Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestions for 2h KOTBS build?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
fredrikhuhtanen

Suggestions for 2h KOTBS build?

Post#1 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:02 pm

Hey, I am brand new to Return to Reckoning and I would love to play a 2h KOTBS. What would be a good build to make that work? What auras should I keep up, what masteries should I take, what tactics and morales? I am aware that the KOTBS isn’t a dps class, I am fine with being a tank or hybrid, can you make that work with 2h (I just like the looks) or is it just significantly worse than sword and shield?

Thanks for any help, I really feel quite lost in this game so far.

Ads
CyunUnderis

Re: Suggestions for 2h KOTBS build?

Post#2 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:48 pm

Hello, my answer is for a 2h Knight in a party (no solo roaming).

Career build
If you need to be more mobile, Overpowering Sword can be swapped for Unstoppable Juggernaut.

Renown build

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;0;3;0;0;0

This is the base when you are playing 2h (4 Reflexes and 3 Futiles Strikes). When you have high RR, you can use 1 Quick Escape, Hardly Concession or Deft Defender. You can try a bit of everything until you find the build you like.

Auras
  • Stay Focused
  • Gather Your Resolve
  • Last one will depends : To Glory (AP) or Stay Strong (Toughness buff/debuff) or Press The Attack (Strength buff/debuff).
Gears

RR 4X

Before RR 5x, this is quite hard to play as 2H. Try to get all the Ruin set (PQ set), get enough armor and go tank Gundbad dungeon to get Redeye set and Crypt & Tunnel to get Sentinel set.

RR 5X
If you don't have enough Genesis, you can use : RR 6X and more

To edit for later

Talismans

For talismans, it will depends of your current gears, but try to get around 300 initiative. After that, you need enough HP (9k is decent). If you have room for more talismans, go for strength or toughness.

Good luck.

fredrikhuhtanen

Post#3 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:11 pm

Hey thanks, I really appreciate the detailed response, what sort of role does this build fulfill, dps, tank or hybrid?

CyunUnderis

Post#4 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:09 pm

fredrikhuhtanen wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:11 pm Hey thanks, I really appreciate the detailed response, what sort of role does this build fulfill, dps, tank or hybrid?
You'll be a tank, less resistant than the shield one, but with a bit more utility (punt every 10sc, debuff HP and debuff crit).

diegomess

Post#5 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:41 pm

are you prepared to be 100% predictable and only do KD+punt? this is called the classic no dopamine knight build.
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

fredrikhuhtanen

Post#6 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:54 pm

diegomess wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:41 pm are you prepared to be 100% predictable and only do KD+punt? this is called the classic no dopamine knight build.
Is 2h Ironbreaker more fun in your opinion? What do you think are the most fun order classes?

Azhag

Post#7 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:31 pm

fredrikhuhtanen wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:54 pm Is 2h Ironbreaker more fun in your opinion? What do you think are the most fun order classes?
Fun Is subjective.

Asmunder — 83+ IB
Asmundor — 82+ Chosen
Asmundus — 78+ KotBS
Asmundarion — 75+ SM
Asmundag — 73+ BO

And lots of other Asmund* toons.

fredrikhuhtanen

Post#8 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:33 pm

Azhag wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:31 pm
fredrikhuhtanen wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:54 pm Is 2h Ironbreaker more fun in your opinion? What do you think are the most fun order classes?
Fun Is subjective.
Yeah I asked "What is more fun in your opinion?" Asking for their subjective opinion, As a beginner it can be nice to hear different subjective opinions about what is fun, and see what sounds appealing ^^

Ads
Cyrylius

Post#9 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:42 pm

Small-scale kotbs (and chosen, if you're interested) is just a punt/kd bot. You have no damage to speak of (a lil bit for chosen) but you are essential in every group for the passive buffs you provide. So you do nothing and you are useful.
Ib (and bg, again) is very engaging to play cause you have the resource (and it's infamously hard on ib especially) to manage. Ib always has a CC to apply, buff to place, debuff to also apply, and if you somehow run out of ideas about what to do next you can dish out reasonable damage, provided you know your skills well. And then you realise that with all that piano playing on your keyboard and masterful battlefield control you're barely approaching the kotbs utility. Ib/bg is generally considered fun, but demanding. Kotbs is considered easy, but powerful.
The trinity is completed by BO/SM, which is fun and pretty easy but brings no utility. But you didn't ask about those.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Allie
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:06 am

fredrikhuhtanen wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:02 pm Hey, I am brand new to Return to Reckoning and I would love to play a 2h KOTBS. What would be a good build to make that work? What auras should I keep up, what masteries should I take, what tactics and morales? I am aware that the KOTBS isn’t a dps class, I am fine with being a tank or hybrid, can you make that work with 2h (I just like the looks) or is it just significantly worse than sword and shield?

Thanks for any help, I really feel quite lost in this game so far.
2h Kotbs is a free kill in small scale & 1v1 PvP imho, they are gimped vs other 2h tanks as Kotbs cant get high enough defenses compared to other 2h tanks,if you want to run 2h id suggest 2h IB & 2h SM, but if its just the rule of cool & you wont get mad if ya get killed then by all means go 2H kotbs & have fun.
but imho "or is it just significantly worse than sword and shield" SnB Kotbs is awesome & 1 of the best tanks for group play & even solo roaming if you have good gear