Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] What do you guys think about it?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
xablau55

[WP] What do you guys think about it?

Post#1 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:46 pm

Hello guys
I'm here to share some thoughts on how the warrior priest is currently performing. I've been playing with the class for a while now and looking at the current balance sheet, I feel like there's a huge hole in WP's gameplay. I don't want to say that it is a weak class, quite the contrary, it is well balanced, but deep down we know that something is missing... Here is an edit I made in photoshop just to make it easier to understand an idea that I had to slightly improve the performance of WP in small-scale combat. As you can see, I rewrote Sigmar's Wrath ability changing it from a buff to a KD with damage and merging the 25% stat increase in combat. I know the idea may seem weird, but think with me, with so much parry in the game and also the lack of mobility of the melee healers, a KD would help a lot, and for just 2 seconds it wouldn't have that much impact on the overall balance. Well, read and leave your opinion (sorry if my English is wrong).
https://imgur.com/gallery/s0VIeJX

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: [WP] What do you guys think about it?

Post#2 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:21 pm

Dps WP/Dps DoK problem is Fok/Judgement costs 15 Rf/Se. Before it was 15Ap and give 15 Rf/Se, our only hope to catch good kiter was killed with this change. Removing Sigmar's Radiance/Transfer Essence from dps builds but allowing it with shield whilst with shield you can also hit 3 people with DS/CE to heal 2-3k aoe... If dps dok/wp cant have SR/TE then Divinestrike/Consume essence should use AP and return 35 Rf/Se and dmg increased to 150% healing toned down to 75% of dmg done when using 2H/DW and it hits 2 people as well with dps.

Those 2 things are the main ones that gutted Dps wp/Dok (Dok got huge dmg and heal nerfs to Devour Essence and Aoe HD removed as well) Imo Guilty Soul should add 20% Dmg to Autoattack as well heal you or def target like it used to, but it would only heal 2 highest dealing dmg ones.

Sigmar's Shield if used on target attacking you they would take same amount of dmg than you get heals 05s ICD and 5 Rf Gained from every dmg tick 10 Rf lost every Heal tick. These kind of things would be enough to bring dps wp/dok up to better place.

KD or Charge is too much because then there would be no way to kill them, when they hit you they heal themselves, they have snare root break and immunity, so there has to be a weakness some way of killing them.

Am/Sh are different kind of dps healer/lifetapper.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Rydiak

Post#3 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:27 pm

Judgement was changed to have an RF cost when it was given a snare. Not sure what you mean by "our only hope to catch good kiter was killed with this change".
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Sinisterror

Post#4 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:35 pm

Rydiak wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:27 pm Judgement was changed to have an RF cost when it was given a snare. Not sure what you mean by "our only hope to catch good kiter was killed with this change".
FoK was changed as well but i quess logic is dok has snare covenant. I mean that with 2h/DW when you are chasing someone you are also using hots and cleanse and Fok/Judgement was only way to gain any Rf/Se while trying to catch kiter and doing some dmg while moving towards kiter and hoping Quick Escape Proc=) Im sure you know that Dps wp/dok dies very fast when they cant hit anything so only hope is to to spam fok judgement and keep moving because stopping when trying to catch someone is not good idea ,But it is inevitable and quite fast you run out of Rf/Se and cant literally do anything in this situation. Im sure every dps wp would be happy to remove snare if it was 15ap gaining 15rf again.

Edit; That 2 sec Snare was nice addition but cost imo is too much, even with the snare you will die from lack of Rf before reaching target. I understand you had alot to do with shield wp/dok? They are really nicely done, and remember that i was/am impressed how Melee Healer it really felt. But i now feel like Shield made Dps Wp/Dok alot worse and just having Block as only medium armor(understandably so because melee healers) healer and just having Block is SO strong.

Every skill that has been made for shield would work with 2H/DW and with small changes would be better for balance and the idea of Have to do DMG to heal not just hit someone to heal.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Scottx125

Post#5 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:07 am

Salvation is good. Grace is okay in small scale, not that useful in ORVR. Wrath is sub-par, it's worse that other DPS and doesn't bring good utility that other classes do better, it's only viable in small scale, duo or duels.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

DirkDaring

Post#6 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:03 pm

On live before they removed Divine Strike, it built righteous Fury, when they brought it back here they changed it to consume Righteous Fury, Judgemet on live had no snare component, and built RF, when they changed it here they added the snare, but made it consume RH instead . Fanaticism on live was a core tactic, then they decided to make it cost 6 points in wrath tree here, So many unnecessary changes made here to most classes.

Scottx125

Post#7 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:50 am

Actually a good point bringing this up since there will likely be balance changes coming in the future after the ability system is working. Salvation is fine, grace needs a little tweaking. Wrath imo needs a complete redesign. It doesn't fill any niche. Doesn't do the DMG of a DPS, doesn't have utility that other DPS don't have which they implement better, doesn't have a gap closer, doesn't have any meaningful CC. Think the first question that needs to be asked is what do ppl want Wrath to be? A debuff utility DPS spec, a pure DPS spec or something in-between?

Then you have to ask well if it's a DPS shouldn't it get the tools of other DPS? If it's a DPS utility class what would it's utility be?
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Voe

Post#8 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:04 pm

I played WP on live and overall like the changes to WP in ROR.

Proposed changes:

1. I don't like Judgement consuming R, but giving a snare. Snare is too short IMO. Either make it a higher snare percentage or longer duration. I would rather have Judgement return to its old version - cost AP, but build RF without the snare component.
2. Add speed increase component to Prayer of Righteousness. 20% over 5 seconds. Maybe roll that speed increase into the Divine Justice tactic in addition to the damage increase or make the Divine Justice tactic increase the speed by additional 10%. Maybe make it affect only the caster or make it similar to Leading the Prayer. When Prayer of Righteousness triggers by group mates it increases only the WP's run speed.
3. Remove Shield or Great Weapon requirement from some skills. This opens up more build options. Remove Shield requirement from Sigmar's Radiance, maybe even Sacrifice. Remove Great Weapon requirement from Hammer of Sigmar, Sigmar's Wrath, maybe even Soulfire.
4. Great Weapon requirement on Sigmar's Wrath limits the skill from being usable by builds other than Wrath. If the Great Weapon requirement was removed, I can see taking it with Salvation or Grace play styles to rebuild RF quickly with Smite. Maybe even change the skill to make the cooldown reduction affect skills from paths other than Wrath, but that might make it too powerful.
5. Guilty soul tactic should heal the defensive target like it was on live, but without resetting/overriding itself.

Ads
Scottx125

Post#9 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:10 am

Voe wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:04 pm Salvation or Grace play styles to rebuild RF quickly with Smite.
This is already a thing that WP's do. I want to see more synergy with a potential 2H grace heal build that utilises willpower rather than STR.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Ruin

Post#10 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:11 pm

The 20% slow is not enought in my opinion you can't event catch a goblin with run away tactic with it, and that means you will die. So you lost a way to build up RF, and slow does not provide a meaningfull debuf to be woth it.