Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder pull......?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Cyrylius

Re: Marauder pull......?

Post#31 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:34 am

Pet pull with immune pet does seem good enough for me then
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
Amadon

Post#32 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:45 am

Cyrylius wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:49 am Then again, can't think of a good way of buffing it without changing the flavor. Cause pet isn't just gonna casually start behaving properly, or stop dying. CC immunity, but that could make it actually unstoppable.

In a lot of MMO, the devs gave a significant aoe dammage reduction to pets. It could be one thing to not having the pet being rekt by a sh*tload of aoe :) (and that could be useful in PvE, cause the pet just perma die. He take literally all of the aoe he can take. It's like a game for him...)

Garamore wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:10 am I get engi magneted more than anyone would ever expect.

Well, it's not like you're extract at 200ft+ from your warband - cause that **** happen too many often. Imo there is a diff between getting magneted with some of your mate at the same time, and getting mara pull all alone, in the middle of red name's.
All the leaders are very aware they have a target on their head. Hell, the first call we have his to focus some leader.

And refering at Dawolf's post, yeah, the github from 2019 say word for word that the marapull is not supposed to work this way (this link : https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/15104)

lumpi33

Post#33 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:51 am

Akalukz wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:46 pm I don't believe it is a bug, they changed the second range check because with 2 range checks the skill never fired. The 2-second "cast time" is there so it can be interrupted or break LoS, not to perform a 2nd range check.
Maybe it got broken during the internal ability overhaul. But it is kind of unlikely since the other range checks are working fine.

Now you can be pulled from 150ft away. Happens when the target tries to flee on a mount, the mara starts within 65ft and then starts running back. And there is no chance to defend it from behind since they buffed it to parry only some time ago which you can't unless you face the mara. Pretty rediculous for a free ability that every mara has, with no pre conditions like a pet or tactic or stance, with no mirror on the other side, that can be used while charging, that pulls you right in the middle of the destros where you can be knocked down right after.

Looking at the changes happened over the last year or two with all the buffs and nerfs whether they told us or not there seems to be a strong afinity to one side.

normanis

Post#34 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:36 am

Garamore wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:10 am
Cyrylius wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:49 am To be perfectly honest, perma marked warband leaders will get engi sniped, kotbs fished, mara pulled, bg 5s kd'd and punted, bw/sorc rotated, Fester arrowed, shammy puddled, AM dotted and zealot taloned anyway, and all the other classes will ChCh them. Taking away one issue is probably not gonna change much.
On the same note, I'm fine with buffing wl pull. Fancying is very fun for almost everyone involved and I truly belive order players would enjoy pulling garamar into blob a lot.
Then again, can't think of a good way of buffing it without changing the flavor. Cause pet isn't just gonna casually start behaving properly, or stop dying. CC immunity, but that could make it actually unstoppable.
I get engi magneted more than anyone would ever expect.
its can be true because enginer is only one who actually can pull something on order side. because wl has shitest pull of all posible pulls what exixt in this game.
and giving white lion player mara pull ppl pee. its just make pet even more useles. :cry:
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Routchino

Post#35 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:07 pm

Don't bring the marau vs wl discussion here (we know wl pull sucks, but we have other tools).
Stay focus on the marau pull subject and how to defend it.

Now that we all know, thanks to CyunUnderis :D , that marauder pull can be interrupt by taunt/silence. And taunt/silence, correct me if i'm wrong, being maximum 65 feets, is that fair to have a pull more than 65feets range ? A pull that can grab threw obstacles ? Shouldn't pathing behind a tree/rock/wall break the line ?

Would be nice to have dev vision on this.
And know if this https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/20338 is intended or will it be fix ?

Cyrylius

Post#36 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:33 pm

If we give aoe reduction to lion we should probably tie it to a tactic, i recall WLs having a crapton of absolutely useless tactics clustering the mastery trees
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Garamore

Post#37 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:52 pm

Routchino wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:07 pm Shouldn't pathing behind a tree/rock/wall break the line ?
Pathing behind a lot of stuff does break the pull - id bug report the ones that dont - probably needs testing though as a lot of people say I was behind xyz but they are still in clear view.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

CyunUnderis

Post#38 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:02 pm

Routchino wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:07 pm Now that we all know, thanks to CyunUnderis :D , that marauder pull can be interrupt by taunt/silence. And taunt/silence, correct me if i'm wrong, being maximum 65 feets, is that fair to have a pull more than 65feets range ? A pull that can grab threw obstacles ? Shouldn't pathing behind a tree/rock/wall break the line ?
Sure taunt is 65 ft. But if the people grabbed is a DPS or a Healer, Tanks should be closer to the Marauder, at least in taunt range, isn't it ?

Also, other spells that can control the Marauder during the pull are longer then 65 ft (RP's Stagger/Silence, SW's KD/Silence, BW's Silence, ...).

We can all agree on the fact that, at the moment, the pull is broken/bugged because it should stop when the target runs too far away or hide.
But I can't agree with people saying that this spell is gamebreaker and no one can do something too counter it, because this is not true.

Ads
Earthcake

Post#39 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:22 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:02 pm
Routchino wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:07 pm Now that we all know, thanks to CyunUnderis :D , that marauder pull can be interrupt by taunt/silence. And taunt/silence, correct me if i'm wrong, being maximum 65 feets, is that fair to have a pull more than 65feets range ? A pull that can grab threw obstacles ? Shouldn't pathing behind a tree/rock/wall break the line ?
Sure taunt is 65 ft. But if the people grabbed is a DPS or a Healer, Tanks should be closer to the Marauder, at least in taunt range, isn't it ?
No, they shouldn't. Or at least not all the time.

This pull is (mostly) not used when both parties are rushing to fight each other, in which case you r right tanks shld be closer.
It's mostly used to prevent order from fleeing and then the goal is that noone is 65ft from destro.

But anyways, whatever is done or not done to fix pulls they cannot be balanced, it's just not possible.
As soon as the blob is big enough, anyone pulled will instadie. But a solo marauder pulling an IB will result in nothing. How do you ever balance that ?

Detangler

Post#40 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:15 pm

Maybe WL pull should be a targeted magical ray for 2 seconds and then the pet teleports to the target at the end similar to marauder style of pull?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable