluigi has good dps wp clips=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Leecifer

Post#5 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:34 pm

What is the best combination of gearsets currently?

Do you still want a very slow weapon?
Montague
Rickless - WP
Fridge - IB
Clokwerk - ENGI
Katie - Shaman

inoeth
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:38 pm

vs melees dps WP is really really strong, almost unkillable. as soon as you can kite him, he dies

Ninjagon

Post#7 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:03 pm

Very good player with lots of personal skills and with end gear -> yes, dps WP is a thing.
Otherwise, nope.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Scottx125

Post#8 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:54 pm

Short answer? No.
Long answer? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

DPS WP isn't in a good place. At best if you want to be useful, you can run it as a Grace spec giving healing and some DPS pressure. 2H, unless it's 1v1 or 1v2 with a tank guarding you. You're pretty much useless. Any other DPS is better than you, they do more damage and have distance closers and more utility.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
Omegus

Post#9 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:33 pm

Lazsurus wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:28 am In most games I gravitate toward dps hybrid styles of play and was wondering how viable a dps based WP would actually be, Im fairly new to the game (only have 42 WL) and its ok but im trying to come up with what else i might find enjoyable. Any advice on gear/tactics/spec would be greatly appreciated
I should point out that "DPS Warrior Priest" and "melee-heal Warrior Priest" are two different things which is why you are getting such a wide variety of answers. Pure DPS Warrior Priest (with no healing) is pretty bad in general. Shield-spec melee heal Warrior Priest works pretty well in mid-tier and then drops off a cliff at rank 40 until you get your best gear towards end-game.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

inoeth
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:44 am

if you want to solo then dps WP is a beast! both 2h and shield is very strong