Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder pull......?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Routchino

Re: Marauder pull......?

Post#21 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:49 pm

Damn i delete my records. But you are wrong on that unless you can see threw obstacles... Had 3-4 videos showing people (including me) getting pulled threw tress, rocks and walls).
Also got twice pulled more than 100 feet away (probably sprint/charge from both sides) and that's really stupid (imo).

Ads
Garamore

Post#22 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:37 pm

You can't do it when you are out of range - you may look like you are out of range but behind the scenes the engine thinks you are in range. Same also with the line of sight check. Sometimes I think they are in line of sight but it still breaks.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Routchino

Post#23 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:01 pm

Are you saying you can't pull people more than 65 feet or just that you can't initiate the cast pull out of range ? (english not my native language sry)

Because i'm pretty sure that if you cast it at 65 feet and both, the marau and target, run in opposite direction it will pull.

Amadon

Post#24 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:57 pm

I played mara a few month ago, and when i logged back my mara a few days ago, the marapull is a lot different that i remembered.
Back in the day, when the target of the marapull went out of sight, and by that i don't say behind a tree or whatever, but just more than 65 feet away, the pull endend, because target was out of sight. Same with stairs and all. You're on a more elevated place than the mara, he can say adios to his pull.
But now, once the mara has you, you can't have a lot of option to evade this things. Hell last time i was on a elevated platform, the marz was on the ground, i saw a purple string on me, and bam, pulled.
Thats purely insane, and i'm pretty sure it is not intended to work this way.

DaWolf

Post#25 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:48 pm

Don't know why you try to argue !

https://youtu.be/k6HsWI3kDzY
From this bugtracker ticket : https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/20338

Start the cast at 65ft and you can go where you want you'll be pull... That's all.
Even the Mara can go far away from the pulled character.

Akalukz

Post#26 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:46 pm

I don't believe it is a bug, they changed the second range check because with 2 range checks the skill never fired. The 2-second "cast time" is there so it can be interrupted or break LoS, not to perform a 2nd range check.
-= Agony =-

Amadon

Post#27 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:37 pm

Well the thing is, imagine we're on Praag. I'm with my mara, i see ya, i start to pull you. You want to cut my pull by heading in a platform near you (the kind of platform with a fence or whatever you want who will bring you on a highter point).
The pull will bring you to me, no matter what. But hey, you broke the LoS.
And tbh, yes you can interrupt the damn thing, but since the mara can run away from his target when the pull is initiate, you're just caught in a Benny Hill situation...

If they wanted to change the timing of the double check, ok, why not, but right know, they're is an issue with the range and LoS of that things.

Or at least they need to do some change with the WL pull. Cause right now, destro have 2 heavy pull on 2 melee dps (Choppa et Mara).
- The Mara just need to be in sight of the target to cast the pull.
- The Choppa just move his arms on the top of his head.

In the other side, you have the WL, who need :
- To have a pet (and not all WL play with the pet, cause they want to chain pounce, and that is another subject),
- To be in sight of the target,
- The pet have to be near the target, and to be alive (cause let's be honest, when you see a lion run on one of your mate, you just kill the pet).
- Plus, if you want to optimize the thing, you need to have the tactic who increase the lion's speed by 50%.

Cyrylius

Post#28 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:49 am

To be perfectly honest, perma marked warband leaders will get engi sniped, kotbs fished, mara pulled, bg 5s kd'd and punted, bw/sorc rotated, Fester arrowed, shammy puddled, AM dotted and zealot taloned anyway, and all the other classes will ChCh them. Taking away one issue is probably not gonna change much.
On the same note, I'm fine with buffing wl pull. Fanboying is very fun for almost everyone involved and I truly belive order players would enjoy pulling garamar into blob a lot.
Then again, can't think of a good way of buffing it without changing the flavor. Cause pet isn't just gonna casually start behaving properly, or stop dying. CC immunity, but that could make it actually unstoppable.
Last edited by Cyrylius on Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
CyunUnderis

Post#29 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:46 am

Cyrylius wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:49 am Then again, can't think of a good way of buffing it without changing the flavor. Cause pet isn't just gonna casually start behaving properly, or stop dying. CC immunity, but that could make it actually unstoppable.
The pet is already immune to CC during Leonine Frenzy, during 10sc.

Garamore

Post#30 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:10 am

Cyrylius wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:49 am To be perfectly honest, perma marked warband leaders will get engi sniped, kotbs fished, mara pulled, bg 5s kd'd and punted, bw/sorc rotated, Fester arrowed, shammy puddled, AM dotted and zealot taloned anyway, and all the other classes will ChCh them. Taking away one issue is probably not gonna change much.
On the same note, I'm fine with buffing wl pull. Fancying is very fun for almost everyone involved and I truly belive order players would enjoy pulling garamar into blob a lot.
Then again, can't think of a good way of buffing it without changing the flavor. Cause pet isn't just gonna casually start behaving properly, or stop dying. CC immunity, but that could make it actually unstoppable.
I get engi magneted more than anyone would ever expect.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore