Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Help me get back up to speed?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Mystriss

[SW] Help me get back up to speed?

Post#1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:43 am

I'm trying to get back into playing my SW... I should probably say "button mashing" at this point - I'm so out of practice I can't even remember what buttons do what half the time :lol: Anyway, I'm also woefully out of touch with the RoR changes. I had kind of glanced at some of them when they came out, but to be completely honest, I didn't pay that much attention because I didn't think I'd ever "seriously" play my SW again - back when RoR launched there was massive lag for me (in Alaska in NA so twice everyone elses,) and given SW squishiness combined with my [rather suicidal] in the thick of it all playstyle I figured it was a lost cause.

However, with the new hardware on the server and some other tweaks I'm beginning to think it's entirely viable for me to return to my beloved Sexy Boots on RoR. Oh how I miss them, and WAR as a whole. It seems like every other game these days hands out RDPS + heals - talk about easy mode. I loved WAR because it was harder, I loved melee Shadow Warrior because it was hard, I crave the challenge, ya know?

Anyway, so back in live I used to keep a list of all the changes to the class. I can't recall if I'd posted this on here or not, but if one is curious, here's the list from live:
Spoiler:
1.0.0 9/26/2008
1.0.1 10/2/2008
1.0.2 10/9/2008
1.0.3 10/15/2008
1.0.4 10/29/2008
1.0.4b 11/11/2008
1.0.5 11/18/2008

1.0.6 12/2/2008
* Point Blank: This ability will now correctly ignore Knockback and Knockdown immunity, as well as not
trigger it.

* All Shadow Warriors have undergone significant changes and will need to reallocate their Career
Mastery Points as a result.

* All stance abilities will now persist through death.

* Acid Arrow: The damage of this ability has increased. In addition, the buff icon for this ability will now
display actual armor debuffed, instead of percent.

* Assault Stance: While in Assault Stance, all +Ballistic Skill on items is considered to be Strength as well.
Additionally, the Assault Stance tooltip also now states that the stance grants Strength equal to your
Ballistic Skill from items.

* Broadhead Arrow: The damage of this ability has increased. The amount that stats contribute to the
damage of this ability has been slightly increased to make it consistent with other Damage over Time
abilities.

* Draw Blood: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been slightly decreased
to make it consistent with other Damage over Time abilities.

* Eye Shot: The damage of this ability has increased.

* Fell the Weak: The damage of this ability has increased.

* Festering Arrow: The damage of this ability has increased. In addition, the hotkey for this ability will no
longer light up when in Assault Stance.

* Flame Arrow: The damage of this ability has increased. The amount that stats contribute to the
damage of this ability has been slightly increased to make it consistent with other Damage over Time
abilities.

* Flanking Shot: The damage of this ability has increased.

* Glass Arrow: The damage of this ability has increased. The amount that stats contribute to the damage
of this ability has been slightly increased to make it consistent with other Damage over Time abilities.

* Hunter's Fervor: The radius for this ability has been increased to match similar group-based effects.

* Rapid Fire: The damage of this ability has increased.

* Shadow Sting: The damage of this ability has increased. The amount that stats contribute to the
abilities.

* Skirmish Stance: The buff granted to the Shadow Warrior when in Skirmish Stance will now allow
ranged auto-attack to fire while moving.

* Spiral-Fletched Arrow: The damage of this ability has increased.

* Takedown: The damage of this ability has increased.

* Throat Shot: The damage of this ability has increased.

* Vengeance of the Nagarythe: The cooldown for this ability has been reduced to 2 minutes. This ability
can now be trained at rank 10.

* Whirling Pin: The cost of this ability has been decreased, the cooldown has been increased, and the
ability can now be trained at rank 12.

1.1.0a 12/11/2008
~ Kobs/BG release

Hot Fix 12/17/2008
* CC Immunities added to Point Blank

* CC Immunities added to Instill Fear

* CC Immunities added to Vision of Torment

1.1.0d 12/19/2008
1.1.1 2/3/2009
1.1.2 2/22/2009

1.2.0 3/3/2009
~ Slayer/Choppa release

* Concealment: This ability's tooltip will now show the correct duration of the effect.

* Hail of Doom: This ability will now correctly do damage for the entire time that it channels.

* Centuries of Training: The damage done by this ability has been increased. The damage done will now
be Spirit damage, affected by the target's resists, which will not be increased by stats and cannot
critically hit.

* Assault Stance: The Strength and Weapon Skill bonuses from Assault Stance will now stack with other
Strength and Weapon Skill bonuses.

* Install Fear: The tool tip will now correctly list the radius of this ability.

* Outrider Patrol: This ability's tooltip will now show the amount of damage done.

* Split Arrows: You can now hit keep doors with Spiral-Fletched Arrow while this Tactic is slotted.

* Steady Aim: This ability's tooltip has been updated to better reflect what this ability affects.

* Takedown: This will now work correctly when the target has Root immunity (Freedom).

* The bonuses from Scout, Assault, and Skirmish Stance will now stack with other bonuses.

* Eye Shot: This ability can now be used while moving.

* Fell the Weak: The build time for this ability has been reduced to 0 seconds, but the cost has been
increased.

* Smoldering Arrow: The amount of damage added to Flame Arrow by this tactic has been increased.

* The Invader Set belts for the Squig Herder and Shadow Warrior featured a smaller than intended
Range bonus. The value of this bonus has been increased to +120.

Hot Fix 3/5/2009
* Takedown: This ability will now reduce the targets run speed by the correct amount.

Hot Fix 3/11/2009
* Keen Arrowheads: This Tactic will once again extend the duration of Takedown's snare.

1.2.1 4/16/2009
~ Introduction of Medallions to purchase armor

* Enchanted Arrow: The damage for Flame Arrow and Festering Arrow will now be correct when this
Tactic is slotted.

1.3.0 6/16/2009
~ LotD released

Hot Fix 6/22/2009
* Bullseye: This Tactic will once again function correctly. Note that the tactic will need to be un-slotted,
then re-slotted to begin working again.

Hot Fix 6/23/2009
* Enchanted Arrows: Fixed a bug that prevented Flame Arrow and Festering Arrow from bypassing
resistances.

1.3.0b 7/22/2009
* The following abilities have had their radius reduced: Distracting Rebounds, Hunter's Fervor, Instill
fear, Outrider Patrol, Penetrating Arrow, Rain of Steel, Whirling Pin, and Whirling Rage.

* Barrage: This ability's cost and damage have been reduced, and its build time removed. The ability will
now hit all players in a line in front of the player.

* Flame Arrow: This ability's cost and damage have been reduced, and its build time removed.

* Glass Arrow: This ability's cooldown has been reduced, and its damage-over-time component
removed. This ability is now a target-area-of-effect direct damage.

* Lileath's Arrow: This ability's radius, width, and damage have been reduced.

* Smoldering Arrows: This ability's bonus damage to Flame Arrow has been reduced.

* Split Arrows: This ability's radius has been reduced. Spiral Fletched Arrows will now do 30% less
damage when this Tactic is slotted.

* Sweeping Slash: Reduced the ability's radius and damage, and increased the cost.

* Bullseye: This Tactic will now correctly proc.

* Keen Arrowheads: The duration of the snare on the ability "Takedown" will now upgrade properly with
this Tactic slotted.

1.3.1 8/18/2009
* Bullseye: Fixed a bug in which some abilities would not trigger the effects of this Tactic.

* Leading Shots: Fixed a bug in which some abilities would not trigger the effects of this Tactic.

* Takedown: Snare can now be removed by abilities that remove snare. Additionally, this ability will now
do damage when the target is immune to snares.

Hot Fix 8/26/2009
* Bullseye: Fixed an issue which prevents this Tactic from working properly.

1.3.2 10/15/2009
~ New User Journey Introduced

* Due to the nature of the changes in this update, all Shadow Warriors have had their Mastery and
Renown abilities refunded.

* Enchanted Arrows: This Tactic is now available seven steps into the Path of the Scout.

* Exploit Weakness: The stun on this ability has been converted into a knockdown.

* Instill Fear: This Morale ability will now deal point-blank area-of-effect damage and stagger the
affected targets.

* Leading Shots: This Tactic is now available at Rank 37.

* No Quarter: This Tactic has been redesigned, and now decreases the build time and increases the
Action Point cost of Eagle Eye. It is now available three steps into the Path of the Scout.

* Opportunistic Strike: This ability's damage has been increased, and the disarm duration has been
reduced.

* Throat Shot: The duration of this ability's silence effect has been reduced.

* Blood Soaked War: This Tactic will now work properly when multiple targets are killed.

* Leading Shot: This Tactic will now work correctly with ranged attacks.

* Takedown: The animation for this ability will now play correctly.

1.3.3 12/2/2009
~ Underdog System Introduced

* Fixed numerous tooltip related issues.

* Flame Arrow: Fixed an issue that prevented the Area-of-Effect portion of this ability from going
through the proper defense checks.

* Glass Arrow: Fixed an issue that prevented the Area-of-Effect portion of this ability from going through
the proper defense checks.

1.3.4 2/2/2010
~ Emblems for weapons introduced

* Flanking Shot: The build time has been removed from this ability.

* Fixed issues with various tooltip descriptions.

* Acid Arrow: The debuff from this ability is now classified as an Ailment.

* Enchanted Arrows: Fixed an issue in which this tactic would not reduce resistances properly for Flame
Arrow and Festering Arrow

* Flame Arrow: Fixed an issue in which this ability would deal the incorrect amount of damage with the
tactic "Enchanted Arrows" slotted.

1.3.5 5/18/2010
* Swift Strikes: Fixed an issue in which this ability would not always play the hit effect and sound.

* Barrage: Fixed an issue that prevented the arrow animation of this ability from being seen by the
player.

* Assault Stance: The armor buff from this ability will now always be exactly equal to the player's total
armor from items. This fixes an issue in which the player's armor value would be increased by 100%
after armor debuffs were calculated.

1.3.6 8/16/2010
* Expert Skirmisher: This Archetype Tactic has been redesigned and will now reduce cast times when
under 20 feet from your target.

* Due to the nature of the changes in this update, all Shadow Warriors have had their Mastery and
Renown training refunded.

* Minimum range has been removed from all abilities.

* Assault Stance: When in this Stance, the Shadow Warrior will now also gain Melee Power equal to
their Ranged Power from items, and Melee Critical chance equal to their Ranged Critical chance from
items.

* Charge Forth: This Tactic has been renamed to Powerful Draw, and will now increase the range of
Skirmish abilities.

* No Respite: This Tactic is now available at seven points into the Path of Assault and will now increase
damage when under 45 feet from your target.

* Sinister Assault: This Tactic is now available at three points into the Path of Assault.

* Broadhead Arrow: Fixed an issue with this ability where it was unable to be defended against.

* Draw Blood: Fixed an issue with this ability where it was unable to be defended against.

* Shadow Sting: Fixed an issue with this ability where it was unable to be defended against.

** Unconfirmed by Mythic patch notes, but it is said that armor debuff procs from weapons (Hallowed
Memories, etc) no longer stack with Acid Arrow.

1.4 11/18/2010
~ oRvR changes introduced
~ Playable Skaven introduced
~ RR100 introduced
~ RR81-100 stat scaling introduced

* Due to the nature of the changes in this update, all Careers have had their Mastery and Renown
training refunded.

* All Passive Renown abilities are now available to purchase from the start. Each Renown ability can
have up to 5 levels of effectiveness. Each level requires the previous level to be purchased.

* New Active Renown abilities are now available along with "Resolute Defense." Each Renown ability
can have up to 3 levels of effectiveness. Each level requires the previous level to be purchased and the
initial purchase requires Renown Rank 20.

* Players that have purchased the Progression Pack will find that their Renown gain has been boosted
for Renown Ranks 0-80.

* Players will gain a +1 Bonus to All Mastery Levels at level 84, 88, 92, 96, and 100.

* Fixed an issue where applying a Damage-over-time ability immediately after using a Detaunt ability on
your target would not correctly remove the Detaunt Ability.

1.4.2 4/19/2011
* Distracting Shot: This ability can no longer be activated while under the effects of a silence.

1.4.3 6/21/2011
* Due to the nature of the changes in this update, the Shadow Warrior Career has had their Mastery and

* Bullseye: This tactic is now available at rank 35.

* Instinctive Aim: This tactic is now available at rank 33. The tactic increases Strength, Ballistic Skill, and
Weapon Skill; while reducing Toughness.

~~~~

* Whirling Pin will now snare targets in a Point-Blank Area of Effect and knock the Shadow Warrior
directly back. The knock back requires that you hit a target with the snare. This ability will cost 0 Action
Points. You will not be able to fire it without enemies around.

* Fixed an issue in which Festering Arrow and Brutal Assault were not correctly processing damage.
You'll see a slight increase in base damage, but not damage gained from stat.

* Vengeance of Nagarythe will no longer interact with abilities. The cooldown will be 30s and provide a
25% boost to damage dealt for 10s.

* Fell the Weak will gain a base damage increase.

* Flanking Shot will no longer interact with Vengeance of Nagarythe. The chance to deal critical damage
with this ability will scale based on your target's health. For example; if your target is at 14% health, your
chance to deal critical damage will be increased by 86%.

* Takedown will no longer interact with Vengeance of Nagarythe. This means it will no longer knock
down targets.

* Glass Arrow received a complete redesign. It will now deal damage to a single target and reduce the
range of their abilities. It will reduce the range to 75% of the intended range(including their positive
modifiers). For clarification, range is the distance in which the ability will fire on the target and is not to
be confused with radius.

* Eye Shot will knock down the target for 3s and the cool down is 20s. Initiative buff stays the same. No
Keen Arrows interaction to increase the Knock down duration. Right now it is going to remain Skirmish
only.

So I'm hoping at least one of ya more serious SW player's have paid better attention to these changes and have some free time help me update my list and get myself up to speed again. My search of the server logs and patch notes hasn't been exactly helpful - especially for stuff that changed game mechanics as a whole, rather than specifically just Shadow Warrior's. I suppose in live I had a whole harem of Shadow Warriors to help me go through all the changes; what they loved... [mostly hated to be frank - the devs in live really seemed to hate the Sexy Boots heh] but now I'm doing this on my own and feeling quite overwhelmed with trying to parse through it all and actually put it into game play - especially difficult considering my SW is only 26 yet. My husband's got a 40 but he's not exactly helpful (he expects /me/ to keep him informed :D)

Thanks to anyone who can help! <3

Ads
lastalien

Re: [SW] Help me get back up to speed?

Post#2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:56 am

Dont play SW. Dev kill old SW and give you crappy replacement with melee base. Like a melee sw now can stuck good debuff with conc gear.
Petitbras (SW), Threeend (BW), Arrgoor (SL), Popovich (KoTBs), Semenich (Eng), Ancle (WP), Lastalien (WL), Alienessa (AM)

Movies

Ugle

Post#3 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:37 am

inactive

Karl

Post#4 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:48 am

Welcome back to WAR Mystriss - really enjoyed your vids and guides way back when :) Assault SW is good fun atm, but high lvl and gear really helps :) I played mine skirm/scout for a long time, still not got the bis gear :)

Wb mate!
K

Elftwin95

Post#5 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:54 am

Welcome back! Great to hear you that you will be playing! Take the time to re familiarize yourself is my tip. Also, do not be too hard on yourself if you face some resistance with relearning.

May your aim be ever true!

-Eldoir :)
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

Mystriss

Post#6 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:51 pm

ooooo Thank you for that linky ~bookmarked~

Mystriss

Post#7 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:10 pm

Karl wrote:Welcome back to WAR Mystriss - really enjoyed your vids and guides way back when :) Assault SW is good fun atm, but high lvl and gear really helps :) I played mine skirm/scout for a long time, still not got the bis gear :)

Wb mate!
K
Aww thanks, I'm always happy to hear folks enjoyed them, that's why I did them :)

I'm actually thinking about going Skirmish since it seems to be the "least loved" spec at the moment. While it's not exactly common knowledge, my sexy boots are actually pretty good at kiting. I think there's only two videos that even reference my escape artist ways ;)

Though I'll be holding off on gear as long as I can. It was end game gear that killed WAR for me personally, after I got it and hit RR80 the game went easy mode on me and I've just never been into that. (Also why I'll probably be rocking an ultra squishy skirmish/scout kite build ~giggles in anticipation~)

Mystriss

Post#8 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:31 pm

Elftwin95 wrote:Welcome back! Great to hear you that you will be playing! Take the time to re familiarize yourself is my tip. Also, do not be too hard on yourself if you face some resistance with relearning.

May your aim be ever true!

-Eldoir :)
Yeah I mostly just laugh at myself when I make stupid mistakes, at least on the sexy boots... I do get mad at myself when I mess up on my RP cause people who are counting on me die. On the boots though its all good, I've probably died a million different stupid ways.. Heck I used to have my alliance mates throw me into the middle of enemy warband's for shits n giggles. Its all about blowing dem pointed kisses to my frienimes for me.

I'm thrilled to be back because it just so happens one of my favorite guilds is playing RoR now too! Gaiscioch <3 There really aren't words for how much respect I have for Fog and everything he does for his peeps. I'm totally envious because he is everything that I had always wanted to be as a guild leader/warband leader/community leader - but I couldn't cut the mustard. Plus he's the only leader /ever/ that Ruthlos [who's epic rages about poor leadership are so legendary that he's been banned from every guild single voice chat, in every single guild we've ever joined] agrees with 99% of the time. o.O It's so quiet in here when we're playing with GSCH wbs that I have to look over my shoulder once in a while to make sure he's is still alive :lol:

Ads
Manatikik

Post#9 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:29 pm

Mystriss wrote:I'm trying to get back into playing my SW... I should probably say "button mashing" at this point - I'm so out of practice I can't even remember what buttons do what half the time :lol: Anyway, I'm also woefully out of touch with the RoR changes. I had kind of glanced at some of them when they came out, but to be completely honest, I didn't pay that much attention because I didn't think I'd ever "seriously" play my SW again - back when RoR launched there was massive lag for me (in Alaska in NA so twice everyone elses,) and given SW squishiness combined with my [rather suicidal] in the thick of it all playstyle I figured it was a lost cause.

However, with the new hardware on the server and some other tweaks I'm beginning to think it's entirely viable for me to return to my beloved Sexy Boots on RoR. Oh how I miss them, and WAR as a whole. It seems like every other game these days hands out RDPS + heals - talk about easy mode. I loved WAR because it was harder, I loved melee Shadow Warrior because it was hard, I crave the challenge, ya know?

Anyway, so back in live I used to keep a list of all the changes to the class. I can't recall if I'd posted this on here or not, but if one is curious, here's the list from live:
Spoiler:
1.0.0 9/26/2008
1.0.1 10/2/2008
1.0.2 10/9/2008
1.0.3 10/15/2008
1.0.4 10/29/2008
1.0.4b 11/11/2008
1.0.5 11/18/2008

1.0.6 12/2/2008
* Point Blank: This ability will now correctly ignore Knockback and Knockdown immunity, as well as not
trigger it.

* All Shadow Warriors have undergone significant changes and will need to reallocate their Career
Mastery Points as a result.

* All stance abilities will now persist through death.

* Acid Arrow: The damage of this ability has increased. In addition, the buff icon for this ability will now
display actual armor debuffed, instead of percent.

* Assault Stance: While in Assault Stance, all +Ballistic Skill on items is considered to be Strength as well.
Additionally, the Assault Stance tooltip also now states that the stance grants Strength equal to your
Ballistic Skill from items.

* Broadhead Arrow: The damage of this ability has increased. The amount that stats contribute to the
abilities.

* Draw Blood: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been slightly decreased
to make it consistent with other Damage over Time abilities.

* Eye Shot: The damage of this ability has increased.

* Fell the Weak: The damage of this ability has increased.

* Festering Arrow: The damage of this ability has increased. In addition, the hotkey for this ability will no
longer light up when in Assault Stance.

* Flame Arrow: The damage of this ability has increased. The amount that stats contribute to the
abilities.

* Flanking Shot: The damage of this ability has increased.

* Glass Arrow: The damage of this ability has increased. The amount that stats contribute to the damage
of this ability has been slightly increased to make it consistent with other Damage over Time abilities.

* Hunter's Fervor: The radius for this ability has been increased to match similar group-based effects.

* Rapid Fire: The damage of this ability has increased.

* Shadow Sting: The damage of this ability has increased. The amount that stats contribute to the
abilities.

* Skirmish Stance: The buff granted to the Shadow Warrior when in Skirmish Stance will now allow
ranged auto-attack to fire while moving.

* Spiral-Fletched Arrow: The damage of this ability has increased.

* Takedown: The damage of this ability has increased.

* Throat Shot: The damage of this ability has increased.

* Vengeance of the Nagarythe: The cooldown for this ability has been reduced to 2 minutes. This ability
can now be trained at rank 10.

* Whirling Pin: The cost of this ability has been decreased, the cooldown has been increased, and the
ability can now be trained at rank 12.

1.1.0a 12/11/2008
~ Kobs/BG release

Hot Fix 12/17/2008
* CC Immunities added to Point Blank

* CC Immunities added to Instill Fear

* CC Immunities added to Vision of Torment

1.1.0d 12/19/2008
1.1.1 2/3/2009
1.1.2 2/22/2009

1.2.0 3/3/2009
~ Slayer/Choppa release

* Concealment: This ability's tooltip will now show the correct duration of the effect.

* Hail of Doom: This ability will now correctly do damage for the entire time that it channels.

* Centuries of Training: The damage done by this ability has been increased. The damage done will now
be Spirit damage, affected by the target's resists, which will not be increased by stats and cannot
critically hit.

* Assault Stance: The Strength and Weapon Skill bonuses from Assault Stance will now stack with other
Strength and Weapon Skill bonuses.

* Install Fear: The tool tip will now correctly list the radius of this ability.

* Outrider Patrol: This ability's tooltip will now show the amount of damage done.

* Split Arrows: You can now hit keep doors with Spiral-Fletched Arrow while this Tactic is slotted.

* Steady Aim: This ability's tooltip has been updated to better reflect what this ability affects.

* Takedown: This will now work correctly when the target has Root immunity (Freedom).

* The bonuses from Scout, Assault, and Skirmish Stance will now stack with other bonuses.

* Eye Shot: This ability can now be used while moving.

* Fell the Weak: The build time for this ability has been reduced to 0 seconds, but the cost has been
increased.

* Smoldering Arrow: The amount of damage added to Flame Arrow by this tactic has been increased.

* The Invader Set belts for the Squig Herder and Shadow Warrior featured a smaller than intended
Range bonus. The value of this bonus has been increased to +120.

Hot Fix 3/5/2009
* Takedown: This ability will now reduce the targets run speed by the correct amount.

Hot Fix 3/11/2009
* Keen Arrowheads: This Tactic will once again extend the duration of Takedown's snare.

1.2.1 4/16/2009
~ Introduction of Medallions to purchase armor

* Enchanted Arrow: The damage for Flame Arrow and Festering Arrow will now be correct when this
Tactic is slotted.

1.3.0 6/16/2009
~ LotD released

Hot Fix 6/22/2009
* Bullseye: This Tactic will once again function correctly. Note that the tactic will need to be un-slotted,
then re-slotted to begin working again.

Hot Fix 6/23/2009
* Enchanted Arrows: Fixed a bug that prevented Flame Arrow and Festering Arrow from bypassing
resistances.

1.3.0b 7/22/2009
* The following abilities have had their radius reduced: Distracting Rebounds, Hunter's Fervor, Instill
fear, Outrider Patrol, Penetrating Arrow, Rain of Steel, Whirling Pin, and Whirling Rage.

* Barrage: This ability's cost and damage have been reduced, and its build time removed. The ability will
now hit all players in a line in front of the player.

* Flame Arrow: This ability's cost and damage have been reduced, and its build time removed.

* Glass Arrow: This ability's cooldown has been reduced, and its damage-over-time component
removed. This ability is now a target-area-of-effect direct damage.

* Lileath's Arrow: This ability's radius, width, and damage have been reduced.

* Smoldering Arrows: This ability's bonus damage to Flame Arrow has been reduced.

* Split Arrows: This ability's radius has been reduced. Spiral Fletched Arrows will now do 30% less
damage when this Tactic is slotted.

* Sweeping Slash: Reduced the ability's radius and damage, and increased the cost.

* Bullseye: This Tactic will now correctly proc.

* Keen Arrowheads: The duration of the snare on the ability "Takedown" will now upgrade properly with
this Tactic slotted.

1.3.1 8/18/2009
* Bullseye: Fixed a bug in which some abilities would not trigger the effects of this Tactic.

* Leading Shots: Fixed a bug in which some abilities would not trigger the effects of this Tactic.

* Takedown: Snare can now be removed by abilities that remove snare. Additionally, this ability will now
do damage when the target is immune to snares.

Hot Fix 8/26/2009
* Bullseye: Fixed an issue which prevents this Tactic from working properly.

1.3.2 10/15/2009
~ New User Journey Introduced

Renown abilities refunded.

* Enchanted Arrows: This Tactic is now available seven steps into the Path of the Scout.

* Exploit Weakness: The stun on this ability has been converted into a knockdown.

* Instill Fear: This Morale ability will now deal point-blank area-of-effect damage and stagger the
affected targets.

* Leading Shots: This Tactic is now available at Rank 37.

* No Quarter: This Tactic has been redesigned, and now decreases the build time and increases the
Action Point cost of Eagle Eye. It is now available three steps into the Path of the Scout.

* Opportunistic Strike: This ability's damage has been increased, and the disarm duration has been
reduced.

* Throat Shot: The duration of this ability's silence effect has been reduced.

* Blood Soaked War: This Tactic will now work properly when multiple targets are killed.

* Leading Shot: This Tactic will now work correctly with ranged attacks.

* Takedown: The animation for this ability will now play correctly.

1.3.3 12/2/2009
~ Underdog System Introduced

* Fixed numerous tooltip related issues.

* Flame Arrow: Fixed an issue that prevented the Area-of-Effect portion of this ability from going
through the proper defense checks.

* Glass Arrow: Fixed an issue that prevented the Area-of-Effect portion of this ability from going through
the proper defense checks.

1.3.4 2/2/2010
~ Emblems for weapons introduced

* Flanking Shot: The build time has been removed from this ability.

* Fixed issues with various tooltip descriptions.

* Acid Arrow: The debuff from this ability is now classified as an Ailment.

* Enchanted Arrows: Fixed an issue in which this tactic would not reduce resistances properly for Flame
Arrow and Festering Arrow

* Flame Arrow: Fixed an issue in which this ability would deal the incorrect amount of damage with the
tactic "Enchanted Arrows" slotted.

1.3.5 5/18/2010
* Swift Strikes: Fixed an issue in which this ability would not always play the hit effect and sound.

* Barrage: Fixed an issue that prevented the arrow animation of this ability from being seen by the
player.

* Assault Stance: The armor buff from this ability will now always be exactly equal to the player's total
armor from items. This fixes an issue in which the player's armor value would be increased by 100%
after armor debuffs were calculated.

1.3.6 8/16/2010
* Expert Skirmisher: This Archetype Tactic has been redesigned and will now reduce cast times when
under 20 feet from your target.

* Minimum range has been removed from all abilities.

* Assault Stance: When in this Stance, the Shadow Warrior will now also gain Melee Power equal to
their Ranged Power from items, and Melee Critical chance equal to their Ranged Critical chance from
items.

* Charge Forth: This Tactic has been renamed to Powerful Draw, and will now increase the range of
Skirmish abilities.

* No Respite: This Tactic is now available at seven points into the Path of Assault and will now increase
damage when under 45 feet from your target.

* Sinister Assault: This Tactic is now available at three points into the Path of Assault.

* Broadhead Arrow: Fixed an issue with this ability where it was unable to be defended against.

* Draw Blood: Fixed an issue with this ability where it was unable to be defended against.

* Shadow Sting: Fixed an issue with this ability where it was unable to be defended against.

** Unconfirmed by Mythic patch notes, but it is said that armor debuff procs from weapons (Hallowed
Memories, etc) no longer stack with Acid Arrow.

1.4 11/18/2010
~ oRvR changes introduced
~ Playable Skaven introduced
~ RR100 introduced
~ RR81-100 stat scaling introduced

* Due to the nature of the changes in this update, all Careers have had their Mastery and Renown
training refunded.

* All Passive Renown abilities are now available to purchase from the start. Each Renown ability can
have up to 5 levels of effectiveness. Each level requires the previous level to be purchased.

* New Active Renown abilities are now available along with "Resolute Defense." Each Renown ability
can have up to 3 levels of effectiveness. Each level requires the previous level to be purchased and the
initial purchase requires Renown Rank 20.

* Players that have purchased the Progression Pack will find that their Renown gain has been boosted
for Renown Ranks 0-80.

* Players will gain a +1 Bonus to All Mastery Levels at level 84, 88, 92, 96, and 100.

* Fixed an issue where applying a Damage-over-time ability immediately after using a Detaunt ability on
your target would not correctly remove the Detaunt Ability.

1.4.2 4/19/2011
* Distracting Shot: This ability can no longer be activated while under the effects of a silence.

1.4.3 6/21/2011
* Due to the nature of the changes in this update, the Shadow Warrior Career has had their Mastery and

* Bullseye: This tactic is now available at rank 35.

* Instinctive Aim: This tactic is now available at rank 33. The tactic increases Strength, Ballistic Skill, and
Weapon Skill; while reducing Toughness.

~~~~

* Whirling Pin will now snare targets in a Point-Blank Area of Effect and knock the Shadow Warrior
directly back. The knock back requires that you hit a target with the snare. This ability will cost 0 Action
Points. You will not be able to fire it without enemies around.

* Fixed an issue in which Festering Arrow and Brutal Assault were not correctly processing damage.
You'll see a slight increase in base damage, but not damage gained from stat.

* Vengeance of Nagarythe will no longer interact with abilities. The cooldown will be 30s and provide a
25% boost to damage dealt for 10s.

* Fell the Weak will gain a base damage increase.

* Flanking Shot will no longer interact with Vengeance of Nagarythe. The chance to deal critical damage
with this ability will scale based on your target's health. For example; if your target is at 14% health, your
chance to deal critical damage will be increased by 86%.

* Takedown will no longer interact with Vengeance of Nagarythe. This means it will no longer knock
down targets.

* Glass Arrow received a complete redesign. It will now deal damage to a single target and reduce the
range of their abilities. It will reduce the range to 75% of the intended range(including their positive
modifiers). For clarification, range is the distance in which the ability will fire on the target and is not to
be confused with radius.

* Eye Shot will knock down the target for 3s and the cool down is 20s. Initiative buff stays the same. No
Keen Arrows interaction to increase the Knock down duration. Right now it is going to remain Skirmish
only.

So I'm hoping at least one of ya more serious SW player's have paid better attention to these changes and have some free time help me update my list and get myself up to speed again. My search of the server logs and patch notes hasn't been exactly helpful - especially for stuff that changed game mechanics as a whole, rather than specifically just Shadow Warrior's. I suppose in live I had a whole harem of Shadow Warriors to help me go through all the changes; what they loved... [mostly hated to be frank - the devs in live really seemed to hate the Sexy Boots heh] but now I'm doing this on my own and feeling quite overwhelmed with trying to parse through it all and actually put it into game play - especially difficult considering my SW is only 26 yet. My husband's got a 40 but he's not exactly helpful (he expects /me/ to keep him informed :D)

Thanks to anyone who can help! <3

Some of the biggest changes not on the wiki page: Initiaitve Debuff from Conq proc and Wrist Slash stack, if initiative drops below 0 target will always be crit (no mitigation helps), DoT's do not demount (on ticks nor the application of the dot itself), crit cap is 4k (so no more great festerbombs), Dot's break detaunt (changed from previous ror state), and Expert Skirmisher no longer cuts LA's cast in half (actually have to have an enemy target selected and within range to happen, but its super buggy so nix on that).

Currently Assault is best for small man once you get BiS and skirmisher is best for everything else; Scout is garbo atm. Hope this helps.
<Montague><Capulet>

Bozzax

Post#10 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:57 am

Just team up with a statsteal SM that uses BLurring Shock and enjoy
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7